Suddenly feeling light headed and ill after vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Benton-Smith

Jun 11, 2017
Hi everyone.
So I have been vaping on and off for over a year now but keep going back to real cigarettes for some reason. The mod I was using is a clear fire and I was vaping with at around 40 watts with a 0.4 ohm coil and using 3mg nic juice and it was all good.
However I got a bit fed up with "sucking" straight into my lungs and wanted something that I could toke on like a cigarette so I got myself a Uni-M GX mod with an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank. The coils are 1.8 ohm and I am vaping at around 15 watts with 12mg juice. The problem is that every time I have few puffs I get extremely light headed and dizzy (almost feels like a panic attack) and this lasts for hours. I googled this and it seems like quite a common problem and the most common answer is "lower the nicotine level". So I did a 50/50 mix of my 12mg and 3 mg juice (assuming this is giving me around 9mg of nic) but I am still having the same problem.
Does anyone have any ideas because I really want to quit smoking and start using my mod full time but this is really holding me back and is becoming a big problem as I am constantly light headed and dizzy throughout the day.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I was thinking maybe you were getting the old juice mostly. I'm just trying to guess. You changed coils, so you're getting what you put in now.

Try the 3mg/ml stuff?

I've put drops of 100mg/ml on my tongue before, and I was only dizzy for 10-20 minutes, not hours. Commenting on this post might get someone else to reply. Could it be the flavoring?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi 90VG thanks for your reply.
I did run a bit of the lower nic through the mod after I changed the coil today but I'm not sure how that would make any difference?
Thanks

Just to clarify @90VG's point, there's a lot of juice soaked into the wick around the coil. If you emptied your tank and refilled with lower nic juice without changing the coil, you'd still be vaping the old higher nic juice for a while until you'd used up whatever was in the wick. As you changed the coil, this shouldn't be an issue.

Lightheaded and dizzy does sound like too much nic, but I've never had the effects last a few hours. I'm usually good after 20 - 30 minutes (assuming I stopped vaping, of course). The only things I can think of are:

• Trying straight 3 mg/ml juice is definitely worth a try. If that works, you can bump it up gradually until you find something that works for you. If it doesn't work (and you were OK with 3 mg/ml on your other setup) then something else is going on. What it might be I can't imagine.
  • Is the 3 mg/ml juice you're using the same juice you had with the other setup? If you're OK with the 3 mg/ml alone but not when they're mixed, I suppose it's possible that there's an additive or contaminant in your 12 mg/ml that's causing the problem.
  • Are you sure it's the vaping that's causing the dizziness?
I hope you can sort things out. Best of luck.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi everyone.
So I have been vaping on and off for over a year now but keep going back to real cigarettes for some reason. The mod I was using is a clear fire and I was vaping with at around 40 watts with a 0.4 ohm coil and using 3mg nic juice and it was all good.
However I got a bit fed up with "sucking" straight into my lungs and wanted something that I could toke on like a cigarette so I got myself a Uni-M GX mod with an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank. The coils are 1.8 ohm and I am vaping at around 15 watts with 12mg juice. The problem is that every time I have few puffs I get extremely light headed and dizzy (almost feels like a panic attack) and this lasts for hours. I googled this and it seems like quite a common problem and the most common answer is "lower the nicotine level". So I did a 50/50 mix of my 12mg and 3 mg juice (assuming this is giving me around 9mg of nic) but I am still having the same problem.
Does anyone have any ideas because I really want to quit smoking and start using my mod full time but this is really holding me back and is becoming a big problem as I am constantly light headed and dizzy throughout the day.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan
Sounds like too much nicotine.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone.
Many thanks in advance.
Dan
Welcome and glad you joined.
Suggest replacing old coil with new and use 6 mg. e-liquid and see if dizziness stops.
I have provided a little more information which might help pin down your dizziness.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi everyone.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan
15W is too high for the Nautilus 1.8 ohm coils, aspire states 5V max and that's 13.9W, which imho is still too high for these coils. Try a new coil starting around 7W and work up to where you like, 8W was fine for me. Also are you trying a new juice in it you've never vaped before? Could be your juice too. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthonyB

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Dan & welcome
When I get too much nic I also get a pain which seems to start in my brain stem and knife right into my brain itself. It goes away pretty quickly when I stop vaping though. Not only can changing to a more efficient tank expose you to more nic absorption but things like taking bigger and/or more frequent draws also contribute to it.

Reactions: AnthonyB

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really like the Nautilus tanks and use the 1.8 coils as well. I use MUCH higher nic than you're using and haven't managed to OD myself on nicotine yet. That said, everyone's tolerance is different, I'd second everyone's suggestions to START lower, and work your way up to what you can tolerate.

Also, sub-ohm coils do lend themselves more to chain vaping than the smaller, lower wattage tanks. I have no clue why, but that's what I've experienced. So, you may have to experiment more. If you're using the same flavorings/juices in each tank, I don't think it could be a flavoring issue, but to check, you can re-coil (I know, ouch) and try the flavoring/nic level that worked for you on the other tank, I'd think.

Good luck figuring it out! And, is there a reason DL isn't for you other than it's different than smoking? Everything about vaping is different than smoking, and some ppl (don't ask me?) do better with one or the other. Worst case, you know you have an option that *does* work for you.... Maybe transition slowly, where you use each setup at different times of day, like your sub-ohm tank first thing when you are likely to want to vape more frequently...?

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I really like the Nautilus tanks and use the 1.8 coils as well. I use MUCH higher nic than you're using and haven't managed to OD myself on nicotine yet. That said, everyone's tolerance is different, I'd second everyone's suggestions to START lower, and work your way up to what you can tolerate.

Also, sub-ohm coils do lend themselves more to chain vaping than the smaller, lower wattage tanks. I have no clue why, but that's what I've experienced. So, you may have to experiment more. If you're using the same flavorings/juices in each tank, I don't think it could be a flavoring issue, but to check, you can re-coil (I know, ouch) and try the flavoring/nic level that worked for you on the other tank, I'd think.

Good luck figuring it out! And, is there a reason DL isn't for you other than it's different than smoking? Everything about vaping is different than smoking, and some ppl (don't ask me?) do better with one or the other. Worst case, you know you have an option that *does* work for you.... Maybe transition slowly, where you use each setup at different times of day, like your sub-ohm tank first thing when you are likely to want to vape more frequently...?

Anna
Imho when you're first getting off cigs it's a bad idea to do dtl with sub ohm tanks as you don't get the same feelings and don't puff it the same way.

I use a normal nautilus tank (5ml) with the 1.8ohm coil atm with a 50/50 mix at around 11.5 watts it's not made for chain vaping as if you vape too much with that you'll get high off nicotine (i use 15mg). My best advice is for Op to go slowly and go down if you get too much nic and with a nautilus do mtl (smoke it like a normal cig) but don't puff too hard on it slow inhales and let the button go about 1 second before you stop inhaling so you don't get gurgling or condensation in the chimney. Dosen't seem like Op was a heavy smoker either so don't use analogs vape through any cravings and if you get high off the nicotine levels and get huge headaches lower the nic levels.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Why would you think that?
If he's already having trouble quitting smoking making his own ejuice is probably not a great idea
And instead of mixing 0nic juice with something like 12mg juice why not just get something like 12 and 6,that's what i did and it worked wonders higher nic for when i get huge cravings and lower to vape normally and have fun with it while still getting a nicotine dosage. Simply seems an easier solution to me

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
If he's already having trouble quitting smoking making his own ejuice is probably not a great idea
And instead of mixing 0nic juice with something like 12mg juice why not just get something like 12 and 6,that's what i did and it worked wonders higher nic for when i get huge cravings and lower to vape normally and have fun with it while still getting a nicotine dosage. Simply seems an easier solution to me

Simply buying the nic levels that work for him is certainly the long-term solution, but he was already mixing what he had on hand and we were talking about the results of that. Besides, the 12 mg/ml isn't working for him so he might as well find a way to use it up. Mixing can be a good way to find out what nic level you're aiming for, especially when it's already there and you don't have to run out and get something new (that might not be right either) or wait for it to be delivered. I just don't get why you said mixing would make things worse.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think mixing would make things worse, unless he's using all VG.... The Nautilus mini is tiny and with mixing juices, they're very viscous and could easily just sit on top of each other until the other juice reaches the coil? I guess a bit of stirring might fix that. If the flavorings are all the same, I don't see how mixing would be an AWFUL problem, unless he's got an intolerance to one juice or the other.... Have you figured anything out yet? Taking vape breaks is good, too, if you weren't a heavy smoker. I take craft stuff around with me so I can sit calmly (and it can go way longer than a cig now) and not vape, constantly, as if I do, I do come down with a bit of a headache.

I'm thinking that with all that DL vaping at low nicotine may cause a bit of a shock to your system? It's an entirely different delivery method, though it's similar. Hope it gets worked out so you can stop those analogues.

Anna

Grimmthoughts

Jun 21, 2017
Surprised nobody has asked these 2 important questions. First, what vg/pg ratio juice are you using? Alot of people have sensitivity/allergy to pg (myself included, I can only use max vg juice) and that sounds like the most likely cause if symptoms are lasting for hours. Second, how much water do you drink? Vaping can cause dehydration quickly if you chain vape, this is less likely since it doesn't sound like your chain vaping but still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread