Suggestions for improvements to the VV Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardonius

Nov 16, 2011
MD
So I would like to make this post to make a couple of suggestions to improve the VV website and to make the customer experience even better. So here's the situation that prompted me to make this post.

Approximate a week ago I made an order from VV that included a custom flavor (Mountain Dew for those interested...amazing btw). I also order a bunch of hardware as I was running low on the cartomizers that I normally use. Specifically I ordered one of the new Mini ViVi Novas. Along with it I ordered a set of 2.8 ohm replacement heads and a silver replacement tube (as the above mentioned Mountain Dew flavor is rather acidic and I didn't want the plastic cracking). Both of these items were listed on the website as in stock when I ordered. In fact the only reason I ordered the 2.8 ohm heads was because the 1.8 and 2.4 were both listed as out of stock. Also the black replacement tube was listed as out of stock but that wasn't so much of a problem as I actually wanted the silver.

The problem comes today when I received an email stating that both the 2.8 replacement heads and the silver replacement tubes are now out of stock (even though they were in stock according to the website when I ordered). This was a slight boon on the heads as I actually wanted the 2.4 originally but was OK since I have a Variable Voltage battery. The replacement tube on the other hand is somewhat annoying. I have the dark blue kGos and a silver eGo-C VV. The only color offered that really goes with the batteries I have at all is the silver (as there is no blue tube...and no teal doesn't count). Honestly had I known the tubes were going to be out I would have ordered one with my next order instead of having to choose from colors that I have no desire to really own (but will use regardless).

Now for the suggestions part. I have two suggestions and either or both would help to alleviate this kind of problem in the future:

1. When an order comes through set aside the hardware for the order and then add the e-liquid to the order when that is finished being made. I understand that this could be difficult depending on the amount of space one has available and would require additional levels of organization in your location than required without it. This way, though, when a customer orders something they can be contacted immediately if their desired piece is out of stock, or their part won't go out of stock between ordering and shipping (which can be a not insignificant amount of time in the case of custom orders). It is possible that someone who has a higher order number will get the last piece of an item when it is also on the order of someone with a lower order number.

2. This suggestion would be harder to implement (from a technical perspective) but ultimately would likely mean less work in the long run for everyone involved in the website (and could actually negate much of the usefullness of suggestion 1). The main suggestion would be to have an inventory control system whose database is connected directly to your website. This would provide many advantages. You could have the website automatically list items as out of stock, or options on items as out of stock without having to manually update the website when these situations occur (as I suspect you currently do). You could even program in special messages in the descriptions of items that only appear if certain options are out of stock, or if an Item is unavailable it could have an expected restock date that can be updated as events unfold (I'm thinking of the KCM issue a few months back). Also when someone places an order, the website could automatically decrement your current stock thus ensuring that (assuming your inventory logs are correct) if I can order and item, I will get the exact item I ordered as if I order the last one, the next person will be unable to regardless of custom flavor or not.

My apologies for the wall o' text but I wanted to be clear. Also please note that this is not an angry post, I am still quite satisfied with the customer service and simply amazing quality of Virgin Vapor. I just had some ideas that I think will make your business even more successful, cut down on the amount of time spent by customer service personnel in having to deal with emailing customers about out of stock items, etc. As your business continues to grow (and as I hope it does even moreso in the future) I think some of these suggestions will help with what I'm sure are some not inconsiderable growing pains.

Regards,
Nardonius

EDIT: I just looked and thought it worth noting that the black and silver are still listed as available on the VV website and there are no replacement heads available on the VV website currently despite being told less than 6 hours ago that two types of replacement heads were available and that black and silver tubes are sold out.

Last edited:

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
I think the website is fine however I would like some kind of estimate on how long juice orders are going to take to be created.

Kitty, I need my virgin vapors! I'm starting to freak out man lol

The homepage still notes that we are experiencing delays due to the move. Annette is mixing in labs in TWO locations. I promise we're all working very hard, and long hours to get orders out as quickly as possible! Our apologies for the delays! The only other alternative would have been to CLOSE for a couple of weeks and I can't imagine the uproar if we'd had to take that route! :)

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
My most recent order shipped really fast...i skipped the extra flavor....does that help?
Hang in there VV Team....I feel bad for you....moving is exhausting! Hugs
((((hugs)))) backatcha! Yes, the custom mixed orders are taking longer than usual. Don't get me wrong, we love being so busy, and we love every single order and we love our customers!! :) Another couple weeks and we should be back on track. :)

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
The homepage still notes that we are experiencing delays due to the move. Annette is mixing in labs in TWO locations. I promise we're all working very hard, and long hours to get orders out as quickly as possible! Our apologies for the delays! The only other alternative would have been to CLOSE for a couple of weeks and I can't imagine the uproar if we'd had to take that route! :)

I think even with the move VV is getting the orders out pretty reasonably!! I ordered a couple bottles with custom mix pg/vg on 2/25. My order shipped on 3/4 and it is now safely delivered. That's quick IMO.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Cherrycakes, I heard what happened to one of our customer's orders and just saw this thread and realized it was for you. My apologies! We've only had this happen twice before due to a technical glitch. Our software occasionally drops an order so it doesn't show up in our order queue until much later. We are going to be upgrading our website so it shouldn't happen again. Again, I'm so sorry! I know a refund was issued for you and I can assure you this is a rare occurrence and I hope you'll give us another chance!

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
Yea Thanks. I would also like to apologize. Apparently my refund has been received but when I emailed the bank one person told me it had not came through and then FILED a CLAIM without asking me. Then when I called back later they said they had received the refund and it was going to take like 10 days and closed the claim. Thanks wells fargo lol
Once again I apologize for being cranky and I still love you guys. Wells fargo on the other hand, lol :p

SunshyneGurl

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Florida
Suggestion....

A "Recipe" page where you can post a list of some of the good, interesting or shockingly tasty concoctions VV customers have discovered :thumb:

or...

On each Flavor page include a "Recipe Suggestion" (either a link or post directly on flavor page) where you list some recipes and the suggestions for additional flavors to purchase to create that particular recipe.

Ex. I'm on the Strawberry Granita page and I see "Recipe Suggestions" and remember that I wanted to order the Pillow Dreams or Death by Chocolate with it. Thanks to seeing a small list of recipe suggestions, I can remember to get the additional flavors I need to make the recipes I've seen and wanted to try! Now it's easier for me to order now that I can see the Recipe Suggestions and possibly have a link to the "suggested" flavors! :thumb:

If it's possible, it will help us (VV customers) to be more creative by being our own Mixologists (and possibly gain new "Favorite" flavors in the process) and help you guys by gaining more juice orders! Win-Win! :thumbs:

I think I described it better on another thread... I'll have to search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread