Store reopening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I have to solve 2 problems before I can get back to retail - lack of space, and too few hands.
I'm hoping to sign a lease on new premises on October 1st - that will solve the space problem. Then I can employ some more pairs of hands, and start catching up with the backlog. Hopefully I'll be able to fire up the site and get back to retail soon thereafter (that's the theory anyway :))

In the meantime, the white chocolate flavouring concentrate is available from TW (unless the insatiable hordes have already cleaned TW out - there'll be more to follow in a week or 2.)

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Nick.. took your advice and bought the Platinum Ice, PG and an assortment of flavours from TW.

Wow, is all I can say... that is amazing and it was easy to mix.

No under taste which you so often find with juices.

I love the apple concentrate !!!

However, like Jackie P above, Im missing your own juices, so looking forward to you getting those new premises and be up and running again, very soon ..

Im most certainly a Decadent Vaper these days...

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
I am eagerly awaiting the reopening, checking daily.

The Diablo Loco sounds to be absolutely amazing, and there is no other shop which carries anything like it that I can find. A few have something akin to Big Red gum spicyness..... bleh.

Any change I can order just the flavor mix for adding to weak flavored liquids to give them life? I think I would want to get about 60ml to start. :evil:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I am eagerly awaiting the reopening, checking daily.

The Diablo Loco sounds to be absolutely amazing, and there is no other shop which carries anything like it that I can find. A few have something akin to Big Red gum spicyness..... bleh.

Be warned, the Diablo Loco is basically unvapable past a couple of hits an hour. The slightest inhale and you cough uncontrollably, your throat disintegrates, and your ear canals catch fire.

Not that I don't love it. :) I always carry a cart of it in my PCC for when I need to wake up in a hurry. But DO NOT use it while driving.

It tastes of Buffalo wings!

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Any change I can order just the flavor mix for adding to weak flavored liquids to give them life? I think I would want to get about 60ml to start. :evil:

Forgot to mention—you don't need Diabolo Loco in flavour concentrate for pepping up other liquids, believe me. I mixed up a test liquid that was 33 drops of combined JC Original and ECOpure Gold plus ONE drop of regular Diabolo and it still hit pretty damn hard.

People are not understanding just how hot the Diabolo Loco is. I am by no means a spice wimp; I literally drink Tabasco sauce straight, and vaping Diabolo is a whole different ball game. You are, after all, vaporizing extract from the hottest pepper in the world and sucking it into your LUNGS. It's basically the act of a madman. :D

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
I'm hoping I feel the same way about it. I've tried lorans and bickford and everything is just so weak and faint even when added at high levels (still learning though, perhaps i misunderstood ratios, as example I tried up to 40% pg, 10% vg, 50% bickford eggnog. could just barely notice the flavor. maybe i just have weak flavors)

I have received the Absinthe and if thats anything to judge the rest of the DV by, I will not be disappointed. I feel like Cartman pacing in front of the game store :lol:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I'm hoping I feel the same way about it. I've tried lorans and bickford and everything is just so weak and faint even when added at high levels (still learning though, perhaps i misunderstood ratios, as example I tried up to 40% pg, 10% vg, 50% bickford eggnog. could just barely notice the flavor. maybe i just have weak flavors)

I have received the Absinthe and if thats anything to judge the rest of the DV by, I will not be disappointed. I feel like Cartman pacing in front of the game store :lol:

What e-cig are you using? I've definitely noticed that certain models are really bad for flavour. The 510 in particular—I think it must just run too hot, because liquids that taste excellent in a lower-mAh device often taste either blanched-out or scorched in my 510, which is one of many reasons why I don't really like it and use it but rarely.

As for DV, I've had the Absinthe, the Parma Violet, the Habana Reserve, and the Diabolo Loco... and the Absinthe is, if anything, the lightest of those flavours, or maybe tied with Parma Violet. The Habana is very strong (I tried cutting it 1/3 Habana, 1/3 ECOpure Rich, and 1/3 JC Original and it's not bad!) and, as I mentioned, the Diabolo will kick a hole through your head. :)

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
I have a stock 510 which I primarily use, and an 801 with the vp2 battery. Havent used the vp2 much since getting the 501 mainly due to ease of carry. I like the smaller one. Is there a specific model which is the preferred for retaining flavor yet still producing enough vapor to keep my addiction thinking I am smoking? (I've noticed when the vapor is thin I am not as satisfied with it, but am determined to make it work)

I will be sure to try the absinthe out on the 801 tonight for comparison of flavor, but i think it is running at 3.7 so may be the same voltage.

I have taken your caution by the way. If I get to order the loco i will not fill a cart and inhale a massive cloud of it :D I will be sure to start small so as to not blow a hole out the back of my throat.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I have a stock 510 which I primarily use, and an 801 with the vp2 battery. Havent used the vp2 much since getting the 501 mainly due to ease of carry. I like the smaller one. Is there a specific model which is the preferred for retaining flavor yet still producing enough vapor to keep my addiction thinking I am smoking? (I've noticed when the vapor is thin I am not as satisfied with it, but am determined to make it work)

I've heard that the 901 is good for flavour, though I haven't tried one myself. I've also heard that the 601 pipe is great, but obviously there's a size trade-off.

I've been using both the 306a and the L88b (blu/Volcano/etc.), which are both very good with flavour, and the vapor production is surprisingly strong—honestly, not much worse than a 510—for such small devices if you treat them right. (Most people don't.) I've just ordered the new Revolver Elite, which is even smaller and has only a 100 mAh battery, but early reports are that vapor production is good and flavour is outstanding.

I will be sure to try the absinthe out on the 801 tonight for comparison of flavor, but i think it is running at 3.7 so may be the same voltage.

I suspect that the issue is more to do with power than voltage, but I've never been good with electricity. The smaller batteries on the super-minis can put out a decent amount of vapor with a good liquid and cartridge filler, but will never approach the throat hit of something with a bigger battery like a 510. You may indeed find that the flavour's better on the 801, because the 510 really does seem to do something wrong to flavour—running too hot, maybe even all the way up the atomizer wick? I don't know. I do know I'm not the only one who's noticed this, and in fact just yesterday I was speaking to one of the partners at probably one of the biggest U.S. resellers of 510s, and he said he doesn't use them because of the flavour problem.

I have taken your caution by the way. If I get to order the loco i will not fill a cart and inhale a massive cloud of it :D I will be sure to start small so as to not blow a hole out the back of my throat.

Mouth draws only, with no inhalation at all to start! Then, after a few puffs, try a mouth draw followed by the teeniest inhale. Then when you stop coughing, proceed as you see fit. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I also can't wait for you to reopen!! I got some tiramisu in the swap section and it is great. TW only has 36mg and I use 18mg so can't get it without cutting it and losing that wonderful taste! Please open soon!!! :)

Same here. 24mg is my top nic level. I went to flavorart and got black currant and anise (it's water soluble there) and mixed with some ecopure and cut the 36mg black currant and absinthe from TW. It isn't the same but it's vapable.

I have no idea what to cut the Habana Reserve with though. Any hints by users would be appreciated. The standard 'cigar' flavors won't do, it isn't anything like them. There is one possibility that I just got and was just added by flavorart - a Cuban cigar flavor. Just haven't gotten around to mixing it yet.

If I lived in the UK I'd work for "Nick" just for the juice. (no smiley)

I have 11mg VG tiramisu that I'd trade for VG H.Reserve. And I like the tiramisu too. Foebea, did you get the real parma violets? Rather tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread