strawberry DIY smells like rubbing alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- I went to Tractor supply and bought PG (USP) I used to keep this stuff when I raised goats. Its for Keotosis.. LOL DUH moment.

I got some glycerin at walmart (USP) and I had some of this stuff in my kitchen, I make custom cakes- LOL

I got some TPA strawberry

and have some nic juice that is 50/ml 50/50 pg/vg

I plugged it all into the calculator to make 20ml at 80/20 with 12mg

So I put in 4.8ml nic juice
12.6 pg
.6 vg
and 2. strawberry

I got it all in there and mixed it up and now when you take the cap off it smells like rubbing alcohol. no strawberry scent, just alcohol.

what did I screw up?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thank you :)

I will do that- I smelled my nic, and my flavor- and my PG- the PG smells the most like it. and its a high concentrate of PG- (I prefer taste- dont care about vapor)

wonder if I have to cut down on PG in my Diy?

How old is your PG? It could be expired. There should be an expiration date on the bottle.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
okay- the tractor supply tag is the only one with a date- and its 10/09 not quite 2 years, but who knows howlong it was on the shelf before they put that tag on it. I wll exchange it today-

Thanks y'all.

That is why I like buying mine from a pharmacy, the bottle does have an expiration date on the label. PG is good for 2 years from date of mfr..

well, I took it to a differnt town- they had no problem exchanging it, and asked me just how I knew it was bad- So, I started out by saying "have you ever heard of an ecig?" well come to find out, he has a crappy mall one- and is on his way here to ECF to learn more and is going to get him a Riva!! :)

yeah!! so, there was a reason I got crappy PG!! :) I had a mission! ;-)

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
That is why I like buying mine from a pharmacy, the bottle does have an expiration date on the label. PG is good for 2 years from date of mfr..

Just got mine and it says exp 2015, but yeah it's clearly labeled and I'll probably be through the 500 ml before then and need to drop another whole 10 bucks on it lol. Local pharmacies ftw for sure ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread