• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Stockists of Screwdriver type PV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Discovered something new today with the 901. And BIG wow.
As I mentioned above, my 901 has been feeling a bit weak. I vape maily with a USB pass through. After lots of reading on these boards last night, I discovered that the USB port on the PC/notebook is max 500ma output. So I went to Makro this afternoon and got the iPod car/wall USB charger. The iPod kits come at 5v/1A output.
This 901 is KICKING now. What a huge difference. So am happy with the 901 again.
On 5v/1A the throat hit is massive and vapor production huge. Burning through juice though :)
Even on battery, the 901 was a bit weak, but could just be because I have used them so much. Ordered 2 manual batteries from EasyCigarette as the manual is suppose to help with throat hit and vapor as you can control the atty better. Will see.

I would still like a Prodigy though. I love vaping and would love it if I could get my hands on something better than the 901.

BTW: Sunday was 3 weeks off analogs. vaping only 100%. Have only had 3 small hangs for analogs over the 3 week period, but were small and overcame them quick enough.

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
That's two in the boat. :D

We can import them ourselves from The Prodigy V1 : E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store Vaporista.
I am just checking if EasyCigarette can get them for us. If not, do you want to chip in here and we split shipping?
I want to get the 901 model as getting 901 attys in SA is easy.

Where do you stay BTW? (For shipping purposes).

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
So I went to Makro this afternoon and got the iPod car/wall USB charger. The iPod kits come at 5v/1A output.

So do you need to run your e-cig through an ipod or do you just hook the e-cig straight into the charger? I also use a passthrough but was looking for something more effective than the USB port.

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
It is a straight forward USB charger. A lot of the USB chargers are rated at 500ma though which is same as computer. And iPos requires 5v/1A which is perfect for us vapers. And a lot easier to phone around asking for an iPod charger than a USB charger with 5v/1A output :)
R485 at Makro.

What is neat about this iPod one, is it is dual USB output, so can charge phone at the same time as vaping and it comes with a car charger too also with dual USB.
I got the Twisp car charger but it was also only 500ma and not good for anything more than charging batteries. Now I can use my pass through in the car too.

Go get one. You will learn a new respect for your pass through :)

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
We can import them ourselves from The Prodigy V1 : E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store Vaporista.
I am just checking if EasyCigarette can get them for us. If not, do you want to chip in here and we split shipping?
I want to get the 901 model as getting 901 attys in SA is easy.

Where do you stay BTW? (For shipping purposes).

Aye Aye :D Uk store no stock though.

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
It is a straight forward USB charger. A lot of the USB chargers are rated at 500ma though which is same as computer. And iPos requires 5v/1A which is perfect for us vapers. And a lot easier to phone around asking for an iPod charger than a USB charger with 5v/1A output :)
R485 at Makro.

What is neat about this iPod one, is it is dual USB output, so can charge phone at the same time as vaping and it comes with a car charger too also with dual USB.
I got the Twisp car charger but it was also only 500ma and not good for anything more than charging batteries. Now I can use my pass through in the car too.

Go get one. You will learn a new respect for your pass through :)

I picked one up from IC for R350 (without the car adapter) - wow true pass-through vaping bliss :)

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Well, this ol doll found herself a Janty Stick (Twisp Stick in SA) with USB passthrough and a USB wall adaptor plug (next stop car lighter plug) and let me tell you guys and dolls, this is the Creme Brulee. It works like a charm. I no longer need a prodigy. It's as close to smoking analogs as you will ever get. Even with 18mg Juice topped carts, it rocks baby. It vapes baby, great billowing clouds of the stuff. Ah Nirvana at last and today with some more puffaway liquids, I found Peppermint 18mg and Vanilla 18mg so along with Puffaway Marlboro 18mg, Twisp Strawberry, 16mg and Cherryugh 16mg your Vaporista is all set to say farewell to analogs.
Vaporista's tools are 2x 801 penstyles and 1 Janty stick.
And, dear Guys and Dolls, she never thought she'd see the day she could fully escape her enmeshed and horrid marriage of 30 years to Peter Stuyvesant Red. She was down to one analog yesterday and today she declares Good Riddance Mr. Stuyvesant Red and her ticker is up. Day 1 of Freedom! May the miracle continue.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Thanks Darlings. It's past 24 hours since I had my last tobacco cigarette and apart from one or two really uncomfortable moments, with uncharged batts, it's been an absolute vape. Mr. Janty Stick didn't let me down while Mr. Peter Stuyvesant Red stared from the top shelf (to where he's banished to) in a jealous rage.
:D And honestly, I haven't been vaping that much all day. What I have been doing is drip dripping like a frenzied loon from all my bottles, switching from one flavour to another and to carts and back again.
The key of course is to have enough liquids and the rightequipment and I don't think I could have picked a more stressful time like simultaneously ending a long term human relationship and finishing chef training to quit smoking. So far so good and what a great sense of freedom. In 30 years of heavy smoking I never bothered to try quitting once. It was just too pleasurable. But since I started vaping, more out of curiosity than anything really, I've discovered I prefer it. By Far.

DominionZA

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Vaporista, where did you get your Janty stick? If it rivals the Prodigy then I may follow.
My 901 serves me well, but I find the atty's get week after about 4 days.
I do use it like a pacifier though. So maybe I am just too heavy on it.

Congrats on dumping the analogs. Such an awesome feeling. I am at around 6 weeks now and not one single puff of an analog. Clean as a whistle.

I have gone through all the normal symptoms they mention here on the forum, although not as hectic. Passed though, and plain sailing from here.

Mr Lamco... If I cannot find a Janty stick as a reasonable price, we can combine shipping and order in a Prodigy. Email me at msmit at savitar dot co dot za.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread