ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man I'd say those skeptics are taxation experts. Nothing more, nothing less. There could be NO vaping teens and they'd find... something.

Skeptics, I am skeptical of your claims/intent/desires/etc. AND I WISH you would stop using children as PAWNS in your agenda.. Those kids don't actually belong to you, they belong to their parents, and QUIT agitating them (the parents and the teens) life is hard ENOUGH already. They aren't YOURS though.

Sorry had to um, get that out of my system.

Anna

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
In fact, the 2017 NYTS found that e-cigarette use by 6th-12th graders declined from 8.4% in 2016 to 8.2% in 2017 (a 2.4% decline). But of course, CDC didn't report that important information, or provide that data.

CDC releases select 2017 NYTS data (on “past 30 day” use), finds
Tobacco Product Use Among Middle and High School Students...

- Past 30 day cigarette smoking among 9th-12th graders declined from 8.0% in 2016 to 7.6% in 2017, from 2.2% to 2.1% among 6th-8th graders, with an overall decline of 5%.

- Past 30 day e-cig use among 9th-12th graders increased from 11.3% in 2016 to 11.7% in 2017, declined from 4.3% to 3.3% among 6th-8th graders, with an overall 3% decline.

- Past 30 day use of any tobacco product, any combustible tobacco product, 2 or more types of tobacco product, cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, hookah and pipe tobacco ALL declined among 9th-12th graders and 6th-8th graders from 2016 to 2017.

- No evidence of any JUUL epidemic among teens (despite repeated accusations and condemnations by Big Pharma shills, Congressional Democrats, the largest news media outlets, and by FDA’s Scott Gottlieb).

CDC’s report (above) on selective 2017 NTYS data and CDC's/FDA's press release at
Youth tobacco use drops during 2011-2017 | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

- Falsely conflate infrequent e-cigarette use with daily cigarette smoking (by classifying and referring to both as "current tobacco use" and by referring to infrequent vapers as "current tobacco users").

- Falsely classify/define the vaping of nicotine-free flavors, THC flower & oil, and CBD oil as "current tobacco use" and those who used any of those products in the past 30 days as “current tobacco users”.

- Deceptively define/classify some/most "cigar use" and “users” (who smoke cigar blunts containing marijuana) as "current tobacco use" and “current tobacco users”.

- Refuse to acknowledge that cigarette smoking (or tobacco smoking) is far more harmful than using smokefree tobacco or vapor products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread