Study Links Analog changes To lung Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmvaping

Moved On
Apr 2, 2009
Also, just recently (at least in Oklahoma...not sure if it's nation-wide, but would assume it is) another chemical has been added to cigerattes so they will burn out if left unattended. I would bet that this new chemical will be proven dangerous as well.

:evil: Yes they have that here as well IN PA. There have been to many fire started from cigarettes. Thats why they put that in there....There are no other hidden reasons only those that cigarettes can and will start fires. Matter of fact 4 years ago when I was in the ARMY I was station in south korea, camp casey. Anyway one of the guys got totally waisted and fell asleep with the a cigarette in his mouth.8-o well it fell on his shirt caught him on fire and if we weren't there to put it out he would have weither died or been really burt. Like I said he was waisted and he didnt even wake up and he still has a scare from third degree burns. Those are the kind of reasons why they put that cemical in cigs.:evil:

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK/USA
Also, just recently (at least in Oklahoma...not sure if it's nation-wide, but would assume it is) another chemical has been added to cigerattes so they will burn out if left unattended. I would bet that this new chemical will be proven dangerous as well.
It's not another chemical, unless there is another chemical in the thicker strips of paper they put in the cigarette to make it go out. FSC (fire safe cigarette) is now stamped on the packs.

Although research has been done to see if the FSC is more toxic than the un-FSC, there was not much difference between the two.

FIRE-SAFE CIGARETTE INGREDIENTS

Of course, they could be lying about it just being paper.

Fire-Safe Cigarette Symptoms 'Silly' or Serious? - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

The CDC collects reports of all the ingredients but it's not released to the public (trade secrets). :rolleyes:

safe-cig.gif

Last edited:

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Yeah when they came out with these "California safe" cigarettes as I knew them, I was like WTF is wrong with my cigarette. To me it made the analog even less desirable to smoke. They would go out if you did not drag on them soon enough, burn funny, etc. Then I saw a news story on what was going on and I realized what was going on with my smokes...

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK/USA
Sandy...thanks much for this info! I just assumed that what the salesperson told me was correct :confused: And we all know what happens when one ...-u-me-s!!
You're welcome!

You know, you would think that a salesperson would know. If one didn't assume things, we would all be glued to google 24/7. 8-o :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread