Suggestions for Single coil RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Hello everyone,
So I find my vape journey meeting another evolutionary crossroad and I need some suggestions. I am looking for a good direct lung hit, single coil RTA, but don't want something that is going to be a juice thirsty pig either. I have never owned a single coil RTA and am way out of my element here. I will be pairing the tank up with the VP Drag2 mod and would like to be able to run it around 45 to 65 watts or even on temp control. I am vacating the monsterous tanks and high wattage cloud chasing rigs for a more compact and refined style of vaping. I'm tired of vaping through 120ml of juice every 3 days running 6mm ID fused claptons in the Modfather Voltrove 41mm tank on top of a 4s lipo box. I used to think it was kind of cool to have big powerful boxes and large RDA and RTA's with crazy builds in them, especially when I was entering outlaw class cloud comps all the time.

However, my lifestyle and daily schedule has changed rather dramatically and I no longer have time for such events. I am a 47 year old full time college student working on my BA & MBA all at the same time and working 30 plus hours a week as well. I just want to be able to get good flavor, save on juice and wicking material, and have a rather compact and portable rig that the batteries will last me the day with. I no longer have the desire to cart around 240ml of e-liquid, 4 battery cells, and a lunchbox sized mod that has what looks like a redbull can ontop of it for an atomizer everywhere I go. I have looked into Pod systems but have yet to find one that delivers what I need to be satisfied. I would like to be able to build a nice single fused clapton out of 316ss and be able to vape conservatively using lower wattage or possibly temperature control and not guzzle e-liquid like an alcohol burning top fuel dragster or tax my batteries to where they are dead in 2.5 hours. Anyone with an idea what it is that would satisfy these needs I would appreciate your input as I am way out of my element here and thank you.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Juggerknot mini and Zeus single are my pics, could be paraoh mini too, but is aged enough,

Temp control will bring safe vaping without dry hits, but is kinda hard get the great point, so, be sure to have a dna bassed mod or some asmodus like colossal, single battery and 85W power is more than great for temp control, im running a colossal that has never let me down,

Regards,

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I'm enjoying the qp Juggerknot mini authentic and 1:1 clone. AF is slightly restricted but not much. Top af makes it an easy carry as well. There are many good single coil rtas out now so you have a lot of options.

You own a Squid Industries Peacemaker as well, yes? Thoughts? Been enjoying mine although it tends to leak a bit. Nothing major, just a piddle every once in a while.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You own a Squid Industries Peacemaker as well, yes? Thoughts? Been enjoying mine although it tends to leak a bit. Nothing major, just a piddle every once in a while.
Haven't gotten around to it yet.:oops: Bottom af rtas always get pushed to the back of the to do list.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello everyone,
So I find my vape journey meeting another evolutionary crossroad and I need some suggestions. I am looking for a good direct lung hit, single coil RTA, but don't want something that is going to be a juice thirsty pig either. I have never owned a single coil RTA and am way out of my element here. I will be pairing the tank up with the VP Drag2 mod and would like to be able to run it around 45 to 65 watts or even on temp control. I am vacating the monsterous tanks and high wattage cloud chasing rigs for a more compact and refined style of vaping. I'm tired of vaping through 120ml of juice every 3 days running 6mm ID fused claptons in the Modfather Voltrove 41mm tank on top of a 4s lipo box. I used to think it was kind of cool to have big powerful boxes and large RDA and RTA's with crazy builds in them, especially when I was entering outlaw class cloud comps all the time.

However, my lifestyle and daily schedule has changed rather dramatically and I no longer have time for such events. I am a 47 year old full time college student working on my BA & MBA all at the same time and working 30 plus hours a week as well. I just want to be able to get good flavor, save on juice and wicking material, and have a rather compact and portable rig that the batteries will last me the day with. I no longer have the desire to cart around 240ml of e-liquid, 4 battery cells, and a lunchbox sized mod that has what looks like a redbull can ontop of it for an atomizer everywhere I go. I have looked into Pod systems but have yet to find one that delivers what I need to be satisfied. I would like to be able to build a nice single fused clapton out of 316ss and be able to vape conservatively using lower wattage or possibly temperature control and not guzzle e-liquid like an alcohol burning top fuel dragster or tax my batteries to where they are dead in 2.5 hours. Anyone with an idea what it is that would satisfy these needs I would appreciate your input as I am way out of my element here and thank you.
Hi and welcome back,
I know you seem committed to the Voopoo mod, however:
A dovpo topside and a wotofo recurve rda should check every box.
You'll thank me later.

Cheers
I

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Hi and welcome back,
I know you seem committed to the Voopoo mod, however:
A dovpo topside and a wotofo recurve rda should check every box.
You'll thank me later.

Cheers
I
I already own the Drag2 as it was purchased for me as a father's day gift so now I am looking for a single coil rebuildable tank system to pair with the mod I have over 75 RDA's and want to get away from dripping as well as the BFT 30mm, Voltrove 41mm, Heraklese 25mm dual coil RTA's for a single coil Tank. I also already own the recurve RDA so, while it is a very very nice single coil RDA it isn't checking the box for what I am looking for and unfortunately the OBS Engine Nano is no longer available as it is the only single coil RTA I do have experience with.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Juggerknot mini and Zeus single are my pics, could be paraoh mini too, but is aged enough,

Temp control will bring safe vaping without dry hits, but is kinda hard get the great point, so, be sure to have a dna bassed mod or some asmodus like colossal, single battery and 85W power is more than great for temp control, im running a colossal that has never let me down,

Regards,
I have the VooPoo drag2 which has a very decent temp control option and a really nice wattage or power mode. I think that the top 3 chips on the market today are DNA, YiHi SX, and the Gene chip. The Gene chip is more limiting than the other two as far as user interface upgradeability but it is an excellent chip non the less. Who makes the Zeus single and I have never heard of the Juggerknot?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I have the VooPoo drag2 which has a very decent temp control option and a really nice wattage or power mode. I think that the top 3 chips on the market today are DNA, YiHi SX, and the Gene chip. The Gene chip is more limiting than the other two as far as user interface upgradeability but it is an excellent chip non the less. Who makes the Zeus single and I have never heard of the Juggerknot?

Zeus is from Geekvape. The Juggerknot Mini is from QP Design. Shameless Canadian plug :D

qp Design

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
zeus RTA is a GeekVape product, take a watch:
Zeus RTA

juggernot is made by QP desing:
JuggerKnot RTA

Regards,

Madmodder

Jun 17, 2019
Folkestone, Kent, UK.
Hi. If you don't mind dripping? I use a small 22mm RDA, the Infinite V3 mini. I wind a .4 ohm coil (for mech) or a 1ohm coil on a regulated box type mod and both sides of airflow open. It's giving constant full flavour and isn't quite so heavy on the juice. You can just install 1 coil. I also have a 22mm Vortice RDA with just 1 coil installed, equally flavoursome.
I could always attach pics if it helps...

Reactions: Heartsdelight

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Ammit 25 RTA bottom afc GeekVape
Zeus RTA 25mm top afc GeekVape
Centaur RTA 24mm top afc HotCig
Crius2 RTA 25mm bottom afc OBS
Govad RTA 24mm bottom afc VandyVape
Revolver RTA 25mm bottom afc VandyVape
Intake RTA 24mm top afc AugVape
Wasp nano RTA 23mm side afc Oumier (Restricted DL)
Kelpie RTA 25mm bottom afc Ehpro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread