Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
Could be the strength of nicotine, your vaping style (swallowing the vapor), or a PG allergy. Just guesses on my end. I would try to start ruling things out. Try lowering your dose of nicotine, and if that doesn't work, then switch to a VG-based eliquid and see if that helps the situation.. etc etc. Hope you find the cause!

I find especially with a full cart (18mg) that 3 or 4 draws is all i need to replace the hit i used to get from a normal cigarette, anymore and i start to get indigestion. There's definately a different technique involved but i'm getting used to what my limits are now. Best way for me is just to take a draw when i feel the need and then put it down.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
I've had the same problem a couple of times since I started vaping. Best thing I've found is to put it in a drawer as soon as you feel even a hint of it. I don't kn ow about anyone else but another mild warning sign for me is this very slight ringing in my ears. If I don't take a break at that point, the nausea hits next.
Robert

NicoNut

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Pollard-I'm no pro at this (only vaping a month), but the first week or so for me was bad stomach pains(some that double you over!), but not the nausea. I don't have that anymore so was figuring it was my system getting used to no analogs, and all the new vaping.
Until today...was breaking in another new atomizer and got the symptoms again. Now I'm wondering if it could be the stuff they use to prime the atomizers at the factory? Anyone else had problems with new atomizers?
Sure hope yours eases up! Sorry I don't have any quick fixes.

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
My GP told me, essentially, that nicotine fools your brain (imitates a neurotransmitter and bonds to a receptor) into thinking that there is food in your stomach. And then your brain tells your stomach to start producing acid to digest the food (that isn't actually there). So whether you are smoking, vaping, or chewing nicotine gum the nicotine causes you to have more acid in your stomach than you actually need at any given time. And thus leads to acid-indigestion, GERD, ulcers, etc.
So the thing that has worked for me (when smoking or using an e-cig, and I am not a doctor and I am not your doctor and I don't even play one on TV) is doing something to counteract that--drinking a glass of milk, eating a ginger-nut/ginger-snap, or taking a Nexium or other proton-pump-inhibitor.

Reactions: DonnaVapes

mechanicallighter

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2011
Australia
www.ecigaddict.com
Hey guys,

This is a great thread. I've been vaping for about 5 months now and only recently started having stomach cramps and the occasional .........

I don't get the usual OD symptoms this time (had it before: nausea, headaches, dizziness etc).

I'm trying to work out what's going on here, and have been trying to reduce my vaping frequency. I'm down to 16 mg from 24mg's.

Mech:confused:

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Hey guys,

This is a great thread. I've been vaping for about 5 months now and only recently started having stomach cramps and the occasional .........

I don't get the usual OD symptoms this time (had it before: nausea, headaches, dizziness etc).

I'm trying to work out what's going on here, and have been trying to reduce my vaping frequency. I'm down to 16 mg from 24mg's.

Mech:confused:

Have you changed your diet? It's almost Spring there, do you have allergies? It's not always vaping related, if it's been 5 months without symptoms.

Have you change liquid suppliers? Percentage of VG/PG? VG will give my hubby terrible intestinal problems.

mechanicallighter

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2011
Australia
www.ecigaddict.com
It's definitely vaping related Princessdee. If i don't vape, no problems. It's something in the flavors or the nic.

I recently ordered a super strength doubler from tastyvapors. This is not a normal doubler, but an extra strength one. It's also higher in VG % than the regular mix. I usually do about 70 PG/ 30 VG. This one's 40% VG.

I'm starting to wonder if it's that.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Sorry, I couldn't get on yesterday.
Try, if you have the stuff...vape 100% PG for one day, then vape 100% VG for one day. Clean your atty in between, or use a separate carto. (It only took hubby about 2 hours to get really sick with VG and he didn't know what he was vaping. I filled it up and told him to vape it.)

From there you can add the flavored ones and see if it's a specific flavor or a sweetener or whatever.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't know which forum to post this under...

Not all the time, but sometime whenever I take a few puffs of my e-cig I start getting a bit of a stomach ache/nausea

Any reason for this and if so any way to stop it?

Thank you

Nicotine gives me a headache, not nausea. VG gives me a sore throat. PG can make me nauseous. But most of all it's other ingredients in a juice that give me problems. Like pepper and other ingredients used to enhance throat hit.

I vape 36 mg nicotine, 100% PG. If I tried this with TW menthol, I would throw up. But no problems with Dekang Camel nor any of the TW premier range I've tried so far.

Take antacids regularly. A generic Prilosec if you can afford it.

HTH,
Dave

mechanicallighter

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2011
Australia
www.ecigaddict.com
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop by and fill in a conclusion to this thread.

It was in fact vaping related. It's more like it's doubler-related in fact. Something to do with Tastyvapor's extra sweetener that caused all the stomach cramping and .........

I updated my blog about this issue if anyone's interested in reading up on it:

Click here to read my post .

Thanks for all your help guys. At least this problem is sorted once and for all and I can continue vaping and not roll back to analogues. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread