Sub Ohm Vaping, AMAZING

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam gullies

Oct 28, 2018
Australia
I started sub ohm vaping around 1 year go.. It was so confusing I didn't know where to start.. The flavour is amazing and recently I purchased a wotofo mech mod.. I also use a ohm meter to build my coils..
I live In Australia and find that i cannot get charlies chalk dust delivered over here, so recently i bumped into this website GLOBALVAPING.COM.AU and found that finally I can get my much loved liquid in Australia at a amazingly cheap price.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can make coild without using so much wire LOL, i waste so much of it to make one coil hehehehe :)

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :) as to wire I don’t know how you’re making your coils so I don’t know how I could help. Exotic coils just generally create a lot of waste wire. Myself I do simple coils and get about 1 inch of waste total per coil. That’s still about 20% waste but wire is so cheap I don’t worry about it much

sam gullies

Oct 28, 2018
Australia
Depends on what kind of coil your trying to make. If your trying to make something fancy, check out "The Art of Vaping" on youtube, Squid Doode has great tutorials

The Art of Vaping
Awsome, I will do.. I think im using 26 gauge wire, im trying to make a 0.25ohm.. Maybe 5 or 6 loops.. lwets see how we go.. cheers matey :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Awsome, I will do.. I think im using 26 gauge wire, im trying to make a 0.25ohm.. Maybe 5 or 6 loops.. lwets see how we go.. cheers matey :)

HI and welcome,
What material is your wire? Kanthal/SS/Ni80
Are you building single or dual coils?
With a single coil, at 3mm ID, using 26AWG SS316 wire, .25Ω is only 3 full "wraps".
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Which topper/RDA are you using/ re-building?
Which batteries are you using on which Wotofo "mech"?

Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You won’t get close to .25 with that. The thinner and longer the wire the more resistance. If you want .25 with 5 wraps of 26g you’re probably going to have to do at least a two wire twist. Probably more. That or use a seriously tiny coil diameter to reduce total length. A coil making app could tell you exactly

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does anyone have any tips on how i can make coild without using so much wire LOL, i waste so much of it to make one coil hehehehe :)
You might want to invest into a wire wrapping jig. Very small learning curve. Very little waste. Perfect coils every time!

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You might want to invest into a wire wrapping jig. Very small learning curve. Very little waste. Perfect coils every time!

I could never make those things work well. What I like is one of these:

coil-mandrel.jpg

They’re vastly cheaper, and imho work better. Plus you can use them to poke the cotton

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I could never make those things work well.

I had that problem as well, I then realised why they included the mini-screwdriver in the kit. You need to unscrew the screw so the gap between the handle and the head of the screw is the same as the diameter of the wire, else it won't grip consistently.

This particularly important with thicker diameter wire (e.g. twisted pairs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread