Still unsure what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrance

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Indiana
Hi, because of new laws here, I can no longer smoke at work. I've been a 1PAD for 15 years currently smoking light cigarettes. I just bought a Fuma at my local shop to try out my alternatives and I actually like it and have almost been able to give up cigarettes. But I feel the Fuma is lacking in some areas for me mainly battery life and reasonably priced replacement supplies.
I have read on here extensively about about different models and I'm still confused as to what I want. I'm thinking along the lines of a manual mid-sized model for a decent battery life, and can still be slipped into my pocket without leaking.
Do I want a two or e piece system?
What about wicks or carts?
For a beginner it seems like alot of different options available and I'm totally lost. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to stay around $100 or below.
Thanks

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

I started with this. VERY pocketable. It comes with cartos, which I prefer. The harded part is juices...but as long as you have something you can tolerate you will be set. It seems the holy grail of vaping is the right juice...and it is different for everyone. Turns out I LOVE bananna juices...who would have thought :)

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
What kind of work do you do? That would make a difference on whether or not a certain delivery device would be more or less prone to leaking in your pocket.

For example, you wear slacks to work, and don't do much physical work, then a DCT probably wouldn't leak in your pocket.

If you were, say, a mechanic, and did a lot of physical movement such as bending, twisting, stepping up and down, etc... and wore tighter fitting jeans, a DCT would very likely leak in your pocket.

Regular cartomizers? Best chance of no leaking, but you'd have to carry around also, a bottle of liquid at minimum, as cartos dry out fast.

ETA: An eGO battery would be your best bet for a nice balance of portability and longevity.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Welcome Lowrance! If you want to advance beyond the cig look-alikes and have something pocketable (I assume you mean pants pockets and not shirt pockets) then something in the EGO/KGO/E Power lines are probably your best bet. The smaller profile juice delivery system is probably the EGO-C tank setup, but many (not all) have experienced leakage with these, just throwing it out there so you are aware of it. Cartomizers are probably the safest for pockets due to their general ruggedness and that they hold juice in a filler material that is not likely to leak. there are other tank systems also, but they are probably a lot higher risk of breakage and leaks.

If you want more info on any of the above, let us know.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Where in Indiana are you? We have a vapemeet coming up this Saturday at Whiskey Business 11915 Pendleton Pike on the east side of Indianapolis at 4 pm. It would be very beneficial for you if you could come. You can meet some people who've been vaping for awhile, and see what devices they have, and get their input, as well as look at the devices hands on. We are also going to have some raffles, so you could possibly walk away with a new device for free or for $5 for extra raffle ticket!

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I've been using Ego's along with stardust type tanks for a long time now, and feel no desire to upgrade. Personally, I can't take the filling in cartos, and was so happy to find the stardust. There are a bit more expensive to buy than regular cartos, but I can make each one last about 2 months, so figure they're a bargain really. You can find a nice complete starter kit here GotVapes StartMeUp! New Vaper COMPLETE Kit - Everything Included [gc-NEWVAPERego-starterkit] - $79.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

NATE76

May 15, 2012
Clarksville TN
I've been using Ego's along with stardust type tanks for a long time now, and feel no desire to upgrade. Personally, I can't take the filling in cartos, and was so happy to find the stardust. There are a bit more expensive to buy than regular cartos, but I can make each one last about 2 months, so figure they're a bargain really. You can find a nice complete starter kit here GotVapes StartMeUp! New Vaper COMPLETE Kit - Everything Included [gc-NEWVAPERego-starterkit] - $79.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

This is what you need no fuss no mess , i would say to instead get two egotwist batts instead of the starter kit just get stardusts and charger your good , and will provide a great vape , i use one myself at work no leaks no worries no mess

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
This is what you need no fuss no mess , i would say to instead get two egotwist batts instead of the starter kit just get stardusts and charger your good , and will provide a great vape , i use one myself at work no leaks no worries no mess

Yeah, that might be a better idea........

meldee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Westerville, OH
Hoosier e-Cig in your home state has a great KGO kit in a variety of colors: KGO kit1100mAh by SLB
Battery life is awesome with this kit...I can go 12 hours without recharging (and you get 2 batteries, so you're pretty much covered). I got this exact kit and have been nothing but happy since.

I would suggest some ego vision clearomizers as well (aka stardust) and some blank LR cartomizers to fill with whatever juice strikes your fancy.

lowrance

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Indiana
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I work in the steel industry, so lots of physical movement.
Kay1959, I live in the muncie area, about an hour to 1 1/2 from Indy. That meet sounds like a great time and would definitely answer any questions I have, unfortunately I would not be able to attend this one because of our work schedule.
Thanks again everyone for the help

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You could always buy a lanyard that goes around the neck or a belt PV holder.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I work in the steel industry, so lots of physical movement.
Kay1959, I live in the muncie area, about an hour to 1 1/2 from Indy. That meet sounds like a great time and would definitely answer any questions I have, unfortunately I would not be able to attend this one because of our work schedule.
Thanks again everyone for the help

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Having smoked for so long and a pack a day I suggest some form of the "fatt batt" variety out there.

Also try to be open to other flavors beyond just tobacco. Fruits, menthol, gum, candy, fruity menthol, redbull, there's so much out there. I suggest getting 3-4 6 ml samples in your first order. Sweet-vapes.com may even still offer 3ml sample packs. You don't want to buy too much before you know if you like vaping or not.

You can defiantly work with 100$. Disposable Blu's may be available at your local walgreens. I only suggest them to see if you think you would like vaping before fully committing as they tend to be around 8-9$ a piece.

Most of all, take your time! There is not a rush. Get comfortable, keep reading and order when you are ready. Read juice reviews, model reviews, ect.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I second those who recommended the Kgo or E-Power 510. Both have higher voltage batteries than the eGo and come standard with 1000+ mAh batteries unlike the smaller standard eGo battery of only 650 mAh. They are all about the same physical size (sharpie pen) and cost range. Why pay more for less. Here are some additional well supported suppliers:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.browse&category_id=31

Crystal Clear Vaping

You will find vaping easier and better if you move up to a better model than what you have.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
In your situation as described I would go for this kit. Nice and simple comes with everything you need to get started and the newest Ego Technology with the C batts. ( No Variable voltage on this one but still good batteries for the simple rugged user.) Price 85 bucks plus shipping.
You can order it here: DragonFly Ecig
Comes with:
Each kit contains:

1pc Joye eGo C 650mAh black battery

1pc Joye eGo C 1000mAh black battery

5pc Vision eGo clearomizer 2.5-2.9ohm

1pc Joye eGo USB charger

1pc Black Universal eGo Lanyard

1pc Black eGo Medium (M) Carry Case

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Kgo is a solid PV and you would have many enjoyable vapes from it. Because it is true 3.7 a whole new world of attys and cartos opens up. If/ when you decide on the vendor go here to search for a discount code:
ECF Electronic Cigarette Coupon codes - Your source for electronic cigarette discount coupons

I will keep the neck lanyard in mind. I have found out using the fuma that I prefer the fruits over tobacco flavors. Right now I am leaning more toward the KGO that meldee for starting out. I'm thinking at that price I could experiment more with different juices and not have a while lot invested at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread