Stuffing in the tip's

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Most any spun poly would probably work. Do a seach for 'wool'. Some of the suggestions I have heard include the poly fiber fill mentioned above, aquarium filter media and quilting material from a fabric store. Take a clean insert with you to a fabric and craft store to compare. I recently started using a spun poly off the back of cut-you-own furnace filters. The poly on one side is nearly a perfect match in texture and density to the original stuffing.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
This is the stuff the Walmart by me had. $5 for it should last for months.

1e78_1.JPG

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
This is the stuff the Walmart by me had. $5 for it should last for months.

1e78_1.JPG

Clam Can U Make The Fill Easy For Your Carts?

How r u doing it?

I gut stuff Like that but does not fold well, very fuzzy (100% Poly Fill) I cut a piece then roll it between my hands to get it together, then cut it....

Thanks

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

How r u doing it?

I gut stuff Like that but does not fold well, very fuzzy (100% Poly Fill) I cut a piece then roll it between my hands to get it together, then cut it....

Thanks

Fold it? I don't fold mine....just stuff it in there....lol

The hardest part was figuring out the right sized piece but once you get an idea of that, just stuff it in. I don't pack it hard....just so it fits in there. Wicks great like that. Now regular carts seem almost too "thick" to me. The batting is nice and porous.

But I don't use clam's stuff either....I use the batting....a roll in a clear plastic bag....if that makes any difference.

Lu

Last edited:

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida

How r u doing it?

Thanks
Oops I posted the wrong picture.:oops: That was the first stuff I bought and had trouble too. The same company makes a quilters polyester batting that was in Walmart right next to it. This has a whole different texture to it. That's the one to use. This isn't the same brand but the stuff is the same...
286381.jpg

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Oops I posted the wrong picture.:oops: That was the first stuff I bought and had trouble too. The same company makes a quilters polyester batting that was in Walmart right next to it. This has a whole different texture to it. That's the one to use. This isn't the same brand but the stuff is the same...
286381.jpg

OK Makes More Sense Know, Maybe Too Much "Idiot Repellent"! LOL!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread