Success!!!! Woo Hoo...homemade menthol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I dumped the stuff I made with the VG which was 1/2 VG half commercial e-liquid. Really did NOT like the VG taste at all.

Picked up PG yesterday that the pharmacist had ordered for me:

40ml PG
5ml VG
8-9 menthol crystal shards
less than 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract. Yes, I know the oil is a no-no but I hope this small of an amount won't hurt until I can find flavoring w/o it.

The PG is SOOOO much better tasting than the VG. Decent throat hit, cool...clean menthol taste. The only thing I don't like is that I can "feel" the menthol in my lungs. Mind you I've smoked menthols for over 30 years but I've always been a quick puffer, short hits, quick inhale that probably didn't even hit my lungs half the time. Never let hubby hit my analogs because he'd get them hot and gross with long draws.

So hopefully, the analog pull won't be so strong even though at this point this is 0 nic juice, at least it tastes like menthol.

I also made menthol drops so that the next time I make juice I can be more accurate with a recipe. Just under 1/8 c. crystals/shards to 2 tbsp. vg...warmed the vg and stir in the crystals....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread