Sucralose Powder, Splenda, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I want to get into DIY. I recently added up my many juice purchases and the total is ...way too much. However I have spent so much (to me, I know it's all relative) at this point of beginning my vaping hobby, I will have to delay getting started (equipment, PG, VG, nic, etc) for a couple months while I'm paying off the previous! lol But I am avidly reading the forum and have a few of my "store-bought" juices that I might like to maybe add a flavor to to make them more to my liking, and I am wondering about sweetener. I have read a few threads and haven't come to a clear understanding of whether to make an outlay for "pure sucralose powder, no additives" or merely some Splenda (which I can get free at McDonalds etc, lol but not in large quantities!) or EM or what.

At this point I am merely looking for something I might mix with already made juices (I need to feel I used quite a bit of this to justify purchasing more in the way of PG, VG, nic etc since there seems to be quite an initial outlay). I would love for whatever I buy (if I have to buy in quantity) to be something I can also use in DIY when I start doing that! Your suggestions will be appreciated.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I want to get into DIY. I recently added up my many juice purchases and the total is ...way too much. However I have spent so much (to me, I know it's all relative) at this point of beginning my vaping hobby, I will have to delay getting started (equipment, PG, VG, nic, etc) for a couple months while I'm paying off the previous! lol But I am avidly reading the forum and have a few of my "store-bought" juices that I might like to maybe add a flavor to to make them more to my liking, and I am wondering about sweetener. I have read a few threads and haven't come to a clear understanding of whether to make an outlay for "pure sucralose powder, no additives" or merely some Splenda (which I can get free at McDonalds etc, lol but not in large quantities!) or EM or what.

At this point I am merely looking for something I might mix with already made juices (I need to feel I used quite a bit of this to justify purchasing more in the way of PG, VG, nic etc since there seems to be quite an initial outlay). I would love for whatever I buy (if I have to buy in quantity) to be something I can also use in DIY when I start doing that! Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Read my blog on Sweeteners and additives.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX

Thanks so much for this! A very precise bunch of info on sweeteners and other additives. I am still not sure should I buy "plain sucralose powder (no additives)" or splenda (has some additives that ppl say may gunk things up). And I will certainly get the EM!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks so much for this! A very precise bunch of info on sweeteners and other additives. I am still not sure should I buy "plain sucralose powder (no additives)" or splenda (has some additives that ppl say may gunk things up). And I will certainly get the EM!

Don't use powders of any sort. Only thing I've seen recommended as far as store bought sweetener is ezsweet liquid. Best just to buy it from an ejuice vender.

Sweetener by Flavor West

Perfumers Apprentice - Sweetener

TFA - Sweetener - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread