Strange 901 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok when my 901 arrived saturday I fired up the spare atomizer to check it was working which it was.

My Janty banana arrived this morning so I thought I would have a drip into the spare atomizer as the one in service was full of strawberry juice. OK so 3 drops in and off we go, vapor on prime, next to nothing on draw. Tried this 1 or 2 more times atomizer heating up! A few more drops of juice? Righty ho and exactly the same. I had to rest it from time to time as it was heating up a bit more than normal. Tried to vape my way through it but it just doesn't seem to like dripping?

The atomizer works well on cart, good vapor, nice hit but for some reason it doesn't like to be dripped? I dripped the Janty into atomizer I run with daily without any issues.

Is this normal to have an atomizer that refuses to atomize when dripped?

Strawberry and banana together is better than it sounds ;)

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ah Kate. Your always there when needed. ;)

Would the att heat up, a little warmer than normal vaping temp if it was flooded? I have just blown it out gently from the batttery connection end with no juice released. I'm vaping now with a cart I squished the juice from and reasembled with 5/6 drops of banana. Vaping great from cart. Taste not quite there as yet.

It appears as though the juice is getting vaped really quickly when dripped. This is one weird atomizer.

48 hours into the original atomizer and the thing is vaping really nice now. Maybe this spare just needs a bit more vaping and priming.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I think you might be right that it just needs breaking in, they're fussy little things like that.

It can take a while for flavours to work their way from cartridge to heating element so give it a bit of time.

I don't really have any ideas about the heating business except that it might be a more efficient atomiser than you are used to. Once you get used to it you'll probably like that about it.

turbojunk

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Wales, UK
Ok site was down, maybe the server move.

I have found this one atomizer simply refuses to drip smoke with any consistency so far. It vapes great from cart so I'm still kinda puzzled.

Simple answer would be to vape from a cart with this particular atomiser, seeing as it works.

Could be something to do with the juice too. Try a drop or two of your other juice in it, see if it vapes any differently.

Kev

Last edited:

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok, I'm having similar issues with a platinum atomizer and I think Kate hit the nail on the head 1st time around with flooding although it still vapes from cart.

Maybe it would be better for me to prime new atomizers with cart b4 dripping them.

Also I find the Janty doesn't give so much vaper as e-cig.co.uk juice or maybe that is me too.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Dripping is kind of advanced technique, I usually suggest that people get used to their device and it's foibles before dripping. It's easy to flood or dry out your atomiser. Flooding reduces performance and can leak into batteries and wreck them. Drying is not good for the coil and wick apparently and can reduce atomiser life.

I think you were asking on another thread about storage of atomisers when they are wet (it might not have been you, if so ignore this ;)). Once new atomisers have been tested, if you want to store them I don't think you need to dry them out or anything. In fact that might be a bad thing to do, they come from the factory with a primer so they must need to be kept wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread