Stolen Shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It finally happened to me. :mad:

Ordered 2 new batteries and 2 matching clearos plus 20 coils. My order hit Indianapolis on 4/29 to be delivered 5/1..... And vanished. It finally hit Fort Worth 7 days later and came to my house today.

An empty envelope! It's been torn open, the contents stolen, and taped shut. Stamped "Received Without Contents in Fort Worth".

Friggan scumbag thieves!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 101

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
It finally happened to me. :mad:

Ordered 2 new batteries and 2 matching clearos plus 20 coils. My order hit Indianapolis on 4/29 to be delivered 5/1..... And vanished. It finally hit Fort Worth 7 days later and came to my house today.

An empty envelope! It's been torn open, the contents stolen, and taped shut. Stamped "Received Without Contents in Fort Worth".

Friggan scumbag thieves!

Have you contacted the forth worth shipping place? I'm not sure how it would happen but it might have been an employee or something... Sorry to hear about your loss :(

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Dang, man. I'm really sorry that happened to you. I despise a thief. There's not much that's lower, in my book.

The USPS automatically provides up to $50 in insurance for their Priority Mail parcels, so all you need to do is file a stolen parcel report with them, and provide a receipt of what you spent in that particular order. If you stay on top of them, it should only take a couple of weeks to get a check from them for the amount you lost.

I had to deal with them over a destroyed parcel once, and staying on top of them (i.e., calling them every day for updates) resulted in me receiving a check in the mail about two weeks after learning of the destroyed shipment. I know two weeks isn't great, but I honestly expected them to take a month or two, so I was somewhat pleasantly surprised.

Best wishes for you, bro.

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I guess what burns me is that the thief is likely a member of ECF. I don't know any Vaper that doesn't at least know about ECF.

Do the right thing and send this man his stuff....
We'll just keep a lookout for a new post in the vapemail thread, "Yay! I just received my 2 new batteries, 2 matching clearos and 20 coils!". Then we hold him down and flog him. Or maybe stone him with wet, gooey, ....-filled ashtrays. :blink:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Doh! You're right. I said the "automatic" insurance was $200 in my post above. It's actually $50. Corrected here, and in my previous post.

Quote from USPS Priority Mail webpage: "Includes up to $50 in insurance coverage for mailpieces with barcodes"

(Of course, there may be additional insurance provided by the shipper.)

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Was it insured? Even so, not only do you have to deal with the waiting for it to come, but now you have to re-order and wait some more. So sorry!!
2 batts, 2 clearos and 20 coils sounds to me like the total value would be somewhere between $70 and $80. I hope the shipper will have provided some additional insurance with Fred's shipment, but only he could tell us if that was the case. If not, then the $50 he could recover would still be better than nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread