Successful 'Hybrids'?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I guess there's 2 'camps' re. NET use:- those that vape 'pure' NET & those that 'tweak' with added flavourings...
I've been pretty much a 'purist' (!), 'cept for a little apple flav. with semi-O; a touch of cherry with cigar wrapper leaf; & an ill-fated attempt at a 'dessert tobacco' using vanilla, sweet biscuit & hazelnut!!!....
But....I've just ordered some 4ml. 'samplers' from F'Art (Oakwood, Black Fire, 'Bitter Wizard'...as well as their Latakia & Perique; which I'll be mixing 'straight' for comparison purposes!!...)
To those that 'tweak'.....fancy sharing Your successes/failures?..

Reactions: Str8vision

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I have tried both Perique and Latakia, and neither one is a good match with their NET counterparts. The best hybrid I have come up with is a combination of NET added to Hangsen tobaccos. The cleanest so far is 2.2% of Perique extract added to 2.7% Red USA from HS. It tastes great and doesn't clog as much. Another combination is 2% Virginia extract added to Red USA.

Last edited:

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Yes, Red USA & Red Virginia NET:- I forgot 'bout that!! 'tho I used the R/V to tone down/reduce the nic of a Red US pre-mixed.
Perique NET with R/US I would never've thought of!
Actually, just smelling the F'Art versions of 'perique' & 'latikia', I never would have guessed that that was what they purported to be!!...I'll try 'em straight before I risk mixing 'em with My precious NETs!

Reactions: usr/

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
So far I've only made a few hybrids.
I started with extracted Sutliff Coffee and added Cappuccino, Carmel, or both. Pretty good.
I have also taken Sutliff Vanilla Custard and boosted the VC with Capella's VC flavoring.
I just bought some other flavorings but haven't had the time to try them yet.
Whiskey, Jamaican Rum, Irish Cream, Butterscotch, and Mocha
Not having much DIY experience, I have found that it takes a very light hand with flavorings or you can quickly overpower the tobacco.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Not having much DIY experience, I have found that it takes a very light hand with flavorings or you can quickly overpower the tobacco.
Yeah, I found this when I added apple flav. to some semi-oriental NET (1st experiment!)
However, the apple flavouring seemed to fade some after a few weeks 'lay down'.
Hope the same happens with the 'Black Fire' that I dripped into some bland-ish Dominican NET....it's almost an RY4 atm!..

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I've been mixing "hybrids" for the past three years, it's all I vape. It's -very easy- to overpower or mute the tobacco flavor of a NET with added flavorings. Allowing a mixed hybrid to age (steep) is often detrimental to the secondary flavorings, they seem to mysteriously fade away. The way I do it is to mix straight NET and let it age for a few months (6 months for me). I then flavor small amounts (30ml) of the aged NET by adding concentrated flavorings, Shake-n-vape. Taste is highly subjective but here's a couple of easy recipes;

Vanilla Tobacco
  • 75% mixed/aged Tantiana Vanilla cigar NET
  • 15% Voodoo Queen mixed/aged NET
  • 7.5% Holy Vanilla flavoring (DIYflavorshack)
  • 1.5% Lotus Vanilla flavoring
  • 1% Sweetener

Blueberry Tobacco
  • 50% Louisiana Red mixed/aged NET
  • 48% Rocky Patel V '90 mixed/aged cigar NET
  • 1% Sweetener
  • 0.5% Lotus Blueberry
  • 0.5% Menthol (10% solution)
Other concentrated flavorings I've found mix well in hybrids are; Caramel by Lotus, Caramel Candy by Flavor West, Caramel Original by TFA, White Peach by Lotus, Juicy Peach by TFA, Peach by Inawera, White Cherry by Lotus, Cherries by Inawera, Cherry Crush by Flavor West, Black Cherry by Lotus, Pear by Lotus, Acetyl Pyrazine 5% by TFA, Bavarian Cream by TFA, Vanilla Swirl by TFA, Waffle by Inawera, Catalan Cream by FA, Vienna Cream by FA, Biscuit by Inawera, Graham Cracker by TFA, Graham Cracker by Capella, Ripe Banana by TFA, Banana by Lotus, and several others.

Another option is simply adding tobacco extract (not mixed NET) to ready made retail juice. Nicoticket's ACB tastes great with 4% extract added to it as does their Frenilla. Ahlusion's Caramel Wild Wood also plays well with 4% extract added in. Boba's Bounty never tasted better than after a little tobacco extract was added.....

I've tried mixing NET with Tobacco absolutes and other concentrated retail tobacco flavorings but didn't like any of the results.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I've been mixing "hybrids" for the past three years, it's all I vape....
As ever, a detailed, cogent, informative & helpful post Str8, Thanks!
Doubt I'll get to use 6-month aged made-up juice tho'...I'm on the dregs of the Latakia & Dunhill 'Standard Mix' that I made up on 19th Oct. I do have a couple of extracts, a few ml. made back last April; only some left 'cos it was using 20g. wholeleaf rather than the 5g. pipe 'baccy samples!

Reactions: Str8vision

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Right, I've now tried vaping mixes of the F'Art 'Perique' & 'Latakia' concentrates ('Solo' @ 3%)..........:facepalm:
Don't get Me wrong; they're not un-pleasant, & useful for 'out & about' when My NETs will ruin a Next-Gen coil & wick before I get home... the 'Latakia' esp. may go well with My blander cigar extractions.......at about 0.25-0.5%...
BUT....'Perique'?...'Latakia'?!?.....I think NOT!!
Still...........They'll last FOREVER!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread