suggestions on a carto tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdub82

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Houston, TX
I'm looking to buy a carto tank to use with my mvp2 and I'm curious what your suggestions are. I've never used a cartomizer before. I've been using an areotank, iclear30, and a bunch of cheap clearomizer tanks. I'm going to invest into a Kayfun, but I also wanted to tryout some carto tanks as well. I'm really just trying to try everything to find what I like best. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another vote for IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks - Review. :thumb:

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

MVP_IBTanked.jpg IBTanked on MVP

There's a good reason these tanks are so popular. High end quality at an inexpensive price.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
IBtanked. Only other I would get is Phiniac but they are quite a bit more expensive. I have two and loved them, only stopped using them for rebuildables. Still have them though.

Phiniacs are more expensive for a reason. The glass is quite a bit thicker and goes through a special annealing process.

By all means, get an IBTanked to see if you like carto tanks

If you do like carto tanks I HIGHLY recommend getting a Phiniac or two. Not only are the designs top notch but the owners Chris and Jennifer will work with you to design a custom logo of your very own.

I'm rough on my equipment and have been through 4 IBTanks.....all of them shattered within a month of use...... versus one Phiniac that got dropped once too many times on a tile floor and still managed to last a year.

My other two Phiniac tanks are still going strong at the 2 year mark. YMMV

Last edited:

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Phiniacs are more expensive for a reason. The glass is quite a bit thicker and goes through a special annealing process.

If you do like carto tanks I HIGHLY recommend getting a Phiniac or two. Not only are the designs top notch but the owners Chris and Jennifer will work with you to design a custom logo of your very own.

I'm rough on my equipment and have been through 4 IBTanks.....all of them shattered within a month of use...... versus one Phiniac that got dropped once too many times on a tile floor and still managed to last a year.

Wasn't trying to say they aren't worth the extra expense, just saying they are. I used my IBT's heavily with no breaks. Again, YMMV. I do really like the owners of IBT as well. I had planned on trying Phiniac as well but got into rebuilds before I got the chance.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
You can't go wrong with either an IBTank or phiniac. I have an MVP with a phiniac tank, and a ProVari with an IBTank. The flavor and performance are great with both. That being said, I got a Kayfun for my other ProVari and it really does surpass the carto tanks in both flavor and vapor production. I have had the same coil for about 3 weeks now with no change in resistance and have only had to rewick it when changing liquid. Rewicking is super easy. There is actually a lot less maintenance with it than I expected.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I have used IBTanked pyrex tanks for over a year. I have at least a dozen of them in different diameters and lengths. I'm hard on my equipment (clumsy) and have never had an IBTanked crack yet.

Maybe I just have bad luck with them then. My last Ibtanked went flying out of my hand.....I was reconnecting with a cousin I hadnt seen in 15 years and we were a little drunk.....I started to slip and threw my hand out for balance and my Provari and the tank kept going........about 12 feet onto a hard tile floor.

The Provari made it but the IBTanked didnt.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

I second getting Phiniac tanks. They provide the best seals of any tank on the market. They NEVER leak.

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
+1 for IBTanked.

I have 3 complete set-ups and 4 spare tubes on hand. My very first did not survive ... Travertine + glass = devastated owner.
Keep spare tubes on hand, They are inexpensive and easily replaced.

That being said it is the only one I have broken. My most recent heart attack involved my lanyard snapping directly above an asphalt parking lot, Provari and IBTank both survived without even a scratch however my favorite acrylic drip tip did not.

This is some very durable glass but it is still glass and care should be taken.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
...!

Everyone is giving you crap advice!

If your going to buy a kayfun, first off buy the kfl plus, secondly give your self a pat on the back, great move.

BUT DONT BUY A CARTO TANK. ..,! You will never touch it again after your first hit off the kf.

Listen I started with carto tanks, nothing wrong with them, ibtanked is great, they are pretty, but functionality no better than any Pyrex tank with metal end caps, as far as carto tanks go, that's what you want, I have ten different ones, none leak . I have a bunch of different ones I'll sell you if you want Pm me BC I'm probably not going to check back on this thread, no offense, I just don't use carto tanks anymore.

If you have the will, brains, time etc. To rebuild, kf is excellent choice. Don't waste your money on the stepping stone. Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
...!

Everyone is giving you crap advice!

If your going to buy a kayfun, first off buy the kfl plus, secondly give your self a pat on the back, great move.

BUT DONT BUY A CARTO TANK. ..,! You will never touch it again after your first hit off the kf.

Listen I started with carto tanks, nothing wrong with them, ibtanked is great, they are pretty, but functionality no better than any Pyrex tank with metal end caps, as far as carto tanks go, that's what you want, I have ten different ones, none leak . I have a bunch of different ones I'll sell you if you want Pm me BC I'm probably not going to check back on this thread, no offense, I just don't use carto tanks anymore.

If you have the will, brains, time etc. To rebuild, kf is excellent choice. Don't waste your money on the stepping stone. Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I dont think theyre giving him crap advice... I have KFL+s, Zen Attys, etc. Once I got my IBTankeds, those when on a shelf and havent been used since! Itll be to to him to find what he likes. Everyones different!

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Bottom line is that the vapor from a kf us exponentially better in every way possible compared to that of a carto tank. If you prefer an inferior vape that would make sense. Please elaborate on that. What, it's easier, once you have it set up (kf) it's way easier than priming a carto. Building takes time skill effort but if you are going to be getting into rebuildables, as stated. then it's a pretty simple one at that. I understand trying new things, hell I'm the king of the next best thing, I'm vaping rayon wick out of a fogger v4 right now. But a carto tank compared to the kayfun, gimmie a break.

Now to be fair, I'd usually ask what setup you plan on pushing your atty with but with a kf you can build it to run off a freaking spinner!

I don't care either way I just don't like to see people who are new getting talked into spending their money on stuff they don't need. Some people are skimping by saving up for that kf Clone ya know.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Bottom line is that the vapor from a kf us exponentially better in every way possible compared to that of a carto tank. If you prefer an interior vape that would make sense. Please elaborate on that. What, it's easier, once you have it set up (kf) it's way easier than priming a carto. Building takes time skill effort but if you are going to be getting into rebuildables, as stated. then it's a pretty simple one at that. I understand trying new things, hell I'm the king of the next best thing, I'm vaping rayon wick out of a fogger v4 right now. But a carto tank compared to the kayfun, gimmie a break.

Now to be fair, I'd usually ask what setup you plan on pushing your atty with but with a kf you can build it to run off a freaking spinner!

I don't care either way I just don't like to see people who are new getting talked into spending their money on stuff they don't need. Some people are skimping by saving up for that kf Clone ya know.

But the OP ASKED about carto tanks we are not talking him/her into anything. Just answering the question asked.

Realistically I use my carto tanks more than my russian. I use my drippers more than either. I tend to vape tank cracker juices which means on my russian I have to use the all metal tank option and I really HATE not being able to see the juice level.

As for ease of setup I can get either the russian or the carto tank setup in 10 minutes or less. For me it is 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread