Straight tobacco flavor strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
I am going to put in an order from Aroma to try out their WTA juices. I have not been able to kick analogs for good, and am hoping some WTA may be just what the doctor ordered.

The different varieties on Aroma's site are mostly straight-forward, but I'm still not clear on how their tobacco flavors compare to each other. I want to find a straight, bold tobacco flavor to try and quash any analog cravings that may arise. I drink coffee black, smoke full flavored or non-filtered analogs, and am not a man of subtle tastes per se.

I am hoping you all may be able to provide a bit more insight into these juices and how they compare, and any advice or recommendations you may have.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lctrc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
VA
Interesting, I find Virginia to be very subtle.

Turkish has a very nice, smoky quality. Beatle juice is straightforward - I've described it as tasting exactly how an unlit Marlboro smells. GI Joe is complex but in no way subtle.

My advice is to order bottle each of those 4 - it would still cost you less than one carton of analogs, and you'll be able to decide which you like best.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
So I just pulled the trigger on an order from Aroma - GI Joe, , Beatle Juice, and Dark Honey Tobacco (for a change of pace). I also put in an order to try out the WTA juice from "those other guys" and see if there's any notable differences for me.

Thanks again for your advice and the quick replies. I'll let you all know how things look once I receive them.

Woody

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Beatle Juice might be a bit too subtle (though it's my preferred vape). I would have recommended DK Tab instead for an in your face tobacco taste.
I've heard that the other guy's WTA e-juice has a chemical aftertaste, but I've never personally tried it. I tend to stick to what tastes best to me, and Aroma nails the tobacco vapes better than anyone else I've ever tried. In fact, I quit looking for other tobacco vapes after I tried Aroma's WTA e-juice.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
"DK Tab" stands for "Dekang Tobacco Blend" It's one of the original tobacco flavors for e-cigs, most vendors carry some version of the flavor. 555 and RY-4 (Ruyan #4) are the other two "original" tobacco flavors.

I don't care for them in clearomizers or in the Protank, but these flavors were designed to be used in cartomizers (which tend to mute flavor).

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I sure would like to see more selection of tobacco flavors in the Red Tail line. I don't do well with PG at all.
The DHT is great, I'll give the Tobacco Road a shot here soon, but it would be nice to have more than the 2 to choose from.

ETA: While I'm at it, more tobacco choices in the Red Tail line that are WTA infused!

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
I received the WTA liquids from both Aroma and "those other guys". So far I tried out the GI Joe on my Protank 2, and it was pretty good. At this point I don't know if I can feel any difference between these and the non-WTA juices. I got more heads for my PT3, so I will be trying something else in that - probably the Dark Honey Tobacco.

Hopefully the PT3 will bring out some more nuances than that PT2 did. I may also pick up a new dripping atty as my Cisco, which has been sitting around here for a long time, appears to have disappeared into the ether.

Woody

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
I completely agree.

I used to do nothing but drip, but that got tiresome after a while. I wanted to be able to wake up and just grab my e-cig in the morning without having to think or do anything requiring any manual dexterity (not a morning person in the least). I was also looking for something I can pick up and put down at work without having to fiddle with anything detracting my focus. I also dealt with some leaking rather frequently when there would be just enough juice left in the atty, and I'd go to toss it in my bag or pocket.

I've got a PT2, PT3, an iClear 30, and a Cisco atty that I would use from time to time. IMHO, the PT3 is a huge step up from the PT2 in terms of flavor and saturation, but certainly not as much as dripping.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
Thanks for the suggestion, hittman!

I don't know how the Aspire has flown under my radar until now. I bought my PT3 a month ago and just purchased another ~$18 in heads for it. Had I known of the Aspire BDC, that would have made my decision on the PT3 a bit more difficult.

I've just searched around and read a lot of good reviews of the BDC online. There are also some negative reviews and some comparisons between the BDC and the PT3 which have supporters on both sides. It seems like it may have to be one of those things I'll have to pull the trigger on to truly know how it compares (for me) between the PT3 and the iClear30.

I was all smug with these new PT3 heads, thinking I wouldn't have to buy any more vape gear for some time. Thanks a lot, hittman. Now I'm most likely going to go lighten my wallet for the BDC :p

At least it's a very reasonable price point.

C'est la vie. :vapor: :vapor:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't tried the PT3 so can't comment on that. Before the aspires I was using strictly crystal vision clearos. I think the flavor on the ET and ETS are t a tiny bit muted but the flavor is fantastic on the mini nova style aspire. The heads are lasting me longer than the crystals did.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    At this point I don't know if I can feel any difference between these and the non-WTA juices.
    You really shouldn't be able to tell a difference. I find that tobacco flavors are "enhanced" by WTA, but the only difference you should feel is less of an urge to reach for the smokes. People who are new to WTA and have actually stopped smoking before getting WTA juice will probably feel some effect or notice a different taste to the juice (I certainly did). Though that will go away over time.

swoody

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2011
    Chicago, USA
    Ahh... skip all that clearo nonsense. I just pulled the trigger on an HH.357 (I figure it's been too long since I've been enjoying a good drip ;) ).

I've tried a full tank of the GI Joe so far, and am enjoying that a good bit. It's a satisfying vape which - between the WTA and the tobacco flavor - should quench any analog cravings.

I've also tried out a couple tanks of the Dark Honey Tobacco, and.... wow... this stuff is addictive! I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but this is a much more enjoyable vape than some of the really sweet juices out there (one of my other all time favorites being BWB's Malty Toffee).

I think I'm going to place another order when I've finished the GI Joe and the Beatle Juice. Going to try a couple more tobacco flavors along with a larger bottle of the Dark Honey Tobacco.

Woody

Edit: Oh, and I don't know if it speaks to the WTA, but my last 1.5 packs of analogs just made it to the garbage for good today. Not sure if I can wholly attribute that to the WTA from Aroma, but I'm certain it didn't hurt ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread