The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stop the presses, new lavatube 3.0 is about to hit with a 4 amp limit!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Neloish, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Neloish

Neloish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Look's like Ivape is getting a new new Lavatube!

"Here are some pix from the factory before they shipped last night.

Photo Album - Imgur
    you've seen what I've seen.
    Edit: Specs
    On/Off (Small Power Button): Press for 5 times to lock the device Press for 5 times to unlcok the device ; Frist times to fix the battery ;need press five times to unlocked
    Press for 1 times to test the resistance ;

• Button: On press, increases voltage by .1 increment between 3volt and 6 volt. When you reach 6 volts, the user starts back at 3 volts
    • Button: On press, decreases voltage by .1 increment between 3volt and 6 volt. When you reach 3 volts, the user starts back at 6 volts
    Features: • Regulated output which keeps the voltage the same with each puff - regardless of your remaining battery power. As the battery drains, the device will keep the voltage consistent.
    • If the activation button is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the Lavatube VV 1.5 will shut itself off until the button is released.
    • Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection ; if Atomizer Low 1.3ohms , will cut by itself ; if face any short of chipset electronic; the chipset will cut by itself .
    • Reverse Battery Protection - Protects against reverse battery installation.
    • Battery Monitoring/Over-Discharge Protection – Device should monitor the battery voltage and automatically turn off when the battery is discharged.
    • Amperage could Up to 4A, But we limit the Atomizer Resistance on 1.2ohms ..if Low 1.2 Ohms will cut by itself
    • 3 cm Vent hole on the bottom of the device for added safety
    • Our New Lavatube VV could fit both protected or unprotected 18650 Battery
    • If the Voltage which show on LCD on 3V to 6V , When body with atomizer and without atomizer, The real voltage are +- 0.2V ; The LCD will not show like the Old VV1.5 without atomizer ;when 3V ,The LCD show 4.7V
    • Metal caps for top and end"

-Ivapeguy

2. bigpman

bigpman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    They come out with new ones faster than new cell phones... Sounds good though...

3. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    *chuckles*

4. McAldo

McAldo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2012
    London
    Encouraging.
    Obviously, it will take a bit of testing to determine if,and in which conditions, it delivers, but the low amperage is pretty much my only gripe with my LT, since I fitted an IMR battery.

Actually, for the lavatube to become the perfect mod, there are a few things:
    Ability to check atty resistance
    Ability to disable protection so to run any atty at any voltage, and certainly some explicit way of telling the user at which voltage protection kicks in
    Ability to set target wattage and let the LT set automatically the required voltage, like with a kick

That would make for the ideal mod for someone like me, who isn't too worried about having a nice looking mod and an extremely durable one (e.g. A provari)
    Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

5. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    It will be interesting to see if they actually accomplished that since that seems to be one of the two major disappointments people have had with previous versions.

6. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    That was the main thing keeping me from buying an LT when they first came out. I usually vape a 1.5 to 1.7 ohm atty, and at 4.2v it's right around 2.5 to 2.8 amps. If they do indeed up the output limit I may consider buying one. I'll wait for others to write reviews before doing so though.

7. six

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    No doubt. In fact, you should wait for the second and third round of reviews. I'm always baffled by initial comments on any device on ECF. For the first month for 45 days anything is out, there's nothing but enthusiasm and glowing reviews. Then, a few people will begin to point out malfunctions and shortcomings. Later still, we start hearing some actual facts. Finally, people start talking about what it takes to modify whatever device so that it at least works.

8. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    My hesitation in buying a LT has been the amp limit. With the proposed improvement, I will purchase. I WILL wait on those initial fluff reviews to pass tho. This contradicts my impatient nature, but I'm not too keen on being a guinea pig at my wallet's expense anymore. The eGo-T taught me this.

9. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm always skeptical when reading reviews, especially when the reviewer writes a glowing report and states something like "I just got X in the mail yesterday and it's everything I'd ever dreamed of". Juice reviews are just as bad. I don't know how many I've read where someone has vaped a juice for a day or two and says they've found their all day vape. Give it a month or two, then let us know.

As far as the LT, if it'll actually do 4 amps, great. I'll consider it once I've seen how it holds up for a while. I've got my tried and true rig that has been in daily use for well over a year so I don't need to jump at anything new. I'm well past the "gotta have everything" stage.

10. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    That's when I hit the stop button on the review!!!! How can you possibly put the device through any kind of testing in a 24hr period? That is the problem when looking for a review on a device or anything else.... Too may people doing the reviews that shouldn't be....

11. carlton

carlton Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Albuquerque
    New end caps, as well.

12. dodari

dodari Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    New Mexico
    Who has them up on their web page and has them for sale? All Vocano shows is the one with 2.5 amp switch, so far.

13. carlton

carlton Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Albuquerque
    So I was looking through the suppliers forum, and it looks like vaporbeast has them already.

14. ChrispyCritter

ChrispyCritter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

15. six

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    Oh yeah. I missed that. Also probably good news since that seems to be the other major complaint about previous versions.

16. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Vaporbeast is good people. Is it the vector volt on the main page?

17. ChrispyCritter

18. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks boss! Not bad.. Only thing that makes me a little nervous is not having the catch cup anymore other than that the higher amp limit is a plus for the unit, and I trust VB their customer service is great.

19. ChrispyCritter

Yeah I thought about that but the shallow V1 catch cup really is only good if you hold your device vertical anyways..I've learned that from experience lol..I think it might be easier to wipe off any liquid without one..also small amounts of e-liquid would probably "pool" around the connector where the cap attaches.

In a few weeks they said they will probably get the chrome ones and maybe those will have that deep eGo style connector with the deep catch cup too. I'm tempted to buy one but I think I'll still wait a couple weeks or so before buying 1 or 2 more "LT's"..I'm not 100% I'll buy the new version (might buy another V1 and the new version too) as the V1's amp limit is still fine with me and if they sell at a steep discount (as I'm sure they will) I might buy a "Lambo" or V1 tube/kit...

20. Chris Braddock

Chris Braddock Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    United States
    so thier going from the lavatube 1.5 to the lava tube 3.0????
    i just got the lava 1.5 the one with higher amps and reads the ohms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.