The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Storage for DIY supplies. Ideas Wanted...

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ShaneR42, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
  2. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Those are the ones I have two of. Would love to not get a third. They are full and debating on whether to whittle or order another. Leaning towards whittling.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I guess I am just weird, I like getting more flavors to play around with, then organizing them in a useful manor. :)

KAS

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Actually I think I'm the odd one here. Looking forward to narrowing down go to flavors.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I built that rack myself - I'm pretty handy with a table saw (for a chick!). I do believe I took my inspiration from your pic's :)
    I built it to fit the space I had and when it was finished I discovered it held almost everything I had. Since then I've acquired at least 50 new flavors so now I need more shelves. It's time for a newer, larger desk.

My flavors are organized alphabetically - I find I like that arrangement the best. :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have 2 of those, a 100 count tube rack, a 4 tier desk.. and stil not enough room :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    That is awesome, I could not tell from the picture. My first one I made with out a table saw, it was a real pain. It was really fun making those. Mine are alphabetical also, just also by brand. :)

KAS

• Like Like x 3
  9. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I have never ordered those before, but I know others have. :)
    I just used it as inspiration to make my own.

KAS

• Like Like x 3
  10. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    Well, it is such a big subject...but hardware is in Tupperware-type containers. Small containers for small sets and larger for larger sets. Spare batteries, O-rings, drip tips, wire, etc. all individual containers. Bottles separated by sizes in three shoe boxes. Flavors are just on the shelf in the closet. I do have one shallow container with my tools. I keep that out with a roll of wire and rayon. The final stuff fits in a side pocket of my ruck with a juice bottle, just in case....my wife rides her own bike, I have priorities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, it's hard to tell it's home made with all those bottles crammed on it. It's not as pretty as yours but it does the job. I made it quickly on a weekend then slapped a couple of coats of white semi-gloss paint on it so it I could just wipe it clean in case of seepage/spillage. Next set of shelves will have better planning put into them ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Lots of good ideas here. I started out with simple methods that grew as my DIY adventures did until it grew to monster proportions.

I finally got tired of the clutter and bought a dedicated 18.2 cu. ft. refrigerator to keep my DIY juice, DIY NEF's, concentrates and other DIY supplies in. Also bought a bunch of various color and size plastic containers to help keep everything organized and grouped together, mostly in Boston glass bottles 60ml-120ml-250ml and in 1 liter bottles with Avery printer generated labels. Makes it pretty easy to find what I want at the moment, and has the side benefit of being able to control the temperature to keep the supplies viable for a very long time. I won't outgrow this system in the time I have left.

diystorage6.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.