Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Hi all

I started vaping again after many years like a month ago. My set up atm is Aegis Solo (came with cerberus tank which leaked madly), currently using Aspire Tigon tank and I have an innokin zenith pro which I haven't try yet.

Is taking me a while to figure out what kind of vaper I am, still not 100% sure tho, I know I prefer DL over MTL but not at high wattages because I believe the vapour becomes to warm for me. I like the Tigon tank but is a little to restricted for my liking, I will like more airflow.

Questions:

1 - Is DL at higher wattage always a warm/hot vapour?
2 - What suggestion for a more loose DL tank with vapour not to warm.
3 - Worst case scenario if the cerberus won't stop leaking (I do like the options of several coil compatibility) would the Zeus top airflow be a good option or others?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
To answer your questions.

1: No. DL can be as cool or as hot as you wish. You are in control of the applied power. Your challenge is finding a happy medium between heat and the amount of vapor production.

2: Try mesh. Mesh is low in mass, therefore does not scale in heat as a typical wired coil. But it’s high surface area can give a plentiful vapor production. There are acceptations so YMMV

3: Too little info to say why your Cerberus is leaking. Perhaps a higher viscosity juice is needed. What is the VG ratio of the juice you are vaping? Or, there maybe a fault with the tank itself. If I understand correctly, the Cerberus coils follow the Smok TFV8 dimensions. If so, there are many compatible coils on the market. I’ve had much success with Vaporesso GT Core coils, most notably their mesh and ceramic (if you are comfortable with ceramic).

Reactions: Aliraonz

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    1 - Is DL at higher wattage always a warm/hot vapour?
    2 - What suggestion for a more loose DL tank with vapour not to warm.
    3 - Worst case scenario if the cerberus won't stop leaking (I do like the options of several coil compatibility) would the Zeus top airflow be a good option or others?

1 - I do restricted DL at roughly 12-15W. Not hot. Hate hot vape. I use 1.2ish ohm factory coils or self-made coils.

2 - I don't have a suggestion of you want a tank that takes factory coils. Sorry.

3 - Cerberus tank leaking...
    • Could be a bad coil (not enough wicking material?),
    • could be the coil needs screwed down better,
    • could be the oring at the chimney of the tank is damaged or missing,
    • could be the oring at the bottom of the coil head is damaged or missing.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thank you for your answers @Punk In Drublic. I'm glad to hear DL can be cooler than what I have experienced (which isn't much).

Can I use a coil under the recommended wattage? just wondering if it could get spoiled.

The cerberus I think the leaking it might have been a badly threaded coil, at my vape shop they changed the bottom O ring in case that was causing it but it still leaked. I have now bought a 70VG/30PG juice to try on it. I managed to unscrew the tank which was stuck and I will try another coil. I will get some of the mesh (vaporesso GT) ones next time I am around my vape shop.

Is there any tank with low wattage coils but better air flow than my tigon. I can DL on it by adjusting the way I vape lol

and I still need to figure it out how to post pics :unsure:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Can I use a coil under the recommended wattage?
    Yes... in fact it is generally better to do so. Maybe boost the power once in a while, then go back to lower power (I've had good luck doing that but it's a MTL tank)
    What VG/PG ratio juice were you using before?

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    That is good to know @vaper1960. I was just getting a 10 ml ejuice from the closest shop and tbh the box didn't even say the ratio. Then I bought the 70/30 ones to try once I can get my cerberus working.

I don't mind those sorts of hybrids tanks like Tigon, yet to try the zenith pro but I know I like an airier draw. So many options in terms of tanks that I get a bit lost lol.

This is what happens when one has been out of the game for a while. I do know I tend to have a little bit of "intolerance" I guess to nicotine, I can't go too much higher than 3%. I usually mix 6% with 0% to my liking or most likely until I stop coughing.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    and I still need to figure it out how to post pics

If the image is already hosted on another site like a pic hosting platform like imgur, just click the little picture icon (mountains) and paste in your image's URL.

If you want to upload a picture file from your device, then you'll have to use the media gallery icon (camera).

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    I did it :banana: I think :lol:

Attachments

• Mod Set up.jpg
      Mod Set up.jpg
      135.7 KB · Views: 16
    • Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There are people on this forum who claim they vape a very low wattages on the 0.4 ohm GT coils with no problems, no flooding/gurgling (and I have no reason to disbelieve them). So I agree you should try those before you trash the tank. I have a feeling the stock coil on that tank is defective or just sucks. Lots of people love the GT coils.

You can even try lower than 20W if 20W is too warm for you, see how it goes. If you start getting gurgling and flooding, then you know your wattage is too low.

Just an FYI: if you are into making you own coils, you can turn the Cerberus tank into an RTA by buying the iJoy EXO-S RBA (aka XS-1 RBA). It works in that tank. Single coil. Down side is it's hard to find. Just a seller on Amazon selling it in the USA as far as I can see and I've bought about half of mine through them. Not sure if they ship to NZ, though.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    That is good to know @vaper1960. I was just getting a 10 ml ejuice from the closest shop and tbh the box didn't even say the ratio. Then I bought the 70/30 ones to try once I can get my cerberus working.

I don't mind those sorts of hybrids tanks like Tigon, yet to try the zenith pro but I know I like an airier draw. So many options in terms of tanks that I get a bit lost lol.

This is what happens when one has been out of the game for a while. I do know I tend to have a little bit of "intolerance" I guess to nicotine, I can't go too much higher than 3%. I usually mix 6% with 0% to my liking or most likely until I stop coughing.
    Highly unlikely it is the nic causing the coughing. Might try adding a couple drops of distilled water to your tank. Max vg and dw works wonders for me.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thanks @AngeNZ fellow kiwi ;) (I'm a fake one tho, originally from South America :lol: and @UncleJunkle will definitely try the GT coils, as for rebuildables thanks for the info, who knows, maybe one day I might into them. Will try to get some GT coils this weekend or Monday to test them out. Can't wait.

@Letitia Maybe it isn't but the funny part is if I have low Nic or none I don't cough at all. Might give the distilled water a try because sometimes the kick isn't enough. I'm using nicotine patches to help with cravings but so far not as successful as I wanted.

Overall I have to say that the wide range of vape gear now compared to years ago is just wow. Makes a huge difference.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Overall I have to say that the wide range of vape gear now compared to years ago is just wow. Makes a huge difference.

And it also makes it really difficult to get started or even "back in the game" when you've been away for a while. Lot's of threads on here lately with newbs or people who've been gone and can't figure out what to buy. And it's really tough to make suggestions, too. Then you have a bajillion people saying buy this and buy that and it becomes even more confusing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread