• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

damunster

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Hi everyone. I am one of those terrible ppl that work for one of the grocery chains (Safeway) that is going on strike Friday. Although I don't want to and would like a chance to vote on the new contract it doesn't look like we will have that chance. Media has made it look like its only about the ins premium but there is alot more involved. I know this stirs up alot of mean and ugly comments by ppl that are against the union but I made the choice to join and now I (for now anyway) am stuck. We sure could use the support of the community on this so we can settle this asap. As I said alot of us don't want to strike.
But...in the meantime I will be vaping away and glad of the fact that I don't smoke anymore. I just got a 510. Have been using a 901 and like it so I hope I enjoy the new 510 as much. lol. I hope to make it to a meeting soon. Maybe the one on 11/14. How late do these usually last? We have a wedding to go to at 1pm so maybe after the wedding.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Honestly, I was rooting for the strike to take place over the weekend.

There are too many companies making too much money right...they have been screwing the workers for so long. And then this happens and you get those unemployed people screaming "I'll take your job! I could use the work!"

Talk about divide and conquer. The companies laid off so many people that the people are willing to tear at each other's heels. It made me sick to see the unemployed people get mad at the union workers.

At *least* the Union workers had an avenue to fight back. Here in Arizona, that is a rare thing. At my job, when the CEO is piling up the ****, we just have to wade in it...in the meantime, our company has RECORD CASH FLOW...they have over a billion and don't know how to spend it.

How about giving me the freakin' raise you owe me, jerk off? :)

miakauisan

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
What recession?

double-facepalm.jpg

I know, I know, twas a joke. But still...\^o^/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread