Status
Not open for further replies.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I know my batteries can easily handle the 0.5 ohm coil I'm using in my subtank, so other than just personal preference is there any reason I couldn't use a mech mod with it though?

The only thing I would worry about would be a hybrid mech, because the 510 pin on the Subtank full size is spring loaded and the Mini/Nano might be a little short. But if you're using a hybrid mech, you probably know what will be safe and what won't :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I know my batteries can easily handle the 0.5 ohm coil I'm using in my subtank, so other than just personal preference is there any reason I couldn't use a mech mod with it though?

No problem at all, considering the usual 'safety' aspect.

I infrequently have a short vape at 35 watts... why not... and none of my regulated mods go over 20w. That's where a mech is ideal.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
A mech has the potential to overpower the Subtank. On a mech with a freshly charged batt you're pushing between 30-35 watts at .5 ohms. I don't own a subtank but most claims I have heard say that 20-25 watts is the sweet spot.

I'll bear that in mind... good comment.

(I've not yet tried the 0.5 subtank on a mechanical mod).... maybe I'll find a battery on the way down (not fully charged)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread