Still Waiting For 100% 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I returned all products bought from a proprietary e-cig supplier, because I was completely dissatisfied with the products (low quality, overpriced, one item was missing from my order, some items were the wrong items, etc). The company received my package on October 1st. They have a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee posted on their web site, with instructions on where to return the products, and a statement that the refund will be processed within 7 to 10 days. Over half of the products I returned were brand new and never used, because I received those products on the same day that I returned them by USPS priority mail.

Before I sent the package, I emailed the owner four times and never received a response. I went ahead and sent the package so the company would receive it before the 30 days ended. Since then, I've sent two PMs to the owner from this forum. I received one PM reply from him telling me the refund would be processed within 7 to 10 days.

It has now been 20 days (14 business days) since they received the package I returned, and I've received no refund. I just sent another email to the owner a few minutes ago asking why it's taking so long to process my refund.

My question is what should I do next if he never refunds my money? Has anyone here been successful when pursuing further actions? The refund due to me is approximately $311, which doesn't include the extra $27 I paid for the shipping fees for three orders.

Thanks for any advice!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Small claims court ? Don't forget to add pain and suffering :]
and ..list there name here on ECF, inquiring minds want to know..

Thanks, yes, I will be listing the company name here, but I told the owner in my email earlier tonight that I would seek further action if I don't receive the refund this week. So I feel like I should wait a couple more days.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
It's easier than small claims. I assume you paid with a credit card or debit card. Simply go to your bank (or call your CC company) and deny the charges. They'll ask why you're denying, you explain and provide copies of the return policy and shipping confirmation number. They'll simply return your money and go after the vendor for you.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
It's easier than small claims. I assume you paid with a credit card or debit card. Simply go to your bank (or call your CC company) and deny the charges. They'll ask why you're denying, you explain and provide copies of the return policy and shipping confirmation number. They'll simply return your money and go after the vendor for you.

Thank you, VeeDubb! I was wondering if I could do that, and it was on my list to check out, if I don't get the refund. Yes, a credit card was used. Do you know if it matters that the purchase dates were back in early and mid-September?

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Ditto to the advice of doing a charge back on your credit card or bank card.

I strongly suspect you are well within your time frame for your credit card company to accept your charge back. Based on your statements here, they PM'd you that you would have a refund within 7 to 10 days. Apparently they failed to do a refund.

If you do a charge back you will Not get your return shipping reimbursed by the credit card company. That would be between you and the business owner.

Double check with your credit card company to Be Absolutely Sure they did Not do the refund.
If no. Then do a charge back.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thank you, pkj! I appreciate the advice. I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow or Friday.

I've been checking my account online a few times every day for the last two weeks, and I'm sure no refund has been credited to my account. The first order was on September 4, the second order was on September 14, and the third order was on September 16. I returned the package with all items on September 28th, the day I received the 2nd and 3rd orders. The company received it on October 1st, based on the tracking info. I hope it's not too late to receive a chargeback.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! I waited until today, because I wanted to give the owner of Smokeless Delite the chance to respond to my emails. He finally responded late last week stating the refund had been processed and it should be posted to my credit card account by today. The total refund was $14 of the $339 I paid to the company, Smokeless Delite (smokelessdelite.com). As of right now, no other refund has been posted to my credit card account.

I emailed the owner on early Sunday morning asking what the $14 was for and where was the rest of my refund. He has not replied yet (and I have no hope anymore that he'll respond). A few minutes ago, I phoned the AMS Fulfillment Center (the company that ships the products for Smokeless Delite) and was given the Smokeless Delite phone number in California. I called that number, nobody answered, and after about 35 rings, I heard nothing, and then I heard the usual recording for an incorrect phone number, "The number you have dialed is not in service...."

From the time I decided to return all the products (on 09/28) through Sunday morning (10/24), I emailed the owner about eight times. He responded only twice, stating the refund would be processed in 7 to 10 days. The company received the products I returned on 10/01, and the actual refund of $14 was processed on 10/20 and posted to my credit card account on 10/22. The refund was short by $325. I've contacted my credit card company and hope this will all be straightened out within the next three to five days. I'll post an update when there's a resolution.

Thank you all again!

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Looks like another business " Failure to Communicate" situation. Glad to hear you are going to get your money back. Sorry you had to go through all of this to get it refunded. Based on what I've read here, you handled it correctly.

Thank you for telling us what happened with smokelessdelite.com. You may have saved others a lot of frustration.

Paula

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Looks like another business " Failure to Communicate" situation. Glad to hear you are going to get your money back. Sorry you had to go through all of this to get it refunded. Based on what I've read here, you handled it correctly.

Thank you for telling us what happened with smokelessdelite.com. You may have saved others a lot of frustration.

Paula

Agreed, posts like this keep the other vendors honest and help newbs from making the same mistake. Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
A good sign of a bad website is when they ask you if you're sure you want to navigate away from the page. Grrr.."No, I don't want to navigate; I want to stay here and turn around and bend over for you!" LOL,,,Run Run Run

You're so right! I didn't know the Smokeless Delite web site had that popup box until after I had placed my first order and had gone back to their site on a subsequent day. When I saw that, I thought, "what have I got myself into?!"

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Here is an update on Smokeless Delite's 100% Money-Back Guarantee 7 to 10-day refund process for the three orders I placed and returned. One of the orders was split up, with two separate amounts billed to me and two separate shipments.

The company received the package I sent on 10/01.

The first refund was issued on 10/20 and posted by the bank on 10/22.

Two more refunds were issued on 10/22 and posted by the bank on 10/25.

The last refund has a transaction date of 09/15 and was posted by the bank on 10/26.

I've now received all refunds, except for $26.85, which was the exorbitant shipping fee of $8.95 times three shipments, and except for the $11.40 I paid to the USPS for priority mail to return all of the products. I won't worry about these amounts.

It took Smokeless Delite 26 days (18 business days) to refund the amounts due back to me after they received the products on October 1st. So much for their promise of "7 to 10 days" to process refunds. Of course, I'll never know if I would have received any of the refunds, if I hadn't continued to send emails to the owner, posted this review, and finally called the credit card company on October 25th.

Reasons why I placed the 2nd and 3rd orders on the day I received my first starter kit and why I decided to return all of the products:

1) I was completely new to all of this and hadn't discovered ECF yet (and all of the e-cig suppliers available).

2) I really liked the flavor in the USA Made cartridges (cartomizers) that were included in the first starter kit. I wanted more of that flavor. (Note: The second shipment I received had a completely different flavor, even though they were both their "Cigarette Flavor.")

3) After the first two hours and finding a dead battery in my hand -- and then having to wait 1½ hours for it to recharge -- I knew I needed more batteries. (I loved vaping from the very beginning and would have quit smoking on the first day, except I had to smoke while waiting for the battery to recharge.) I didn't know if the battery I had was interchangable with parts made by other companies. The $89.99 starter kit I ordered had only one battery. At that time, I was not aware of "510" batteries and "510" parts -- or any of the many other suppliers available. I found out about all of that on the same day after I placed my 2nd and 3rd orders, so I wrote to the owner of Smokeless Delite (later on the same day of my third order) and told him to cancel those two orders. He responded four days later, telling me the orders had already shipped. This turned out to be not true, since it took 14 days to receive those orders (from CA to MI).

4) If the owner had not lied to me, and if he had cancelled my 2nd and 3rd orders, I don't think I would have returned the first order.

5) When I received the second shipment of cartomizers, the flavor was completely different from what was in the first shipment of cartomizers. It was bad tasting. The cost for a box of five of those 4081 cartomizers (with an included adapter, which they forgot to send in my 2nd order) is $24.99.

6) After about three days, the first battery I received needed to be recharged after an hour (down from two hours). A few days later, it needed to be recharged after a half hour.

I'm very thankful that: it's all over now, I'm now a vaper and no longer a smoker, I have batteries (1000 and 900mAh eGos and passthroughs) that last all day long without having to recharge them every half hour or hour, I found the perfect liquid for me within a short time, this forum is available to help all of us, and I'm now dealing with honest, wonderful suppliers!

Thanks to all for your advice! Happy vaping!

Last edited:

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
Since this is a review area of suppliers, can you please post who the supplier is so that we can all be forewarned and/or share our own bad or good experiences with said company? The company may even see this and respond to you through PM with a solution. Or someone here in the forums may have Names and numbers for you to contact them with.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Since this is a review area of suppliers, can you please post who the supplier is so that we can all be forewarned and/or share our own bad or good experiences with said company? The company may even see this and respond to you through PM with a solution. Or someone here in the forums may have Names and numbers for you to contact them with.

The company's name is listed eight times above within my last three posts. The problem I had has been resolved by the company, Smokeless Delite, as I described above in my posts. It just took about twice as long to resolve as they promised it would take.

http://www.smokelessdelite.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread