sturdy mods??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IPV5s are indeed tanks. It was my first two battery mod, and it still runs just fine despite having been dropped about a billion times. I also use it to test all my new RTA builds in case I experience Extreme Leakage. I actually like this mod quite a bit, but mainly for all my endeavors that require durability, I've moved on since then. But, it is a total, complete TANK, for sure. :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Be prepared to be underwhelmed by their looks, LOL, mine is white with huge silver chips, where I dropped it. They are ugly as Sin but really have a lot going for them, durability wise. For a brief moment I thought I had killed mine, but my batteries needed to be rewrapped.

Oh-- if you do get one, one thing. The third (top) magnet on the battery door needs to be glued down onto the mod, it has a tendency to glue itself to the battery door, which will fall off. It's an easy fix, if you get one where the magnet is messed up. :)

Good Luck. I'm really glad I got mine (and got it first, so I could then discover attractive mods) but it's a decent mod for the price, it really is.

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
geekvape aegis
Ya the geekvape aegis mod is easily the most durable mod on the market right now. If you want proof just search Aegis mod torture test on YouTube. People run them over, drag them behind cars, fire them under water, and everything in between and they just keep working. So if you're looking for the toughest mod I'd challenge you to find another mod that can take that kind of beating and continue to work.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Oh and the Smoant Battlestar is pretty sturdy also. I've used mine daily and dropped it lots without fail. It's not as tough as the aegis but that mod is extremely durable. The Battlestar can take the normal everyday beating and keeps ticking and looks great doing it. Performance and beauty make it a killer mod. Good luck.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could look at the Steampunk Nano 120 now that an update is coming out, I imagine prices are going to get even cheaper. If you don't mind the weight, that is a fairly sturdy mod. There have been issues in some colors/models of the battery door not functioning fantastically, there are various fixes for that, some quite ingenious, but since the one I use is my daily driver, I just got a black neoprene sleeve that protects against drops and the battery door cannot open. I enjoy the vape a lot, I think Teslacigs does really well putting out powerful, consistent, and smooth vapes. Of course, being into the form of the mod probably helps as well, but mine has been rather durable and it has been dropped, dripped all over, etc. I like the form factor in my hand a lot though, especially with the sleeve.

It's just a thought, but I've seen these on sale for around $30, and it's great value for a mod.

Anna

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
anybody know of any good sturdy mods that can handle a beating? i just need it to be able to last, i'm not worried about the paint scratching or the cosmetics of it

I'm not sure what else meets your criteria, but if it's just good and sturdy, you might want to see if you can find a Provari. UNbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread