Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Looks like I used 'typo'! (3mg)
No magic! I bought some under powered(it seems) little pods and, my god, you can puff on those things all day and get nothing out of them. You produce some vapour but juice consumption for me seems to be very low.
Confession here though, I just got back from a restaurant and nice meal with my wife about 30mins ago.
I coiled up a SMM Serpent, filled it up and took some big drags and soon after(like right now) Im saying to myself,"oh! thats what Ive been missing!"
The SMM Serpent is a bit of a juice guzzler = good nic delivery.
Between a belly full of Barramundi and chili and lime prawns(shrimp), a nice cool after dinner lager and ssm serpent nic delivery, any edge that may have been present has been knocked off.

I have a couple pods along with my regular mods in rotation. I can easily vape 8 mls a day with a squonker, but barely 2 with a pod. They do cut my consumption down quite a lot.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would like, uh, who is profligate, maybe @Fidola13 (if only she were not a DL squonker so she knew my taste) but I think I need her to be my secret mod shopper and @Rossum to be my like, retirement account planner. I should be good then.

To be fair, the doggy tanks are "necessary" unless I get into my own lovely home of linoleum soon, man. The cylons were optional but they were Just Replacements and I seriously love that mod.

IN TOTALITY I am doing FANTASTIC but holy crud totaling a house after spending 30 K on its RENOVATION, well, it sort of does sobering things to you, Like make you think you can live on spit and Hunts Baked Beans 1 can per day and walk or bike everywhere, as a sort of slow financial suicide pact with yourself. It's like, "I will repair the house for yes THE THIRD DAMN TIME or go down TRYING!"

LOL. Some days I don't feel like I need the Hunts brand, like the family dollar brand would be A OK.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I would like, uh, who is profligate, maybe @Fidola13 (if only she were not a DL squonker so she knew my taste) but I think I need her to be my secret mod shopper and @Rossum to be my like, retirement account planner. I should be good then.

To be fair, the doggy tanks are "necessary" unless I get into my own lovely home of linoleum soon, man. The cylons were optional but they were Just Replacements and I seriously love that mod.

IN TOTALITY I am doing FANTASTIC but holy crud totaling a house after spending 30 K on its RENOVATION, well, it sort of does sobering things to you, Like make you think you can live on spit and Hunts Baked Beans 1 can per day and walk or bike everywhere, as a sort of slow financial suicide pact with yourself. It's like, "I will repair the house for yes THE THIRD DAMN TIME or go down TRYING!"

LOL. Some days I don't feel like I need the Hunts brand, like the family dollar brand would be A OK.

Anna

i was out of the loop for awhile when I broke my hip. What happened to your house? Your selling it right?

and I’ve got enough mods to send to u already without even going shopping lol!

Reactions: bnrkwest

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Despite living in NZ - I have more than enough RDAs, RTAs, regulated mods, mech mods, squonk mods and drop-in coil tanks. Why?

deemingregs.jpg

;)

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
    Feb 27, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I have enough coils 12+ years worth! for my subtanks and plenty of the kits as spares thanks to a couple of great clearance sales. Also bought some RTA only tanks and already made coils in case in my old age I can't make coils for whatever reason, along with plenty of wire and cotton. I just need some nic and bottles which I will get when I finally get home from being out of town.

Here is a question for all of you, aside from dropping a mod etc, how long do the regulated mods typically last on average?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Here is a question for all of you, aside from dropping a mod etc, how long do the regulated mods typically last on average?
    It does depend on the mod, I have a Provari mini that is 8 yrs old and still works. I hear some i sticks are still going strong after 5 yrs. some others too. On average tho I figure 2-4 yrs per mod unless it was a lemon :)

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    It does depend on the mod, I have a Provari mini that is 8 yrs old and still works. I hear some i sticks are still going strong after 5 yrs. some others too. On average tho I figure 2-4 yrs per mod unless it was a lemon :)

The only mods I've ever had stop working are internal battery mods. I still have mods from 2014-16 that work just fine. I finally retired my RX200 from years of daily use today. But not because it doesn't still work. Only because my two married sets of 3 batteries were ready to be recycled. I'll probably dig it out again eventually. :D

debinnv

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Island Of Misfit Toys
    I keep thinking I'm done. I tell myself, I'm comfy with what I have stockpiled now and then I see a sale or I think, well maybe a little more nic couldn't hurt. Or a few more mechs and round and round we go..........:)
    I truly do think I have enough put away now. It's just so many good sales lately, it's hard to resist.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I keep thinking I'm done. I tell myself, I'm comfy with what I have stockpiled now and then I see a sale or I think, well maybe a little more nic couldn't hurt. Or a few more mechs and round and round we go..........:)
    I truly do think I have enough put away now. It's just so many good sales lately, it's hard to resist.
    It is hard to stop when you know what's coming. I finally got to the point of knowing what I have just May out live me LOL

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    That's an impossible question to answer... who knows? You could get one with bad electronics, a firing switch that wears out quickly, battery doors that do not close, stripped 510 threads, screws that come loose and fall out, etc etc.. To be extremely safe I figured 1 year per mod (that average includes me worrying about drops and losing them though) and while I did buy multiples of each, I bought a wide variety of brands/models in the event of a common issue with one of them. Most people recommend having a few mechs in your stash as those have far less to go wrong with them.

I have over 80 mods, including 7 mechs... but that is for 2 people... still, it was probably overkill.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I am sure I am set on mods, tanks and RDA's. I am still snapping up decent deals on coils now and then as I really wasn't thinking on not being able to build at some point. Even that has to be one heck of a deal for me to buy at this point.

The one tank that bothers me came with a kit and I have very few coils for is the Ohmie. I have not found a RBA that works in it and coils are not the easiest thing to find and certainly not on deals.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    The one tank that bothers me came with a kit and I have very few coils for is the Ohmie. I have not found a RBA that works in it and coils are not the easiest thing to find and certainly not on deals.
    I picked up like 4 packs when they were half price at xmas... gonna just toss it once I get through those. When I got it, I thought it was compatible with Vaporesso GT coils which I have a ton of, plus different RBAs for a few different makes of tanks that use them... It was not until later that I found out it was not, had I known that I wouldn't have gotten the 4 packs of coils. I mainly bought the kit for the mod.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I picked up like 4 packs when they were half price at xmas... gonna just toss it once I get through those. When I got it, I thought it was compatible with Vaporesso GT coils which I have a ton of, plus different RBAs for a few different makes of tanks that use them... It was not until later that I found out it was not, had I known that I wouldn't have gotten the 4 packs of coils. I mainly bought the kit for the mod.
    Yeah I am in this spot for the same reason. I thought it was compatible with other tanks with interchangeable coils and discovered when it arrived it wasn't. I found ohmie coils recently at $4.99 a pack here in the US and bought them out recently. I think direct from Asmodus they are in the same price range right now. I am debating picking up more.

In other relevant news. Has anyone else found with ancient ego batteries they still work and recharge but the rubbery coating on them has gone sticky? Does anyone know what can be done about that?

As for old mods my old Vamo (Vs 1 I think) still works but it is now an 18650 only mod as one of the joint for extender rings has fused together enough I just can't get it apart anymore. It is 2013 vintage. LOL

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I have enough coils 12+ years worth! for my subtanks and plenty of the kits as spares thanks to a couple of great clearance sales. Also bought some RTA only tanks and already made coils in case in my old age I can't make coils for whatever reason, along with plenty of wire and cotton. I just need some nic and bottles which I will get when I finally get home from being out of town.

I had one Istick that autofired so I pitched it, and one fell in water. One 18650 mod - some old cuboid thing - that the contact got loose on. Someone probably could have fixed that, but I didn’t care to try. And I have a Eleaf ipower that is not reading coils properly, but I use that for building so it’s taken a fair share if abuse. All of these were about 2-3 years old.

All the rest seem to be holding up just fine, but I think it helps to rotate through a lot of mods.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I am sure I am set on mods, tanks and RDA's. I am still snapping up decent deals on coils now and then as I really wasn't thinking on not being able to build at some point. Even that has to be one heck of a deal for me to buy at this point.

I have one like that, the Ella Duro, I need to check the Advken Dominator RBA in it. I don't have coils for the Ella because they are so low ohms. I think the exo s RBA fit it with a different oring but not sure it works, I need to test it.

Reactions: Opinionated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread