Storage for DIY supplies. Ideas Wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Those are the ones I have two of. Would love to not get a third. They are full and debating on whether to whittle or order another. Leaning towards whittling.

I guess I am just weird, I like getting more flavors to play around with, then organizing them in a useful manor. :)

KAS

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I guess I am just weird, I like getting more flavors to play around with, then organizing them in a useful manor. :)

KAS
Actually I think I'm the odd one here. Looking forward to narrowing down go to flavors.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I like using a stepped rack like yours, more than any other method that I have seen. I have mine organized by flavor brand on each rack, except the corner one, it has several different misc brands. :)

KAS

I built that rack myself - I'm pretty handy with a table saw (for a chick!). I do believe I took my inspiration from your pic's :)
I built it to fit the space I had and when it was finished I discovered it held almost everything I had. Since then I've acquired at least 50 new flavors so now I need more shelves. It's time for a newer, larger desk.

My flavors are organized alphabetically - I find I like that arrangement the best. :thumb:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
disorganized, hair-pulling, screaming mess actually works for me.

all kidding aside though, I bought one of these at Walmart for DIY supplies.

View attachment 727435

I have 2 of those, a 100 count tube rack, a 4 tier desk.. and stil not enough room :(

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I built that rack myself - I'm pretty handy with a table saw (for a chick!). I do believe I took my inspiration from your pic's :)
I built it to fit the space I had and when it was finished I discovered it held almost everything I had. Since then I've acquired at least 50 new flavors so now I need more shelves. It's time for a newer, larger desk.

My flavors are organized alphabetically - I find I like that arrangement the best. :thumb:

That is awesome, I could not tell from the picture. My first one I made with out a table saw, it was a real pain. It was really fun making those. Mine are alphabetical also, just also by brand. :)

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Ahh. I think I found what I'm after with these. 2 or 3 along with a vertical storage cabinet will clean things right up, I think. :)

I have never ordered those before, but I know others have. :)
I just used it as inspiration to make my own.

KAS

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Well, it is such a big subject...but hardware is in Tupperware-type containers. Small containers for small sets and larger for larger sets. Spare batteries, O-rings, drip tips, wire, etc. all individual containers. Bottles separated by sizes in three shoe boxes. Flavors are just on the shelf in the closet. I do have one shallow container with my tools. I keep that out with a roll of wire and rayon. The final stuff fits in a side pocket of my ruck with a juice bottle, just in case....my wife rides her own bike, I have priorities.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
That is awesome, I could not tell from the picture. My first one I made with out a table saw, it was a real pain. It was really fun making those. Mine are alphabetical also, just also by brand. :)

KAS

Yeah, it's hard to tell it's home made with all those bottles crammed on it. It's not as pretty as yours but it does the job. I made it quickly on a weekend then slapped a couple of coats of white semi-gloss paint on it so it I could just wipe it clean in case of seepage/spillage. Next set of shelves will have better planning put into them ;)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Lots of good ideas here. I started out with simple methods that grew as my DIY adventures did until it grew to monster proportions.

I finally got tired of the clutter and bought a dedicated 18.2 cu. ft. refrigerator to keep my DIY juice, DIY NEF's, concentrates and other DIY supplies in. Also bought a bunch of various color and size plastic containers to help keep everything organized and grouped together, mostly in Boston glass bottles 60ml-120ml-250ml and in 1 liter bottles with Avery printer generated labels. Makes it pretty easy to find what I want at the moment, and has the side benefit of being able to control the temperature to keep the supplies viable for a very long time. I won't outgrow this system in the time I have left.

diystorage6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread