Storing Full Carto's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaileSmyth

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
So, if I fill 4-5 cartos with 4-5 different flavors, is it better to cap both ends, or can I leave the caps off?

I switch flavors often, so it's rare for any carto to go even a day without being used once or twice. I just find it a pain to constantly try to pull the tight caps off every time I want to switch flavors.

I'm trying to make a case, and I need to know so that I can properly size the elastic to hold the cartos. With caps will need a slightly bigger loop to put them thru.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
It's probably not that necessary to put the caps on and keep them in a case, but I always use the caps for two main reasons. One, I know which cartos have been used by whether the caps have been removed or not and two, it reduces the smell that a bunch of open carts can give off. Vpndrgn's idea of cutting the carto covers down is a good one and makes them much easier to remove/replace.

MaileSmyth

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
Thanks all. I think I'll try the cut cap idea on my next refills. Using cut caps will keep the center area free, so all elastic can be sewn the same if I finish the case - that way batteries, cartos, etc will all fit in all slots (it's a 510, so everything is roughly identical in diameter).

Plus it will prevent the annoyance of trying to rip two full size caps off when they don't want to budge. When I want to vape my coffee, I want it NOW, and not 30-45 seconds later once the rubber caps are finally off.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you search Ebay for plastic 4-AA case you will fine some cheap little clear plastic cases that should fit standard size cartos. They don't seal well though (usually the edges of top and bottom just meet together). Sort by lowest price then pick the Buy it Now tab to find good prices.

Re leaving the covers off - sometimes they leak a bit especially if you overfill or have them vertical or are in a hot area (which loosens the juice). And if left uncovered a long time they can get a bit stale and drier.

scurry64

Aug 3, 2011
Western PA
Does the juice evaporate and/or lose flavor when stored in a carto? Does'nt seem like an ideal storage spot.

I don't think there would be any evaporation because most suppliers ship filled cartos. I haven't opened a "new" carto and found any deterioration in quality or quantity. I am very new to this though and I don't have the wealth of experience that most forum members have.

MaileSmyth

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Bay, Florida
I don't think there would be any evaporation because most suppliers ship filled cartos. I haven't opened a "new" carto and found any deterioration in quality or quantity. I am very new to this though and I don't have the wealth of experience that most forum members have.

From what I call, prefilled are shipped both capped, and in sealed plastic. I doubt there would be much evap. I'm filling my own, so there may be.

I think I'll test the evaporation rate of juice today, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread