Strawberry Shortcake tastes more like vanilla custard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevowns

Sep 16, 2011
US
So I wasn't too fond of the vanilla custard flavor as it tasted more like a peppery banana taste ... I just ordered a 30ml bottle of the strawberry shortcake after hearing so many good reviews but for some odd reason, when i vaped it, it tasted exactly like the vanilla custard with the peppery bananaish taste. I vape at 14mg of nicotine so it's definitely not the nic level, did I get the wrong flavor? I've had the sweet-vapes strawberry shortcake that actually tasted like strawberry.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
Hmmm, there is nothing remotely close to pepper or banana in the Vanilla Custard, and of course the Strawberry Shortcake contains nothing like that either. This is a very unusual perception of these flavors. There could be a few factors here. If you have recently switched from cigarettes, this could be as simple as a taste buds thing. Otherwise, I suspect that maybe you are comparing juices of different vendors which very often seem to have different flavor characteristics. Our juices contain more VG than PG, so if you aren't used to VG, you might be misinterpreting the flavor VG adds as something else. Also, if you have just recently received your Ms T's order, a little steeping time might help you. Both of the flavors you mentioned do change quite a bit with a week or more of age. Since I don't know what your hardware set up is, I can really begin to comment on that, but a dirty atomizer or carto could also contribute.

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Stevowns

Sep 16, 2011
US
Thanks Brandon for the speedy reply,

I've been vaping your juice (mainly the new watermelon and snickerdoodle) with no issues, actually, they're my all time favorite juices and can't find anything else that can top it at the moment. However, the vanilla custard I ordered tasted a little weird, definitely not the same custard taste I'm used to. To be more specific, it was more of a nutty taste, I really can't describe it. I've been off analogs for at least 2 years now so it's definitely not that. I've been able to get away with vaping the flavors I mentioned above being my favorite without any steeping, maybe I'll check back in after they steep awhile? It's just weird that I don't get any sort of strawberry flavor at all, which should be present even before steeping.

As far as hardware goes, I'm using a brand new sr carto on my provari with a tank. I've tried it in a fresh atty and has given me the same taste. If all in all, I can't figure what's wrong, I don't mind just sticking to my top 2 favorites which I'm completely fine with. I haven't found another vendor that provides the same quality of juice as you guys so no worries! Maybe me and the strawberry shortcake wasn't meant to be :(

Also, what's your recommended method of steeping? All i'm doing currently is taking the dripper cap off and letting it sit in my closet.

Last edited:

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
Hi again,

I have personally noticed that the Strawberry Shortcake (and even just the plain Strawberry which I use almost every day) DOES in fact improve quite a bit with steeping. I think there are many out there who might give up on the Strawberry Shortcake too quickly - I honestly almost did myself. The strawberry part does seem to be noticeable at the start, but not like one might hope. After steeping though, it really seemed to come out and completely made the juice for me. I think other people are having the exact same experience. I would say to definitely let those flavors of yours steep a bit to see what you think. Notice the color change.

As far as the process of steeping goes, there are several philosophies. I just let mine sit on a table for about a week or so. I don't leave the cap off, I don't do bottle baths, microwave, any of that stuff. The only thing I have done to attempt accelerating the process is to occasionally open the bottle, squeeze all the air out, turn the bottle upside down, and release pressure on the bottle to allow air to flow back in. The air percolates up through the juice, and then I turn it back over and put the cap back on, and shake it. After about a week they seem optimal using this method.

You will hear several other steeping methods here, of which I cannot really give an opinion. I don't like the idea of heating the juice to steep it, although this might help to an extent. I certainly wouldn't do it if I planned on keeping the juice around for awhile. If it was a smaller bottle that I would use within a week or so, I wouldn't be so apprehensive. I go the opposite route for longer term storage and put the bottles in the refrigerator. I tend to keep fairly large quantities on hand, and since I drip 95% of the time, I end up switching flavors multiple times per day. Even a 6ml bottle of something may stay around a couple of weeks for me unless I just get REALLY stuck on it (which does tend to happen sometimes).

Brandon
Ms T's Bakery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread