Suggestions for new cartos for my IBTanked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I really like the smok carts, but am not too fond of the either 2.0 ohm or 3.2 ohm resistances offered. I have tried some Boge (unflanged) that come in around 2.6-3.0 range, and while I like the flavor/vapor production, they are either too tight or too loose in my tanks and as such are hard to get in place or keep in place without the flange, I also find them to be too tight of a draw. I probably want to keep the flange, unless there is another brand that would fit nicely and stay snug. And I would like to hit the 2.4-2.7 ohm range (sweet spot on my mech for the juice I prefer). At 2 ohms on a fresh battery the hit is pretty hard, but not so much that I dislike it (just have to pulse my mod when it is fully charged), but at 3.2 ohms it is weak once it drops past 4V. I do have a kick, but dislike the performance, it just doesn't hit the same as an unregulated mech. And, yes I have regulated devices, but have found a real liking for the mechs. Also, not to be rude, but I am not looking for advice on a new mod, or anyone telling me that a mech is not properly suited to the task (like I said, the 2 ohm gives a great experience once it drops past 4V) just something with a flange (preferably pre-punched, though I have a tool) that comes in around 2.4-2.7 ohms. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thats a tough one for use as we have a hard enough time keeping two resistances in the three sizes.

You should be able to use just about any cartomizer from anyone though provided it is the right length for your tank. Best I could suggest is to purchase a few from different sources and decide which you like best.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm running the 2ohm smok carts on both of my mechs now, and just have to remember to go easy through the start of a fresh battery. It's really only my all day juice (cinnamon red hot/menthol custom blend) that chokes me up at almost 9 watts, the ride from 8.5 down to 6 watts is quite pleasant. Even if I can't find a decent 2.4 - 2.6ohm cart, I am quite satisfied with my current setups. And on my new Stingray X in 18350 mode with a standard length tank it is about 5 inches long and perfectly pocketable.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Yeah, the size with the kick isn't the issue, the pulsing is... it just doesn't seem as smooth a hit, and sucks these little batteries dry in half the time.
All that said, I've really been enjoying my 22mm standard on the Stingray x with the hybrid adapter today, with a 2ohm cart. Short throw on the switch, smooth and great tasting vape, and hardly noticeable in my pocket. My 19mm standard looks a little odd on my Black Copper Stingray, so I see another 22 in my near future. I wanted to use a halfling, but the 19mm I have doesn't wick fast enough for any heavy use (even with four holes) so I am weary about a 22mm halfling. The last thing I want is to have to top it off or prime on the go.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I have never noticed a pulsing on my kicks, are you talking about the real deal or the knockoffs? Might just be that I dont tune into it but the Kicks I have from evolve seem to be pretty solid with the biggest issue for most being the low limit on them but that isnt an issue for me as I vape around 8W and some devices that only go down to 7W sometimes make me wish I could turn them down a little.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
It is a clone, smoktech.
By the way, I just dropped and broke my original 22mm standard tank, so I put in a second order for a new glass, you can group the orders to cut shopping costs down (not asking to remove the charges, just figured I could save you the costs of packaging and shipping separately).
Sad little panda here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread