Strawberry/Kiwi DIY Review Vapin 4 Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I will be doing a few reviews here. My first review is on the Strawberry Kiwi DIY. I have been asked to test a few things of my choice. Small 3 ml samples were sent to me at no charge.

Please keep in mind in all my reviews that I am basically a menthol/mint vaper by choice. I try to like other juices, but I always go back to the menthol type juices. I am also a light weight and can't vape anything higher than 11 or 12 straight even to test. I prefer to vape about 8 all day and spike only when needed.

I have never mixed from scratch before, so this is my first try. I'm tellin ya, vapin for dummies and I still don't understand how much of what. But oh well, I took my best educated stab.

All my reviews will be with making a 6 ml mix.

I am vaping on a 901/4075 passthrough with a clean atty and fresh cart. I put about a ml of bare 36 mg juice in and then 3 mls of the Kiwi/Strawberry flavoring and then a little over 2 mls of PG.

It has sorta a sour flavor and even with 3 mls of flavoring, I feel the flavor is weak. I can taste the mix of a strawberry and kiwi, but it's not very strong in flavor. Thoat hit is barely there. I really like good flavor with juices. I can usually still get a nice throat hit from taking a 24 menthol liquid or mint liquid and cut it to 8. I'm not getting very much of a throat hit on this and flavor is weak. If I had more flavoring, it might taste better, but I'm not sure I like the "sour" taste to it. Vape is moderate, but could probably add a little drip of VG to get it going better in the mix.

So for closing, I'm probably not too fond of this, but it might taste better if I had more flavor to work with.

I give it a 6+

VAPIN' FOR DUMMIES!

mindtwist69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
I tried your levels out and agree with your assessment, this was stronger in the factory, and seems almost as if it's too... I don't' know "airy" might be the word I use. I don't get sour, I get more bland strawberrish, don't taste the kiwi at all. :( we all have different taste buds, maybe my sour is dead from all the sour candy as a kid.

anyway, I wouldn't even give it a 6 in this state. Maybe a mix expert like rita will be able to turn it into something vapable.

*note to all* Please feel free to give honest opinions like the above, without them I can't either fix or just stop carrying those liquids.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I tried your levels out and agree with your assessment, this was stronger in the factory, and seems almost as if it's too... I don't' know "airy" might be the word I use. I don't get sour, I get more bland strawberrish, don't taste the kiwi at all. :( we all have different taste buds, maybe my sour is dead from all the sour candy as a kid.

anyway, I wouldn't even give it a 6 in this state. Maybe a mix expert like rita will be able to turn it into something vapable.

*note to all* Please feel free to give honest opinions like the above, without them I can't either fix or just stop carrying those liquids.

Kudos to you for a honest assessment, even if it is your own stuff.

I like that in a seller.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Definitely, Rob is great and I know I also told him I would give my honest opinion. Ya, the flav is weak and strange. Like I said, though, I'm real biased to menthols and mints, but I definitely liked The 23 better than this. I didn't have any more flavoring to add, so I don't know if it would have been better, but the flavor was quite mild. I did the same mix with the Cool Rush and I had lots more flavor.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Rob, I know people like to have flavor and taste it in their liquids, so that might be something you want to look at where it's a little stronger with flavors. For example.....I ordered a spearmint from Vapor4life and I ordered a spearmint from True Vapor. Both in 24 mgs. I mixed both the same way. 4 mls of PG and 2 mls of 24. The True Vapor juice had soooooooooo much more flavor it was all over the Vapor4life. So my point is, in general, I think ALL the flavors in the basic mixes should be more powerful, especially for those that like to cut to stretch juices, but then have available the extra flavoring for people to put back in after they cut. Just make the flavoring STRONGER with all the stuff IMO.

By the way, I'm still vapin here on this Cool Rush mix I made. I'm really liking this one a lot. Like I said, It was very good just doing the basic mix, but I still added even more flavoring and it made it even better. FLAVOR! YUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread