Stuff I wish I knew before I started vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across the below linked information on the E-Cigarette forum that I wish I had known before I started vaping two weeks ago. It would have helped my choices on what to buy and how to use it. If you are also new to vaping as I am be sure to read these two posts on Inhalation Technique and also Nicotine Strength authored by rolygate-an ECF moderator.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/211345-new-users-nicotine-strength-questions.html

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
But wait..there's more! ;)

The ECF Library

Edumication...in 3 easy payments of...nothin'

tumblr_lkhnjmQ1Mq1qbive8o1_500.gif

Kuidaore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Socal
I did a mess of research before I began and I still made a complete mess of it. Took me more than a month to get the hang of it and I still make mistakes regularly. Live and learn. Makes this fun, allbeit potentially expensive, lol. Don't feel bad, you aren't alone. Good luck and have fun!

Couldn't agree more, I'm still making mistakes too! Sometimes it just takes a lot of experimentation to figure things out for yourself, even with all the resources available - or to find out what works best for you.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Am I the only person that didn't have a learning curve with the inhale? Aside from holding it in my mouth and exhaling through my nose; this is already how I smoked analogues...
My learning curve was more equipment based. Learning how to maintain and really properly make use of the components.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
I came across the below linked information on the E-Cigarette forum that I wish I had known before I started vaping two weeks ago. It would have helped my choices on what to buy and how to use it. If you are also new to vaping as I am be sure to read these two posts on Inhalation Technique and also Nicotine Strength authored by rolygate-an ECF moderator.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/211345-new-users-nicotine-strength-questions.html

^Good post. Thanks for sharing it w/ others:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This forum has grown so fast in the last year, its hard to keep things organized in a way for novices to find what they need.

The great thing about the membership here, though, is there are plenty of experienced and knowledgeable people to ask questions to who are willing to point you in the right directions. There's no question that is too simple or stupid to ask here. We all started out the same as you. Learn from our mistakes.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement. I will certainly be using the ECF Library for sure. I think that after two weeks the honeymoon phase is nearing the end. It has become more time consuming and expensive than I thought it would - with all the equipment, liquid and technique choices. Analogs were easy - I smoked the same brands for years at a time, bought my cartons at the same place for ever increasing prices and knew how to smoke (just inhale and exhale) - what became harder over the years were the price jumps and the increasing social pressure against smoking anyplace and of course the effects on my health. My plans don't include giving up one habit to get a different habit. That being said - I am off the analogs for good THANKS TO VAPING and am ready for the intermediate phase of getting comfortable with a personalized vaping routine to suit my taste preferences and finances with the end goal of ceasing vaping and not becoming a vapehead forever. Vapehead - that's a word I just coined and haven't seen anywhere on my forum travels. I think 6 months to a year is a reasonable and workable timetable to complete everything I hope for.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Being off analogs is all that matters. Congratulations.

The rest can be as easy or as complicated as you'll make it. You've learned enough to make informed decisions. Find a PV that works for you, find a few juices that you can vape all day and that's really all there's to it. You don't have to make vaping a hobby. You don't have to chase every new gizmo that appears on the market.

You're in charge! Good luck and happy vaping!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Great threads, OP! I also read like crazy, surfed YT and asked a lot of questions on here before I dove in and also made mistakes left and right! :blush:

I'm STILL struggling the inhale technique because I always want to smoke like I did w/analogs but its getting better. I think the biggest mistake I made, which I'm not sure if its really a mistake but rather not knowing, was my nic level from when I started to now.

I started at 18mg and it was perfect. I went ahead and bought my favorite juices in 18 mg, six bottles of 30ml Halo (not cheap) and now 18 mg is too much for me! I honestly thought I'd need 18 mg for awhile! This is a good problem to have needing to drop nic already, but damn! Now I have to buy more juice in like 6mg and mix my 18 to get it down!

UGH! I get what your saying.."go to gas station, buy my preferred brand of cigs, open package, smoke". Yes it was easier but, I really do enjoy vaping better even w/the hassles! :vapor:

Being off analogs is all that matters. Congratulations.

The rest can be as easy or as complicated as you'll make it. You've learned enough to make informed decisions. Find a PV that works for you, find a few juices that you can vape all day and that's really all there's to it. You don't have to make vaping a hobby. You don't have to chase every new gizmo that appears on the market.

You're in charge! Good luck and happy vaping!

I will take your advice and make it my plan. Thank You.

Great threads, OP! I also read like crazy, surfed YT and asked a lot of questions on here before I dove in and also made mistakes left and right! :blush:

I'm STILL struggling the inhale technique because I always want to smoke like I did w/analogs but its getting better. I think the biggest mistake I made, which I'm not sure if its really a mistake but rather not knowing, was my nic level from when I started to now.

I started at 18mg and it was perfect. I went ahead and bought my favorite juices in 18 mg, six bottles of 30ml Halo (not cheap) and now 18 mg is too much for me! I honestly thought I'd need 18 mg for awhile! This is a good problem to have needing to drop nic already, but damn! Now I have to buy more juice in like 6mg and mix my 18 to get it down!

UGH! I get what your saying.."go to gas station, buy my preferred brand of cigs, open package, smoke". Yes it was easier but, I really do enjoy vaping better even w/the hassles! :vapor:

Hi AngiBe: I recognize you from the Halo forum which I stumbled on. All my stuff I bought from Halo. I overbought my juices in panic mode - same as you 6 bottles of 30ml at 6mg when i was happy with the 12mg samplers I first bought. I was semi-smart enough to include an 18mg bottle of fusion but it seems to dilute the flavors to get them back to the 12mg that was working. Plus I thought I would love the Captain Jack which I didn't get a sampler of and of course bought the 30ml bottle - just tried it and BARF CITY - hopefully if will mellow out with steeping - pain in the ... don't you think. I really enjoy vaping away mindlessly in the evening with the Longhorn and Tribeca while watching TV and I got a Sub Zero menthol that really cleans up any congestion I get.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Collie, you're right, those links were helpful when I stumbled upon them too.

When I saw the title 'Stuff I wish I knew...' I thought I wish I knew that there was more to vaping than disposable e-cigs because if I had I would have quit smoking a long time ago. On impulse I bought a Blu starter kit instead of a carton of butts. Although I didn't like the Blu, that purchase got me to start researching and led me to ECF. 48 hrs after buying the Blu I ordered a new setup.

Your story seemed on target to me. I smiled when I read your banner and realized why. I started a day before you & spent as much as you have too. I'm enjoying my new PV, found some ejuice I like, and feel so much better. Happy vaping!

Collie, you're right, those links were helpful when I stumbled upon them too.

When I saw the title 'Stuff I wish I knew...' I thought I wish I knew that there was more to vaping than disposable e-cigs because if I had I would have quit smoking a long time ago. On impulse I bought a Blu starter kit instead of a carton of butts. Although I didn't like the Blu, that purchase got me to start researching and led me to ECF. 48 hrs after buying the Blu I ordered a new setup.

Your story seemed on target to me. I smiled when I read your banner and realized why. I started a day before you & spent as much as you have too. I'm enjoying my new PV, found some ejuice I like, and feel so much better. Happy vaping!

whitehighlights: Thanks- nice to know someone else is on pace with me. Right now my once yummy vapes ae tasting like crap - I FEAR I HAVE OVERVAPPED - I need to plan in some NO VAPPING BREAKS in my daily routine. You didn't mention if you have kept off the analogs - are you making it I hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread