The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stormys Vapor Cellar, STORM TANKS review

Discussion in 'Tank Reviews' started by Atari, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Atari

Atari Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Charleston, WV
    For those of you who aren't familiar with Stormy, aka, Cloudburst from ECF, she makes some of the simplest, most user friendly, inexpensive tanks around. She started selling on the forum, and now shes expanded into her own site. Her storm tanks, mini storm tanks, and clear tube mods are really easy to assemble. They are made from affordable and very particle parts, carefully constructed, and accompanied by excellent customer service. Stormy's response time is second to none, and she has a wealth of followers on the forum that will even help you figure out any issues you may have.

Let me preface this with the fact that I have ran nothing through this but dark thick VG and it hits like a champ. Unlike most tanks that reuse the stock rubber CE2 rubber cap, the mouth tip lets the user adjust the flow manually. The old caps were notorious for keeping the wick dry and cutting off the juice flow, leaving you with burnt wick, I usually cut mine. But with the tip its fully adjustable to how you want it. You can push it up or down to adjust the flow of each fill and each juice.

The tank it sturdy, I thought I had to have broken it a few time, I dropped it, stepped on it, threw in in my desk drawer, and it never leaked out. I had the cap a little too loose and had to blow out the excess as Stormy warned me but other that that little drip no leaking. Its a TANK, it held up really well, and didnt shatter or splinter like clearomiser. read the full article with photos and rebuilding tutorial

2. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    I agree. When my MAP Tank croacked, and I couldn't get the E2 out of the base cap, I was forced to find something that worked better for me. No parts, or even satisfactory answers to my work tickets where I got the Tank. So, Story to the rescue, emergency Storm Tank arrived within two days of my ordering. Second order for two more tanks and a Storm Clear Tube Mod within a week of that. Easy to maintain, a much better solution for me. And a price that makes sense. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

3. johnnybass

johnnybass Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2010
    nevada USA
    any links to her site???

4. Modrod.

Modrod. Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    AZ, USA
  5. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    How about now? After a longer time using it.. follow-up thoughts? I might add this to my MAP an GP-SSR wants too. Hrmm. -Magnus

6. Secti0n31

Secti0n31 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    She has her own site now, Stormysvaporcellar.com

I love my storm tank. The tube was a little unevenly cut. I had to put it on a sanding block and even it out, but what do you expect when they're all handmade? I don't hold that against her at all. It hits like a champ, it wicks very well and it doesn't gurgle once you find the "sweet spot" of where to place the mouthpiece.

I also love the fact that she installs LED's. They don't do much with my main vape, which is wyatt earp, and WAY too dark for an LED to get through, but on lighter juices it is very cool to have, and the colors aren't distorted by the tint of the juice (unless your juice is very dark)

It's a great product and worth the money. She's also very helpful if you have issues. You can also replace the tube pretty easily on your own if you have the standard 5ml syringe.

One thing that I'd like to know. I've heard that you can use a 306 drip tip in place of the ce2 tip. Has anyone tried that (can answer that question with a PM if you want)?

7. MagnusEunson

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    Stormy was great and shipped three tanks that I wanted. Thanks for the review that put this on my radar. Thanks! -Magnus

8. DrmChld

DrmChld Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 8, 2011
    OR USA
    I have to agree. I purchased 2 stormy tanks and I just love them. I cannot rave about them more. If I wasn't married I'd marry a stormy tank. I've always used regular tank and these are just excellent.

And the customer service is wonderful. I had a problem with one of my tanks and Cloudburst sent me out a replacement. Her emails are professional. I have dealt with many companies and they can just be down right rude when it deals with fixing problems. Most customer service nowadays most people don't even read what you wrote and give you advice for something you already said you did in the email.

I have thought about making my own tanks before trying these out and I will tell you I will give my business to SVC instead of tinkering on my own. I just wish I could afford to buy 5 for each of my flavors.

The first day it arrived I drained my battery and the tank vaping it nonstop. I couldn't get enough!

9. strprswpr

strprswpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    I've been vamping on my new tank for a couple of hours.....all I can say is awesome. I find that the 2.4 to 2.6 runs a little hot on my GLV super mini.....I switched it to the 2.6 to 2.8 and I think I've found the right combination.....Perfect.
    One question....how often should you clean these things?

10. strprswpr

Apr 29, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    I seem to be getting a little burning taste from the Tank....any suggestions as to how to correct this?

11. MagnusEunson

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    Wouldn't the burning taste come from the CE2? I have had to replace CE2s in other tank systems eventually because of a charred taste. -Magnus

12. strprswpr

Apr 29, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    I didn't really use that much......Maybe a day or two.....Burning out that quick?

13. MagnusEunson

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    No, I haven't had any burn that quick. Hrmm. -Magnus

14. Turbo

Turbo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2009
    NC/USA
    The wicks could also be getting pinched by the filler ring.

15. ericscott

ericscott Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Grove city ohio
    I just got the Duel coil tank from stromys web site 2 days ago and im loveing this thing if your not a fan of the cr2 tanks like me then you will like this ive been useing it on my 3.7v ego and it works great i put about 3ml in it you could put more but i think it works great for me that way thats just me thanks again stormy ...

16. John Edwards

John Edwards Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    Tunnell Hill, GA
    anybody have any thoughts/comments about the colored LED option, when orderinig from the site? i just got the red one...oh and also i wanna point out that apparently a lot of people get confused or thrown off when ordering the replacement precut ce2, and then have to ship them back so they can exchange it out. i also did that but luckily she emailed me to ask me if i meant to order mine as to work with the storm tank. so when ordering, remember the storm tank uses XL ce2's

17. John Edwards

John Edwards Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    Tunnell Hill, GA
    by the way, Turbo, i first found out about SVC by googling "precut ce2", (lookin for somebody else that sold them since COV was out of stock)and took me to the page were you said i think the only other place that sells them is SVC and so then i went to their site and made my first order last night on a sunday, and that things alrready shipped and its 8:20 the next morning :) im a really big fan of ce2 tanks but since there was only ONE place that sells the bare precut ce2's, finding out about this place was great and i couldnt have found it at a better time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.