Not open for further replies.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
20% is just my guess

Thanks.

I actually did a little digging, and Leaford says here that the 65mm are 220 mAh, and the 78mm are 320 mAh. If that's correct, it's actually ~45% more mAh. I have a feeling he meant 280 mAh, though (standard for 65mm KR808D-1 batteries), which is a ~14% difference.

Looking at the miniPCC, I think I may pick up some 78mm batts and mod my miniPCC to work with it. I don't think I'll have any trouble removing the lip that holds the mini in place and replacing it with a removable/fold down divider. Maybe even spring loaded, which I think leaford posted was the plan for eventually making a full size like the mini.

I think there is plenty of room in the miniPCC for both size batts, it's just a matter of how to hold them against the threadless charger contacts.

This is actually a great idea. It never really dawned on me that there's room in the charging section for the longer batteries (and there is, I measured). I'd be very interested in whatever you come up with.

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
The size difference is about 20% though, and in a bat using the same technology, I would think the capacity difference would go along with that...

The best measure of battery capacity is mAh, though. :)

Either way, the estimates are close enough to tell me that I'm happy with the 65mm batteries charge life.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Well me being a Noob, I'm going to watch this thread to see about that 20% length or 20% battery life. Kind of a bummer theres no PCC for the 78 mm bats though.

It's definitely the battery life difference... we already know 78 is longer than 65! LOL. It is the whole point of being bigger, there is more battery so it lasts longer. And yes, their PCC isn't currently available. But if you don't want to wait you could use any other one made for the same kind of battery.

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
does this PCC hold a small bloog 65mm batt? if so it would be nice as a supplement to the miniPCC... the main issue with the bloog mini is that there's no space for cartos, but the PCC batt size is fine. i get around 4 charges which is fine for all day...

i really miss my 510 PCC thats similar to this design. very nice to grab a cig pack size pcc with a bunch of cartos for all day.

their site only shows a pic of the front, since you have one, could you post a pic of the inside?
a number of these M602C PCCs are showing up, so if the 65mm batts fit, there's alot of places to get one.

redempti0N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
staten island USA
does this PCC hold a small bloog 65mm batt? if so it would be nice as a supplement to the miniPCC... the main issue with the bloog mini is that there's no space for cartos, but the PCC batt size is fine. i get around 4 charges which is fine for all day...

i really miss my 510 PCC thats similar to this design. very nice to grab a cig pack size pcc with a bunch of cartos for all day.

their site only shows a pic of the front, since you have one, could you post a pic of the inside?
a number of these M602C PCCs are showing up, so if the 65mm batts fit, there's alot of places to get one.

you can fit 2 cartos in the space above the battery in the pcc

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
you can fit 2 cartos in the space above the battery in the pcc

true.. i usually do that. since i carry two batts, i always have an assembled one in my pocket and the spare with two cartos in the case. it's great that way for going out and having a slim pcc. however, the bigger 510 style PCC is great since it holds a battery charging, the spare, and 5-6 cartos. so if you're putting it away, you can keep everything in the case.

if you've ever pulled apart the miniPCC you'll see there's some room for improvement. its still the smallest PCC i've seen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread