Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
STOP AN EXCESSIVE FEDERAL TAX ON SAFER NICOTINE PRODUCTS
"
The House Ways & Means Committee has revealed that it is considering a tax proposal on nicotine and tobacco as part of the funding bill for President Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan. The provision is designed to equalize taxation across all tobacco and nicotine products.

In other words, the tax on demonstrably less harmful products like vaping, snus, and smokeless tobacco would be the same as the tax on cigarettes – the most harmful tobacco product.

In addition to taxing all nicotine and tobacco products as if they were a cigarette, the provision increases the Federal tax on cigarettes by 100%, and raises all other tobacco taxes up to this new level.

What does this increase look like for safer nicotine and tobacco products?

• Nicotine used in vapor products (synthetic, TFN, and tobacco-derived)
    • $100.66 per 1,810mg of nicotine ( $0.05/mg)
    • To put this in more relatable terms (see the table below), this new tax would add $10.00 to a 30mL bottle of 6mg e-liquid. This is in addition to any state or local taxes people may already be paying........"

SIGN PETITION HERE:
Stop a Massive Federal Tax on Safer Nicotine Products!

Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Sorry didn't see it - But its important so might be better off in more than one section of forum.

Cross posting across multiple forums is frowned upon here. So is starting several threads that pretty much deal with the same topic. We call that spamming for raising your post count. Consider this a Mulligan.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I remember back when the Dr. said that my life span would be measured in weeks, rather than in months or years, if I continued to smoke. I was 68 years old at the time. So I made the switch to vaping. I am now 80 years old, and going strong. So I refuse to go back to where I was! No one has the right to kill me! (and that includes congress)

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    I remember back when the Dr. said that my life span would be measured in weeks, rather than in months or years, if I continued to smoke. I was 68 years old at the time. So I made the switch to vaping. I am now 80 years old, and going strong. So I refuse to go back to where I was! No one has the right to kill me! (and that includes congress)
    80? - I just turned 75 and thought I was the oldest person on the forum - Anyone here 90 or more???

I still keep posting ideas on legal solutions but apparently everyone has given up - I get a few likes and agrees, but more argument than anything else - Did you see my post:

IS FDA BANNING VAPING?
    IS FDA BANNING VAPING?

- Where I suggested a 'class action lawsuit'? - A good argument was made that it would not work for several reasons - And I left it that because when you think about it, a failed lawsuit could actually make things worse.

But you see, in my opinion, some people in government could care less that a safer nicotine product might keep you alive longer - You'll just live to collect more Social Security and health benefits such as Medicare - If you go back to smoking cigarettes you'll probably die sooner and save them a lot of money!
    - Or, I'll say it again, they may be evil but they're not stupid !

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread