The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stomach Hurting From Low Nicotine (11MG) E-cigs

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Vardanai, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vardanai

Vardanai Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Around 6 months ago I bought a 510 kit and a 11-mg nicotine e-liquid from MyPVShop and I'm happy about everything except for the fact that when I take 4 puffs my stomach gets this weird feeling and I, very slightly feel nautious. When I smoke analogs, I smoke about 7/day and I never feel bad. I don't know why this is happening, is this more likely to be a nicotine affect or a PG affect? Today I purchased the Pen-Style (RN4072) From MyPVShop with many liquids but this time they're PG free and 0-mg nicotine. Also, what's the difference between VG and PG? I heard that VG produces more vapor and tastes better but PG has a better throat hit. Also, is the pen-style any good, is it better than the 510 because I have the 510 and it really annoys me when the atomizer gets heated and the battery doesn't last long and you have to keep refilling e-liquid while you barely taste the e-liquid because most of it gets burned. Also, is 0-mg nicotine e-liquid any different from the ones with nicotine? If yes, how?

2. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2010
    Martinez, CA
    it sounds like you may have a PG allergy of some sort. you shouldn't be experiencing any kind of nicotine overdose at 11mg after only a few puffs. if you do a search on here you may be able to find someone that has had a similar problem.

PG gives you better throat hit and flavor while VG gives more vapor but can mute the flavors some (and has a sweet taste).

your 510 is going to be better than one of the pen style or mini ones in terms of battery life. you might want to give cartomizers a try with your 510. a lot of people prefer them because they tend to require less filling and topping off than an atty/cart combo. i don't like them (i only drip) but it just comes down to personal preference. there are also other options such as the Ego which are still relatively small (never seen one in person) but they have much better battery life.

as for 0mg liquid, the only difference is that there is no nicotine in it.

3. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    Some people do have problems with pg and their guts. VG is cool so give it a try and see what happens. The battery life on the 510 is lame. However, your atty problem is probably user error. You really can't expect to vape on any of them for long without topping off fairly often unless you mod it. Like the last poster said the carto's are easier and vape for longer without filling. But they still take a bit to get used to. I've been at it for a while and still find that I have days when nothing seems to work right. All I can say is keep your batteries charged up and your atties or carto's topped off.

4. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    maybe its to much nicotine, I get nautious when I over nic

5. Springbird

Springbird Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2010
    Connecticut
    Too much nicotine can definitely make you nauseous. If you find that the 0 nic does not make you nauseous that would indicate that it is the nic that's doing it. It may be that 0 is not enough nic though. If the flavors go well together you could try mixing the 0 with the 11 till you find the proportion that works for you.

6. silkakc

silkakc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Canandaigua, NY
    Yup, try all VG. It's gentler on stomachs and throats. I have a chronic stomach condition and using 100% VG works great- no problems at all:)

Watch the flavorings too. I've noticed some burning from fruity flavors and I think they have citric acid in them. Maybe avoid those too .

Lori

7. iros

iros New Member

Apr 4, 2009
    france
    hello,
    I had the same problem with 36mg of nicotine, I think a bit of nicotine remains in the saliva that you swallow and eventually irritate the stomach
    Excuse me for bad English I'm French.

8. Uponone

Uponone Full Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Akron
    i agree with vg.....i have heard from a friend that the pg is definitely not as easy

9. silkakc

silkakc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Canandaigua, NY
    You speak fine and welcome To ECF:)

Lori

10. Vardanai

Vardanai Full Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi ppl, I just got the 0mg PG-Free Eliqiuid and I feel fine.

11. mi528hz

mi528hz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    Reno
    Mypvshop are good people. I buy from them because they are right here in my town. I had a conversation with the owner when I first started vaping about pg allergies. He gave me a bottle of the pg-free juice to try. It was good stuff. Glad you found something that you can vape and feel fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.