The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stuck on what to buy. Any Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Togglez-, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Togglez-

Togglez- Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Canada
    Hello Fellow Canadians,

I'm new to world of Electronic Cigarettes and vaping and received a listing of the canadian suppliers and after reviewing all of them it is hard to choose what is best.

I am thinking about purchasing the starter kit listed below
    - Joyetech eGo-C Twist Starter Kit w/ 1000mAh Battery -- 109$

I am looking for a kit that will give me the following;
    - Variable voltage for warm/cool vapor
    - Lots of vapor
    - great battery life
    - great tank system (i'm not into the Dripping unless I have the time for it)
    - And More of Course.

Any thoughts on this? Reading more about that starter kit I listed above seems like I can't go wrong.

Thanks!

2. gmypc

gmypc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Welcome!

Are you referring to the canvape kit? This thread seems to have favourable responses. Can't go wrong, 'bang for the buck' wise.

If you know what you want exactly, you should check the price if you assemble your own kit.

Good luck!

edit: if you want 1000 mah batteries, it is $15 more

3. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    If you're talking about the canvape kit - that was assembled specifically after input from a lot of users on what they would suggest for a new vaper. It's not everything I would suggest personally, but it's pretty close and comes with a variety of different things to try. It is also above $100, so there is free expedited shipping. As far as I know, there isn't really anything that quite compares to it. :)

4. Togglez-

Togglez- Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Canada
    I am indeed referring to the Canvape kit :).

Thanks for your comments gmypc and chagrin, the info you provided was indeed insightful and i figured as much seeing everything that is included with this starter kit does indeed include just about everything.

5. BrianCig

BrianCig Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    Canada
    WoW, wish I had found that when I was looking for a kit. At least it includes useful items unlike a couple kits I bought in the past.

@Togglez-

If the the size of the device is important maybe ask if they will let you mix one 650 and a 1000 twist. I noticed it says an extra $15 if you want 1000 twist. Maybe you could get a 650 and a 1000 for an extra $7.50. I have both of those devices and like each of them. The 650 for when I want something small and the 1000 when I need something that will last longer.

6. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    I'd be all over that kit. It includes all the most popular hardware, everything you need to get a very good start at vaping. Canvape has great customer service too.

You may want to consider a dripping atty & drip tip, they're a good idea for testing juice, rather then filling something up to find out the flavour isn't for you.

7. longtimesmok

longtimesmok Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    montreal
    def a great package if you want to spend $140-150. really most of the stuff that is in that kit is unnesc and is not needed and you will end up tossing most of the crappy parts anyhow. i would save yourself about $60 and go with a basic kit with a couple batts, atomizers, charger and go from there, there is no best and you will find that out quickly everyone is different in what they prefer and that is the only best there is.

8. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Longtimesmok I'm not sure I understand your logic, how does this kit get to $150? I went through the part list and not really seeing anything but the stardust that I would remove as it's redundant with the Kanger and Vivi. It would be nice to try it when starting out to see what's out there.

What part of the kit is "crappy parts"?

9. longtimesmok

longtimesmok Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    montreal
    109+15+tx the math, the stardust and vivi would be all that would be useful, that is my opinion tho if your is different then so be it to pay 140 on something when you not know if you even will stick to vaping is not the best but everyone different

10. froghammer

froghammer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Toronto
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I bought that kit and it's really great.

11. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    109 -5% ecf coupon + no shipping as it's over $100 + 15% tax (hst is a scam) = $120.12

Still unsure of the 20 to 30 missing dollars in your calculation.

12. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    I disagree with what is useful, but we all seem to have our favorites, so I look at that as personal preference.

When I started vaping a year ago I placed quite a few orders in the beginning, wanting to try different things and comparing them to each other. This kit makes that possible with some of the most popular parts.

The twist batteries are far more superior then batteries you'd get in a $60 kit, & I believe a new vaper will be more likely to stick with e-cigs in the beginning because of the VV. If they decide it's not for them, IMO, a twist battery would be easier to get rid of then a cheaper eGo.

I do agree there are things in the kit you don't need to start out as a new vaper, like the Lanyard & case, but they are handy to have. I have no real use for a lanyard but can't live with out my large carrying case.

Just my :2c: and I hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinion.

:toast:

I think it would be nice to see a drip tip & atty included in the kit, to address juice tasting.

13. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    ecf isn't working for a coupon code for me, but "firstorder" works for one order with canvape.

I'd have to agree to disagree with longtimesmok. Although there is definitely some stuff that you may like, may hate or find you don't need, in combination with everything it gives a good cross section at a low price.

14. dave240

dave240 Full Member

Nov 25, 2012
    edmonton
    I recieved my Ego-t a week ago, basically two units come in the kit, i also got the twist battery (its a little longer), i have tried the different voltage, and it does make a difference. I have charged the smaller 650 batteries once, cant believe the life of them.....this tank system so far is excellent, vapes very well.....i ordered mine thru ecigsupply (in arizona), i even ordered juice to, with shipping it was right around 100 bucks....not to bad......

15. iheartpoco

iheartpoco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    London, Ontario
    That kit looks great! I got the $70 one from canvape, and have ordered stardusts, bridgeless attys and drip tips, along with extra cartridges since.

I would not worry about investing too much up front: you will like vaping. Especially if you're a smoker who wants to quit, there will be no turning back. Might take a week or two to get used to it over smoking, but once you do you'll wonder why every smoker doesn't vape instead. If you don't initially like vaping, force yourself to! LOL - you will, though. My husband is a "cigar once in awhile" kind of fella, and he's reeaaallyyy taken to vaping. I bought extra gear so he could enjoy it with me, even got some no-nic juice for him (but he prefers the nic kind.)

You might want to get one or two 650 mah batteries, though. Maybe in a different colour than your kit ones. They last pretty long, and for me I prefer them when out of the house just for size reasons. I also have a 900 and 1000 twist, which I vape when home or use with a drip tip when in the bath or just watching TV or something.

16. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Hey Togglez welcome to the ECF and Vaping. You've hit the nail on the head with the kit you've identified. I'm sitting here with 4 Zens, a Provari, an Orion V2 and I'm still a huge fan of my eGo twists. They reliable, honest and a long term investment for the right price as you figure out your next step.

17. Togglez-

Togglez- Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Canada
    Thank you all for such great feedback! I decided to order the starter kit from Canvape. Their customer service was very helpful!

And I indeed don't mind spending the money upfront, I see this as an investment. If it works for me, I save a TON of money if it doesn't work too well for me then big hoopla 130$ lost much, much cheaper than continuing to buy a pack of cigarettes a day. And then just make another investment to try and find something that works for me.

That's how I see it! :)

But thank you all very much for such great feedback!

I will let you all know when my package arrives!

:toast:

Edit: Some have mentioned about a dripping atty & drip tip does anyone have any suggestions?

18. albertbert

albertbert Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Canada
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/5104hole.htm Something like this for a dripping atomizer.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/scdt.htm Something like this for a drip tip.

https://www.canvape.com/category-s/1836.htm Most of those are 510 drip tips, but you also have some stuff that won't work in a 510 atty. 306, and stardust stuff for example. Some have tiny holes are not really drip tips, those are really just mouth pieces.

Dripping is when you put a few drops into an atomizer, vape it until it dries out, and then drip more. You can pour the drops right through the drip tips. They are great for testing new flavors, because you change flavors so quickly.

19. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    This is a great kit. You need all the stuff in it to determine what your preference is. Also, SoUnique is correct, a dripping atty is a good idea. Since you are getting your feet wet maybe instead of a dripping atty maybe a RBA?

Like I said in another thread, I wish this stuff was around when I first started vaping. My first kit cost over $200 and it did not include any of the stuff in this kit.

Not sure what the one poster is on about.

20. Togglez-

Togglez- Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Canada
    So, my Kit came yesterday, and boy is there A LOT of items that come with it! It was just overwhelming!

Especially being new to the whole thing almost half of the items I have no idea what to do with them.

There were three things that came with the kit that does look like you put the e-liquid inside -- sort of like a cylinder tank.

Looks like I will need to find some resources on how to put this device together.

But I am very glad that I had received all of these Items with it it gives me some more toys to play with! :p

Togglez-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.