STM - Center pin not always making contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings, lately my RBA's have been failing in my STM - when mounted to my TC40 they won't register with any ohms! After one failed I tried a few others - same thing - no ohms reading.

I had a few stock coils laying about and swapped through a few of them and sure enough, each and every one of them registered a resistance reading.

I'm thinking its my tank base and the center pin does not stick out far enough. I tried the same RBA's on another STM base and they all registered. Took the suspect base apart and cleaned it in hot water and the same thing - prewound coils work - the RBAv1 and RBAv2 heads won't register. (sigh)

I ended up giving up in frustration and ordering a few extra bases from Slowtek. (ought to be here in a few WEEKS)

Anyone else have RBA issues with their Kanger Sub-tank Mini? How did you solve it?

jackmormon

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Hey George,

Try using a chopstick or something similar to push out the 510 pin in the base and also the insulator. Clean them. Re-insert the insulator making sure it is pushed in as far as it can go. Insert the 510 pin and push it into the base as far as it can go. I have read about some folks using a rubber mallet and tapping it to push it in a bit further. When you screw in the RBA section, do it slowly and you should see it push out the 510 pin at tiny bit when it makes contact.

I love the STM but have to do this once in awhile. Seems like the insulator shifts a bit over use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread