Substituting TFA bavarian cream for Flavour art ____?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Also got FA Fresh Cream, any tips on usage would be much appreciated.

I use it in recipes to add creaminess and more vapor without changing the sweetness level or adding other flavor. It doesn't add sweet or vanilla, just pure plain cream. I add it to coffees, fruits, and creamy cocktail mixes, 0.5% to 2%. It turns amaretto into amaretto and cream, for example, or black coffee to blonde.

It doesn't clash with any other flavor, so I use often to smooth out rough flavors, too.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Thanks HeadInClouds! I am trying to recreate rwhy4 without the custard notes. What would be a good replacement for carmel candy? Is FA caramel pretty good? Original recipe is TFA dry4 10%, caramel candy 5% and Bavarian cream 5%....I was thinking Vienna cream 2.5%, fa caramel 2% and one of the vanillas at 1%.

I think FA's version of Caramel is excellent in tobaccos. It's not as sweet as TFA's or FW's Caramel Candy - more of a caramel syrup flavor. With 10% RY4Double, I'd try 0.5% of Vienna Cream, 0.5-1% Caramel, and 0.5-1% of Vanilla Bourbon or Vanilla Tahiti. Vienna Cream is strong and 2.5% might even drown out the RY4.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Got my FA Vienna cream as a replacement for TFA Bavarian this morning and was going ask how much i should use, so thanks Mr Cloudhead :) Also got FA Fresh Cream, any tips on usage would be much appreciated.

I use the FA Fresh Cream more than any other Cream! I use it from one drop to 1%

You'll find the answer to that - plus more tips on FA Coconut (PLUS all the questions it's likely you'll be askin' soon :::grin::: ) in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/518022-pure-vapes-has-3ml-flavourart-flavorings.html

Love this! much thanks! after researching i have found most of the flavors that i need besides peanut butter :[ Not using TFAs anymore as it now has inhilation risks. that being said, anyone know a peanut butter i can use to substitute that is safe? :E

vape on!

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Sweet! thanks for the tip on the bavarian cream. Have you tried FA coconut? how does it compare to TFAs anyone know? Lookin to substitude it in recipes that i previously used tfa coconut in.

I'm not a big fan of coconut AT ALL, but a lot of the recipes I've read that sounded good called for coconut. I sampled something the other day at the B&M that had coconut in it. I was surprised how much I liked it. That being said..... I mixed some FA coconut in a Snake Oil recipe I read. It was yummy!

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
using TFAs anymore as it now has inhilation risks.

May I ask where you read TFA had problems? They do some pretty remarkable testing, so this seems like something that should be posted.

On another note (not that this adds anything to the conversation), I think FA's Vienna cream and Catalan cream are sublime. They go very well in my ry4s, among other recipes.

kabalm18

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
USA
May I ask where you read TFA had problems? They do some pretty remarkable testing, so this seems like something that should be posted.

On another note (not that this adds anything to the conversation), I think FA's Vienna cream and Catalan cream are sublime. They go very well in my ry4s, among other recipes.

Check the TPA/TFA website. It states that Peanut butter contains custard notes. Actually, just about every flavor I liked from TFA contains custard notes...it's a shame. :(

Perfumers Apprentice - Peanut Butter Flavor

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013

Yes they do great testing; the number of flavors with custard notes is surprising some people. Start here: Perfumer's Apprentice
Click 'List' on the far right side next to the flavor, scroll down to the 'Components' list to look for Acetoin and/or Acetylpropionyl. When you see one, click on the word to get to a list of all their flavors that contain it. Some flavors don't have this info yet, but they've been updating them.

rhythm rambler

Jan 6, 2014
Tejas
So I just posted this question in another thread in recipes but I just received an email back from FA about my inquiry. I asked them if their ClearStream testing looks for the other diketones, acetoin and acetyl propionyl. Their response wasn't very specific:

thank you so much for your interest.

Since some month ago we started a new way to proper avoid that those components are purchased by electronic cigarette user and we think that it's a lot more simpler:

Each flavor inserted in the "Electronic Cigarette" section of our website do not contain components that we know as dangerous.

Easier that that? :)

In the following months we will enhance that part, making it as clear as possible.

Anyone else have input on this?

Last edited:

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
So I just posted this question in another thread in recipes but I just received an email back from FA about my inquiry. I asked them if their ClearStream testing looks for the other diketones, acetoin and acetyl propionyl. Their response wasn't very specific:

Anyone else have input on this?

If we'd received that email, we'd politely respond:

It may not be any easier than that to you, but we're confused. We don't know what components "you" recognize as dangerous.

What we're needing to know specifically is...do any of the flavors in your Electronic Cigarette line contain diacetyl? acetyl proprionyl? acetoin? or any of the other substitutes/diketones that are related and have been shown to possibly cause harm?'

Thanks for your help :)

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
(pasting a copy of what I posted elsewhere, with some added notes at the end)

YES, we do know that Flavour Art e-cig flavoring line does not contain any diacetyl or related diketones. They began this process over 3 years ago, called ClearStream: Our contribution to research | ClearStream by FlavourArt

Here's an excerpt to answer your question:
"And in light of calculated concentrations that a vaper might be exposed to from heavily flavored e-liquids, we have reformulated, at considerable expense, all of our Vape Heaven flavors to be completely free of any added diacetyl and/or related diketons. The general application flavors that cannot be created without them, but are perfectly safe for food, such as Butter, yogurt, etc are being clearly marked as “Unsuitable for Vaping”. These should not be used in flavoring e-liquid, nor applied as a “top note” in blending more complex vapable flavors. We feel that this should be a matter of informed choice."

More information is on their website. Start here: Flavourart - La sartoria degli aromi, aromi alimentari e per sigaretta elettronica made in Italy pick 'shop' and then 'electronic cigarette' to see the flavors for vaping. If you happen into the 'kitchen Magic' section, it shows ALL their flavorings. Those that are not e-cig flavors say this: "This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping. For further details see diacetyl page in Vape Heaven section"

In fact, FA has gone a step beyond testing just for these ingredients. They are the ONLY manufacturer to study cytotoxicity of the actual vapor from their flavorings. Here's an excerpt: "Moreover, in absence of guidelines or legal frameworks related to safety of ecigs and e liquids, we have started a massive cytotoxic analysis program, comparing, in vitro, the toxicity on upper airways cells, of 15 puffs from standard cigarette, vs 120 puff of flavored Heaven Juices." Details with numerous links here: E sig e sicurezza - Supporto e Informazioni Risultati della Ricerca - FlavourArt - La sartoria degli aromi

Cellular toxicity studies of the individual flavors are somewhere in those links; I can search for it if you can't find it.

As you follow their links, you sometimes arrive on pages all in Italian, such as links to the Italian labs that conduct their studies. Just copy the url and go to translate.google.com to translate the page to English.

Flavour Art's testing is absolutely unmatched in the industry.

--------

You may wonder what "and related diketones" means. Acetoin and acetylpropionyl are two, but there are others. FlavorArt's e-gic flavors contain NONE of them, according to the description of their ClearStream project linked above.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
(pasting a copy of what I posted elsewhere, with some added notes at the end)

YES, we do know that Flavour Art e-cig flavoring line does not contain any diacetyl or related diketones. They began this process over 3 years ago, called ClearStream: Our contribution to research | ClearStream by FlavourArt

Here's an excerpt to answer your question:
"And in light of calculated concentrations that a vaper might be exposed to from heavily flavored e-liquids, we have reformulated, at considerable expense, all of our Vape Heaven flavors to be completely free of any added diacetyl and/or related diketons. The general application flavors that cannot be created without them, but are perfectly safe for food, such as Butter, yogurt, etc are being clearly marked as “Unsuitable for Vaping”. These should not be used in flavoring e-liquid, nor applied as a “top note” in blending more complex vapable flavors. We feel that this should be a matter of informed choice."

More information is on their website. Start here: Flavourart - La sartoria degli aromi, aromi alimentari e per sigaretta elettronica made in Italy pick 'shop' and then 'electronic cigarette' to see the flavors for vaping. If you happen into the 'kitchen Magic' section, it shows ALL their flavorings. Those that are not e-cig flavors say this: "This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping. For further details see diacetyl page in Vape Heaven section"

In fact, FA has gone a step beyond testing just for these ingredients. They are the ONLY manufacturer to study cytotoxicity of the actual vapor from their flavorings. Here's an excerpt: "Moreover, in absence of guidelines or legal frameworks related to safety of ecigs and e liquids, we have started a massive cytotoxic analysis program, comparing, in vitro, the toxicity on upper airways cells, of 15 puffs from standard cigarette, vs 120 puff of flavored Heaven Juices." Details with numerous links here: E sig e sicurezza - Supporto e Informazioni Risultati della Ricerca - FlavourArt - La sartoria degli aromi

Cellular toxicity studies of the individual flavors are somewhere in those links; I can search for it if you can't find it.

As you follow their links, you sometimes arrive on pages all in Italian, such as links to the Italian labs that conduct their studies. Just copy the url and go to translate.google.com to translate the page to English.

Flavour Art's testing is absolutely unmatched in the industry.

--------

You may wonder what "and related diketones" means. Acetoin and acetylpropionyl are two, but there are others. FlavorArt's e-gic flavors contain NONE of them, according to the description of their ClearStream project linked above.

Dang, my links here didn't come through. See my original post (post #8 in the thread) here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-no-ap-custard-note-flavors.html#post12703379

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread