Subtank RBA juice channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hey all,
So I finally wicked my rba correctly using the method where you thread the Cotten through the holes of the sleeve and then cut it. It works great and it's the only method that works. So here's my two questions.
The revised rbas are not supposed to have juice channels,right?

Also how did you guys wick it any other way? I tried a bunch but if those holes weren't completely covered it was spitting.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I do the bunny ear method. Wick then slide the sleeve down over the wicks, keeping them pulled up. After sleeve secured down the trim each wick just a bit above the sleeve. Then push the wicks down in each side and make sure the holes are covered. Works great for me.
No dry hits and no drips.
I vape with 50/50 juice.

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
I do the bunny ear method. Wick then slide the sleeve down over the wicks, keeping them pulled up. After sleeve secured down the trim each wick just a bit above the sleeve. Then push the wicks down in each side and make sure the holes are covered. Works great for me.
No dry hits and no drips.
I vape with 50/50 juice.

I do that too. Then gently push them down with the little screwdriver to make sure holes are covered. Works great for me.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Same as Cromwell

A typical kayfun type wicking method. The wicks must be long enough to Lay against the holes snugly, but not packed.
3mm Coil has plenty of wicking to prevent flooding
2.5mm may be a bit fiddly
I do 2.5's and work fine. Never a leaky. Well since my first attempt at wicking one :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm going to give that wicking method another shot. The other way works great for me but I'm up for something different if there's a chance for better flavor. I really appreciate all the replies. Out of the videos I saw I never saw the emphasis on plugging the holes

I think this is the Extremely Cool thing about Making one's own Builds.

Being able to Try Different approaches/techniques to fine tune things for their e-Liquid, Watts and type of Hit they are Looking for.

BTW - I'm kinda in the Minority. Because I prefer the Original Design RBA Section. Once I have Enlarged the e-Liquid Channels slightly using a Small File that is.

But still have a Newer Version in my Rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread