Suddenly intolerant to liquid nicotine? I can't believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippo3

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
Hi guys! First of all sorry for my bad english. I started to vape at February and I love it, thanks to the e-cig I don't want a tobacco cigarette anymore. By the way, for some reason, about 15 days ago I realized that e-liquid nicotine gives me agitation and jittery that I've never had before. Sure, nicotine is a stimulant like coffeine but as we know it's a relaxant, too. And this stimulant/relaxant combo is what I've had with tobacco cigarettes and with vaping until 15 days ago. To be sure that (liquid) nicotine is the culprit, I've tried everything. With nic free e-liquid I have no agitation, even though I become a little sad because actually I can't stay without nicotine for a whole day. You may say: "reduce the nic dosage" and that's what I did, but unfortunately even with 1.5 mg/ml I have this issue :( And I don't vape too much. So I decided to do another test: for one day I smoked tobacco cigarettes. Guess what? No agitation and jittery. This is so weird, I can't believe it! Because I can expect it if I vape too much at high nic dosage, but I vape at only 3 mg/ml and not too much. And as I said before even with 1.5 mg/ml. I started to vape at February with 9 mg/ml, then I gradually lowered the dose without any problem (until 15 days ago). Also, I've tried different nicotine e-liquids but nothing has changed. Now I don't know what to think other than I suddenly become intolerant to liquid nicotine, even though I don't have nausea, dizziness, headache, stomach problems and other symptoms that make me think: "you're intolerant for sure". What do you think guys? Is there something that I can do? I don't want stop vaping, especially because I don't want to smoke again :( Thank you so much in advance guys.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I started on 55mg/ml in February. Today I vape 2mg/ml. I get jittery when I have too much, and I crave the hand to mouth/cloud blowing. I decrease my strength in my all day vape every month or so, and put the higher strength juice in an alternate, when I crave more. Caffeine intake makes the agitation worse, for me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate,
I would suggest two devices.
One with nicotine and one without.
Use each as needed to prevent a return to smoking and/or the jitters.
Are you taking any additional medications or stimulants?
Have you tried unflavoured nicotine liquid?
Which device are you using?

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have you tried zero nic?

Maybe the vape behavior (hand-to-mouth action and inhaling/exhaling 0mg nic) may be all you need to stay off of the smokes.

It probably doesn't apply in your case since you said you hadn't smoked in months, but some people suffer withdrawal symptoms from all the other chemicals found in tobacco smoke. You should be immune to those by now.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi mate,
I would suggest two devices.
One with nicotine and one without.
Use each as needed to prevent a return to smoking and/or the jitters.

Are you taking any additional medications or stimulants?
Have you tried unflavoured nicotine liquid?
Which device are you using?

Cheers
I

This ^

Maybe your body just doesn't need/want much nic anymore.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am going to suggest you get some low nicotine WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid juice, if you can get it where you are.) Most of the "non jittery" components of tobacco come from things other than nicotine although nicotine can play a role. They are sneaky things called MAOIs, and they are found in the tobacco leaf along with the tobacco. There is a process to extract those alkaloids and perhaps your brain has finally detoxed from them and is demanding MORE.

There are many folks who use WTA routinely, but I used A TON in the beginning and it helped me a lot. My brain LIKES nicotine but it LOVES the minor alkaloids.

You can buy it from Aroma e-liquid (pricy, but the best)
Umbvapes/Ohm's e liquids, (okay, not the greatest but some folks do fine with it.)

Stay the hell away from Mother's Milk it looks, tastes and acts exactly like dirt.

You can do a search on it if you want to find out more, etc.

However, until that time I would suggest low nic/ 0 nic alternating as Izan suggested.

Good luck,

Anna

Sil3nt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
I started on 55mg/ml in February. Today I vape 2mg/ml. I get jittery when I have too much, and I crave the hand to mouth/cloud blowing. I decrease my strength in my all day vape every month or so, and put the higher strength juice in an alternate, when I crave more. Caffeine intake makes the agitation worse, for me.
55mg nic strength? jesus...

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Might have been a poor delivering system. I started vaping the “12” and one day at the shop one of the guys let me hit his rda with 3mg and I got straight high son. Even when I got back in my car and was driving off I could feel it so the tank I was using was delivering, I guess, just about nothing.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
55mg nic strength? jesus...

the cigalike I started on was 48 mg nic. It's device dependent. Something that releases a tiny wisp for mtl use requires a higher concentration so you get enough with each draw.

To the OP, where are you located and what type of juice do you vape? Are you using the same as you have in the past or using new brands?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I agree with @stols001 WTA is your best bet. Don't know if you like tobacco though. For me its the closest thing to the real thing, so I love it. Aroma WTA contains nicotine in its natural form. Not sinthetic unlike the other "WTA" suppliers. Communicate with Jerry at Aroma and he'll tell you how to incorporate it into you're juice. That might just solve your problem.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I agree with @stols001 WTA is your best bet. Don't know if you like tobacco though. For me its the closest thing to the real thing, so I love it. Aroma WTA contains nicotine in its natural form. Not sinthetic unlike the other "WTA" suppliers. Communicate with Jerry at Aroma and he'll tell you how to incorporate it into you're juice. That might just solve your problem.

Aroma is the best WTA, I agree, now if Umba moves out or if Aroma moves in to Kentucky then I'm in.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
In my experience, nicotine calms anxiety. Coffee with caffeine on the other hand... forget it! I can't drink it. Odd thing is, caffeine in tea doesn't bother me at all. Weird!

Unlike others, I didn't start smoking until my early 20's when my school and job training took on ridiculous hours of work, and the only way to stay awake for long periods of time were coffee and cigarettes. While it certainly acted as a stimulant in combination with caffeine, it was also useful for calming down under stress, so was, and still is, a nice dual use drug for me.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Unlike others, I didn't start smoking until my early 20's when my school and job training took on ridiculous hours of work, and the only way to stay awake for long periods of time were coffee and cigarettes. While it certainly acted as a stimulant in combination with caffeine, it was also useful for calming down under stress, so was, and still is, a nice dual use drug for me.

I, too, started in my early twenties. Though I started for for different reasons. I worked in a hospital that had a nursing school attached to it. All of the student nurses smoked, well...

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Vaping and Aroma WTA saved me from smoking. Now I use WTA purely for the taste and flavor. Like I said its the closest thing to a cigarette for me. I dilute a 15ml WTA with vg/pg to make 30-50ml....vape it straight like that. It lasts me ages that way.
When Umba came on the scene I tried their WTA but it didn't do anything for me. I did a simple test to see how long Aroma stays the same colour. I filled the glass dropper, cut off the rubber and left it on a window sill in the sun. After 5 months it was still the same lightish green colour. Its pure alkaloids and nothing else.
Umba came clear in the bottle, but turned brown after about a month. It wasn't even stored in the sun.
Now, we all know that nicotine and some flavors turns brown when ozydised. To me Umba's "WTA" is merely that...
This is how I left Aroma WTA in the sun. Notice the top is exposed to oxygen.
20190908_091823.jpg

The difference between the two. Aroma left. Umba right.
20190908_091555.jpg

Pippo3

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
Thank you everyone guys! Because of my bad english I wrote "nic free e-liquid" and not "zero nic e-liquid". Sorry :D By the way yes, I've tried zero nic e-liquid and I have no issues. With even a very low nicotine strength (1.5 mg/ml) I have agitation. It's so weird. I don't take additional medications or stimulants, just two cups of coffee (espresso) a day. My device is a Justfog Q16 and I've tried many different e-liquids with no results.

This ^

Maybe your body just doesn't need/want much nic anymore.

That's what I thought. But not with nicotine of tobacco cigarettes, and this is really odd..

Pippo3

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
I am going to suggest you get some low nicotine WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid juice, if you can get it where you are.) Most of the "non jittery" components of tobacco come from things other than nicotine although nicotine can play a role. They are sneaky things called MAOIs, and they are found in the tobacco leaf along with the tobacco. There is a process to extract those alkaloids and perhaps your brain has finally detoxed from them and is demanding MORE.

There are many folks who use WTA routinely, but I used A TON in the beginning and it helped me a lot. My brain LIKES nicotine but it LOVES the minor alkaloids.

You can buy it from Aroma e-liquid (pricy, but the best)
Umbvapes/Ohm's e liquids, (okay, not the greatest but some folks do fine with it.)

Stay the hell away from Mother's Milk it looks, tastes and acts exactly like dirt.

You can do a search on it if you want to find out more, etc.

However, until that time I would suggest low nic/ 0 nic alternating as Izan suggested.

Good luck,

Anna

Thank you Anna, it's very interesting. I didn't know what WTA juice was, and it seems really awesome according to all the comments here. But unfortunately there's nothing like that here in Italy. What a pity :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread