suggest/link me wire (TC, non TC, round, exotic, MTL, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
I have a dna75 single 18650 that I take out with me.
I just ordered a bunch of small'ish MTL clones to use with it (Spica, Prime, V5, Millie, Gate).

I also have a DNA250C triple 18650 that I use at home.

I never used TC and don't really want to learn it nor power curves but might have to learn that later if I feel the need to. I already prefer and am grateful for escribe customization so maybe TC and curves won't be a PITA to add.

I couldn't get DNA250C's idiot-proof Replay Mode to work the one time I tried it with a dual SS fused clapton (others have had this problem, maybe it was the tank I was using).

For DNA250C bigger builds, I just ordered an Aromamizer V2 Plus RTA. And a Fatality 25mm. Fatality I might also use on the DNA75 with a smaller coil so battery easily lasts a day.

I'm guessing for the smaller MTL tanks to get round 316L if I do TC, and for wattage mode some Kanthal. I'm OK with even buying a DNA75C for Replay mode if the MOD is small sized though.

I really don't like ramp up time even with smaller coils, so maybe I should just learn TC and get 316L wire? For the DNA250C builds, ramp up would be long but I'm hoping Replay Mode will easily solve that.

Not sure which gauges.

And/or maybe for the MTL smaller builds get some thin clapton or something besides round? I don't want to kill the battery fast though but am OK with smaller puffs.

I already have some all-SS 316L Geek Vape Fused Clapton 26ga * 2 + 30ga, so that should be good for the bigger builds and Replay.

Thank you

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Can't speak to the fancy dna mods, but I do know I've had excellent luck almost negating ramp time with TC on even the most basic mods. I've only used SS wire, but pretty much stick to juggernaut wire. Mind you this is all with restricted DL builds, but I don't see why a simple Clapton or even dual core shouldn't work well for that.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I've got to experiment a little with some Vandy Vape SS316L MTL fused clapton wire @ 3mm ID and 6 wraps, thinking that it may well be interesting.

Could you please tell us what your goto coil is though, maybe we could come up with some better ideas then. But I was thinking Nichrome for your wattage/power builds and NiFe, Ti or SS alloys for TC.

The only real issue is what limitations that the deck you're using imposes on the coil that you can use @vapesmooth123.

And for Kanthal, Temco seems to be one of the best places to buy from. Zivipf also stocks resistance wire too.

Reactions: stols001

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    What about the NiFe30, so it's an interpretation on Resistitherm wire by Dicodes.

NiFe30 - Zivipf Onlineshop

So I was wondering about how accurate the NiFe30 TFR files you can download from steam-engine.org would be?

No idea as I don't use mods that use 'TFR' files. I'd assume they would be accurate for which ever wire type your using. The 'Steam Engine' data is known to be fairly accurate.

My main uses are older YiHi and Dicodes mods. (I've had only one failure over the years) When I mix up juice with flavor I'll use Squankers (mainly Pico Squeeze2's with Artic Fox firmware, see profile image for some of my Squanker/BF collection)

Both the YIHI and Dicodes chips have "set once and forget" resistance setting. None of this "new coil" nonsense that some brands have that I find annoying.

I'm an older vaper and like the the keep it simple principal. NiFE48, 405 as the TCR, mostly simple 6-8 wrap single coils 2.5-3MM ID @ 380-400F with ~25-30W power.

While I'm not blowing 'clouds' with these kinds of setups the whole object to the exercise to me is to emulate smoking and get nicotine into my system. Sometimes with flavor added and many times not. Most of my RTA's in service use unflavored juice.

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread