The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sublingual absorption of nicotine base to replace nic gum

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by vapmex777, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapmex777

vapmex777 New Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I find 10-15 pcs/day of 2mg nic gum along with vaping ~10ml of VG sufficient to eliminate cravings. I don't like the harshness of mixing nic base with the VG so I'm thinking of mixing 100mg nic base with equal parts of VG resulting in 50mg/ml or 2.5mg/drop (assuming 20 drops/ml) for sublingual absorption. I've tried this a few times and it seems to work and it's much less expensive than the gum.

Any opinions?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    A nicotine patch in your mouth? Problems with saliva messing with absorption rate. You’re going to swallow some of it. I’ve done it. Mostly on planes when the juice I have has too much odor to be used as a hand cream. Simply smearing unprotonated nic base on your hands is effective though. Nic gum is n-tartrate and can’t pass a skin barrier. Mouth might be needed for protonated nic. Unprotonated will sink right through skin though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I've heard a few people doing this with a lot of success. I never asked what strength nic they used, but it sounds like you have that all worked out for yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Good point I’d forgotten about the concentration used. 100mg/ml is really strong. When I’ve done it it was more like 10/th that strength and I used only a couple drops. The higher the concentration the faster the absorption and I only used a few drops. 100mg/ml could be way too high.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vapntime

Vapntime Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I used 6ml of 100mg/ml plus 4ml of VG and 10ml water. Placed that in a small spray bottle and used as spray into mouth. Worked well, about 0.1ml per spray @ 3mg
    I think that's right I worked out it at some stage. Using nicotine pouches now but their a lot stronger effect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    My advice would be to discuss it with a medical professional but they're probably gonna tell you no, because they will know very little about it.

If it's working for you though really why even ask the question? You already have your answer and frankly, if it was going to cause you to drop dead I would imagine it would do so already.

There really isn't much difference between nic in vaping versus nic in patches other than cost, and delivery system.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.