Success! Atomizer Resurrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an atomizer that was completely dead, it just didn't work at all.
No vapor, No throat hit, Didn't even get hot.

So I searched around the forums, and tried some things out.

I did the following steps to clean my atomizer:

1.) Got a paper towel and pat it dry.
2.) Used an office duster to blow through the battery hole. Spraying out excess fluids and whatnot everywhere.
3.) Grabbed a coffee mug, and poured Apple Cider Vinegar in the mug. (about 1/3 of the mug)
4.) I have no fancy tools, so I used a spoon to carefully place it in the Mug with the battery side resting on the bottom. Then I let it sit there for about a half hour.
5.) Took the atomizer out of the mug, and then heated up some water on the stove, waiting till the water got hot, but not boiling.
6.) Placed the atomizer on a soup spoon, gently bringing it into the water, without touching the bottom.
7). Swished it around for about 1-2 minutes, then took it out.
8.) Used the same paper towel to pat it dry again, and used the office duster again to dry it, as well as cool it down.

Then after like 5 minutes, I put about 6 drops of my eliquid onto the atomizer and put in a fresh cartridge.

At first, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Then my second drag got it heated up, and then by the third drag, I was vaping away as if I had just gotten a brand new atomizer.

It worked great, although I think I may have gotten some of the apple cider vinegar left in it, because it tasted a little funky, but that went away after awhile.

I thought for SURE I had fried my atomizer or something and that it was never going to work again. Very pleased with the results of using this cleaning method.

Thanks to whoever posted a similar cleaning method not too long ago, I couldn't find the post to give him credit, but it worked great even though I didn't follow through all his steps.

joannadiva

May 5, 2009
I had an atomizer that was completely dead, it just didn't work at all.
No vapor, No throat hit, Didn't even get hot.

So I searched around the forums, and tried some things out.

I did the following steps to clean my atomizer:

1.) Got a paper towel and pat it dry.
2.) Used an office duster to blow through the battery hole. Spraying out excess fluids and whatnot everywhere.
3.) Grabbed a coffee mug, and poured Apple Cider Vinegar in the mug. (about 1/3 of the mug)
4.) I have no fancy tools, so I used a spoon to carefully place it in the Mug with the battery side resting on the bottom. Then I let it sit there for about a half hour.
5.) Took the atomizer out of the mug, and then heated up some water on the stove, waiting till the water got hot, but not boiling.
6.) Placed the atomizer on a soup spoon, gently bringing it into the water, without touching the bottom.
7). Swished it around for about 1-2 minutes, then took it out.
8.) Used the same paper towel to pat it dry again, and used the office duster again to dry it, as well as cool it down.

Then after like 5 minutes, I put about 6 drops of my eliquid onto the atomizer and put in a fresh cartridge.

At first, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Then my second drag got it heated up, and then by the third drag, I was vaping away as if I had just gotten a brand new atomizer.

It worked great, although I think I may have gotten some of the apple cider vinegar left in it, because it tasted a little funky, but that went away after awhile.

I thought for SURE I had fried my atomizer or something and that it was never going to work again. Very pleased with the results of using this cleaning method.

Thanks to whoever posted a similar cleaning method not too long ago, I couldn't find the post to give him credit, but it worked great even though I didn't follow through all his steps.

the office gas/air cans are now using a bittering agent to prevent huffing. That may be the funky taste. I almost trough out an atomizer after i used a gas/air can to blow moisture out

Just another example of our government protecting us from social Darwinism

~Wonder

Mar 4, 2009
Doesn't the canned air have freon in it? When I've used it to clean my keyboard, etc., the can sometimes gets very cold. I can't help but wonder if that's not so good for you. :confused:

Suzi
I seriously doubt it has freon in it. Lookup the Ideal gas law. Basically, temperature is proportional to the pressure times the volume. If the pressure decreases, cause you're spraying the air, and the volume stays the same, the inside of the can stays the same, then the temperature decreases.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
I seriously doubt it has freon in it. Lookup the Ideal gas law. Basically, temperature is proportional to the pressure times the volume. If the pressure decreases, cause you're spraying the air, and the volume stays the same, the inside of the can stays the same, then the temperature decreases.

A simple Google search tells me you're right. :oops:

But it also revealed some things that make me wonder if it's such a good idea to use it for this purpose.

Canned Air Isn't Air

"The usual gases found in canned air are difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, tetrafluoroethane, or butane."

Suzi

yulfrid8

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009

But it also revealed some things that make me wonder if it's such a good idea to use it for this purpose.

"The usual gases found in canned air are difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, tetrafluoroethane, or butane."

Suzi

But do gases evaporate without a residue? That what they should do.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville

Canned Air Isn't Air

Suzi

It winds up mixing with the air we breathe just like all other airborne pollutants.

How often should atomizers be cleaned??

3 options:

1) Decide from new to clean it regularly by burn-off (needs care), hydrogen peroxide (needs care), or simple soak in hot (not boiling) water, vinegar, lemon juice or denture cleaner. (Details elsewhere). Rinse under tap, shake dry, blow through, let dry for a while on end, add a few drips of juice to metal wicking; begin vaping after 1 minute. May take 3 or 5 puffs to fire up if was not completely dry (no problem)

2) Do one of the soak cleans only when seems you need to. Likely only to remove dried juice, not clean the heat-hardened deposit from the coil.

3) When performance drops too much or it seems dead, replace it.

Always have spare atomisers and dont risk using chemicals for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread