Suggest an RTA for me (switching from drop-ins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eJohn

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2013
NJ, USA
Hello!

I am about to purchase a new DNA 250C box mod and was thinking of switching back to an RTA. I'm a direct to lungs vaper who likes flavor but not so much into clouds. I'm not new to the RTAs but I've been out of the scene for at least 4-5 years or so. Been using the drop-in tanks with replaceable coils (Big Baby, Aspire Odan Mini, etc). I remember starting out with the original Vicious Ant Kraken genesis tank and the last time was a Wotofo. I see that some things have changed. Mesh coils? How are those?

I originally was nearly set on the Aromamizer Ragnar RDTA but after watching a few videos, that thing puts out clouds like an extinguisher. I'd have to clean the glass in my little room daily.

Again, I'd like one that's good for flavor, ideally on the larger size diameter since my new box mod will be big, and not so much in the clouds department.

Thanks!

eJohn

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2013
NJ, USA
If your a flavor chaser Im more curious why your getting a big DNA250C? Most flavor chasers would be happier with a DNA75C and a good single coil RTA or RDA
I'm on a DNA75C right now which is slowly dying. I wanted to try the DNA250C to have options for more high-powered tanks in the future should I try to switch back and forwards.

eJohn

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2013
NJ, USA
@eJohn, since you mentioned Wotofo, mesh and genesis, take a look at the Wotofo Profile RDTA. I use it for DL, flavor to me seems good (mesh) and it can be a little cloudy but I think a lower VG might help with that.
Give it sometime, others should pop-in and you'll have plenty to check out.

I've watched some videos on it. Seems quite ingenious to use the rods. How do you like the mesh coils? How do they differ from regular coils in vape quality?
Also... are there replacement rods out there if the 4 get messed up?
I think I'm definitely going for this tank with and also the OXVA Arbiter which is a 28 mm tank.
Thanks!

• Winner
Reactions: Seiggy

eJohn

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2013
NJ, USA
If u go for coil atty I suggest the oxva arbiter rta..
It's new and it's very good atty at 26mm
Can use both single and double coil with good performance
Many good rtas
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'm getting this along with the Profile RDTA since I want to try some mesh coils with the Profile. Upon looking at sites, the Arbiter is actually a 28mm tank so I'm liking that too.

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
How do you like the mesh coils? How do they differ from regular coils in vape quality?
Also... are there replacement rods out there if the 4 get messed up?
Q1) I love mesh coils. They have replaced most of my toppers in my barn. Reason to me is mesh coils make the flavor pop. (What I've not attempted yet is to run a simple/complex normal coil is a mesh topper - on my bucket list).
Q2) To me, flavor is more intense. Thicker vapor and more dense. Mesh is a DL type vape.
Q3) There may be replacement rods but I've not seen them available personally.

NOTE: The rods have one end spot welded so they don't fall apart over time. MAKE SURE YOU INSERT THE SPOT WELD SECTION INTO THE TANK. If you have the spot weld end next to your cotton you will have a juice flow problem. Just FYI

Good Luck and have some fun

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
It's a big RTA but worth it: Siegfried with the wotofo mesh strip. It's big and takes 7ml of liquid but you will be surprised. Other one is the Kylin M, again with the wotofo mesh strips. At 47W and with 70/30 liq its the best (until there apears something better)..... Using the Siegfried on a Argus GT and the Kylin M on a 75C. Beware of the wicking and the amount of cotton, it's a learning curve but we have Youtube for that.

Beco

Reactions: eJohn

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I also vote for the OXVA Arbiter. Just got one and have been vaping it for a week now. Never vaped a better atty. Flavor for days, holds a ton of juice, and no leaks from a bottom airflow.

How easy is the Arbiter to wick? I've got an Aromamizer Lite that I'm having trouble wicking correctly, it always leaks (might also be because my juice is 60/40). Been thinking of trying a new RTA instead of squonking all the time, and the Arbiter stood out.

Phr0stByte

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2011
Virginia is for vapers
How easy is the Arbiter to wick? I've got an Aromamizer Lite that I'm having trouble wicking correctly, it always leaks (might also be because my juice is 60/40). Been thinking of trying a new RTA instead of squonking all the time, and the Arbiter stood out.
I find it extremely easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread