sub ohm tank getting foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
This has happened to me, I chain vape and generally push coils pretty hard. The atty heats up and there is enough ambient heat to cause a little condensation. Never worried me as much as how hot my tank was getting. Possibly increased chance of this if there is a little vacuum action inside the tank?
I dunno but I would not worry.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
This has happened to me, I chain vape and generally push coils pretty hard. The atty heats up and there is enough ambient heat to cause a little condensation. Never worried me as much as how hot my tank was getting. Possibly increased chance of this if there is a little vacuum action inside the tank?
I dunno but I would not worry.
Happens when I chain vape too. A little moisture in the juice is the only thing tht happens. If my tank is getting hot, I give it a break for a bit.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I can't think of any reason the inside of a tank would fog up, unless it's put together wrong. Missing orings? Base not sealed fully? etc..
If the air in the tank is hotter than the ambient outside air, condensation could occur on the inside tank glass, no worries.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Hey, I recently noticed that after 3-5 quick puffs(chain vaping) my sub ohm gets all foggy inside. I barely can see the coil head inside. Should I worry or is it normal? I vape at 75-80 watts
No need to worry, the coil gets warm when chain vaping. The heat from the coil warms up the juice/air in the tank.

Reactions: stols001

DOCG

May 17, 2018
Happens when I chain vape too. A little moisture in the juice is the only thing tht happens. If my tank is getting hot, I give it a break for a bit.

If the air in the tank is hotter than the ambient outside air, condensation could occur on the inside tank glass, no worries.

No need to worry, the coil gets warm when chain vaping. The heat from the coil warms up the juice/air in the tank.

Ok, thx. It happened to me when the tank was almost empty. Now I refilled it and its all good. Maybe it was due to a lack of ejuice?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey, I recently noticed that after 3-5 quick puffs(chain vaping) my sub ohm gets all foggy inside. I barely can see the coil head inside. Should I worry or is it normal? I vape at 75-80 watts
If it is a RTA, could try close to sub ohm (non sub ohm build) build. A non sub ohm may produce less heat and may give you a better flavor. Could experiment on you RDA to establish taste and setting.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep fog when I notice it at all is usually when eliquid is dipping low. It kind of makes sense. Around the time it's so low, I start to notice the vape quality changing and need to refill. But, I am MTL I could see that happening earlier with more heat and etc. Also, condensation CAN'T form if the tank is pretty full, there would be little room for it to do so, be visible and etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread