STLTH Vape Pod system - anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
I've been eyeing the Stlth vape for a minute, but didn't bite the bullet mostly because of closed pods (we shall see...haha) and leaking issues, plus having to order from Canada.

Apparently the company has recently fixed the pod problems and has come out with a 420mah version of their old 350. That's all it took after 15% off and some fun flavors (honeydew methol or raspberry sour apple anyone?) to convince myself I can get just one more toy right now. Out the door for the vape and 4) 3-packs of pods was $60us. No complaints. It's just going to be one of my side chicks anyways ;p

Still...I'm curious if anyone has tried it? Even with a side chick I'd prefer to know in advance if any performance annoyances have been duly noted. I searched the forums, no info...but worth a shot. Hopefully it makes me happy, at least for a little while ;)

Vanessa

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I've been eyeing the Stlth vape for a minute, but didn't bite the bullet mostly because of closed pods (we shall see...haha) and leaking issues, plus having to order from Canada.

Apparently the company has recently fixed the pod problems and has come out with a 420mah version of their old 350. That's all it took after 15% off and some fun flavors (honeydew methol or raspberry sour apple anyone?) to convince myself I can get just one more toy right now. Out the door for the vape and 4) 3-packs of pods was $60us. No complaints. It's just going to be one of my side chicks anyways ;p

Still...I'm curious if anyone has tried it? Even with a side chick I'd prefer to know in advance if any performance annoyances have been duly noted. I searched the forums, no info...but worth a shot. Hopefully it makes me happy, at least for a little while ;)

Vanessa

I received one of the original units free from the company in order to test and review it. I ended up giving it to one of my smoking friends to see if he liked it. The salt nic was too high for me at 35mg.

That said, I think it would be good for someone to get off the cig's with but probably not so good for someone like me who's already been vaping for a couple of years at 3mg and likes the battery power of dual 18650's. It's MTL and I'm strickly DTL as well.

I understand the pods can be refilled a couple of times - there's a post on the Canadian ecig Reddit on how to do it.

Good luck! I hope you like yours.

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
I received one of the original units free from the company in order to test and review it. I ended up giving it to one of my smoking friends to see if he liked it. The salt nic was too high for me at 35mg.

That said, I think it would be good for someone to get off the cig's with but probably not so good for someone like me who's already been vaping for a couple of years at 3mg and likes the battery power of dual 18650's. It's MTL and I'm strickly DTL as well.

I understand the pods can be refilled a couple of times - there's a post on the Canadian ecig Reddit on how to do it.

Good luck! I hope you like yours.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I quit smoking not long ago and like the mtl/high nic situations so I don't think I'll have much buyer's remorse. It's nice to have a change of pace from time to time even if it doesn't end up outperforming the juul rubi or infinix. Cheers!

Vanessa

Reactions: ceeceeisme

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I quit smoking not long ago and like the mtl/high nic situations so I don't think I'll have much buyer's remorse. It's nice to have a change of pace from time to time even if it doesn't end up outperforming the juul rubi or infinix. Cheers!

Vanessa
I'm wondering if you've tried one yet. They seem to be sold in many places now (not just vape shops). I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the device. Cheers. M.

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
I've never seen Stlth available in the US, so am really looking forward to trying it! It should arrive sometime mid next week. I read a review from a guy who had tried other mtls and wasn't able to kick the cigs til stlth, so that was a big motivation to test it out. I quit over a month ago using just the juul at first then branched out and tried a few others, haven't missed cigs much, basically a miracle! In fact out of curiosity I had a drag at a dinner party last week and...ewww! Yucky. It didn't taste good at all, and certainly not delightful like my own cocktail juice combos. Even so, if it replicates the cigarette feel/hit more than my others, I'd be very happy....update soon!

Vanessa

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
I was out the door to grab my package containing the Stlth the second it hit my doorstep! It's packaging is almost identical to the juul, slick and mod. A bit smaller than the infinix, the coating is awesome. Unfortunately the aesthetics are where it stops being good for me. The pods leak a bit...right out of the box. Strike 1. The draw is very, very tight...not a comfortable experience. Strike 2. The juices provide a strong nicotine hit, but the flavors (all four of them!) are total garbage. Strike 3. Interesting education, but because of how little I care for the device, it turned out to be an expensive one. Until I can get rid of it, I'll probably use it occasionally, entertaining unrealistic hope that maybe I'll magically like it better someday. But...nah. I think not! Out of sheer perversity though, I have been vaping it while I wrote this ;p

Vanessa

Smittenkittenz

Sep 16, 2018
I'm wondering if you've tried one yet. They seem to be sold in many places now (not just vape shops). I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the device. Cheers. M.
Hey there,
So I wrote a really scathing stlth review a bit ago and have since learned a valuable lesson. When using MTL devices and abruptly switching to a different style pen, it can be awful because of how shockingly different it is. I didn't expexperience that going from juul to infinix to rubi, but they all have similarities. Stlth is in a different category in almost every way except for being a MTL device.

Since I spent a wad of change on it and had a ton of pods, I refused to stop using til my supplies had been depleted. Now I use it 80% of the time. The pods are hardcore. There is no leaking. There is hardly ever a trace of spitback. It's the most perfect pen I've used to date. It produces a very sayisfying throat hit once you get used to it - and a decent amount of vapor, about juul level.

The only downer is that it's a Canadian brand not sold in the states, and I have been worried about my now expensive habit and not using the plethora of eliquids I already have.

After much thought, examination and the total destruction of a used pod, I came up with and executed a (if I do say so myself) freaking genius way of hacking the pods that unlike every single hack for any closed pod system I've seen, after much research, does ZERO damage to the pod at all. Happy dance!! The refills have been flawless. And, since the pods are magnetic coil and no nasty cotton crap to deal with, which I despise, I have no idea how many fills I can get out of each but...it will be better than any cotton refillable pod for sure. So I'm pretty damn delighted. Tenacity for the win!

Vanessa

Reactions: tailland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread