Suggestions on upgrade of current set-up - Segelei / TFV4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyckedscepter

Dec 16, 2015
Hey All,

I have not been keeping up with innovations / new products coming out, I wondering / asking for suggestions if worth upgrading my current system. I'm not super cash strapped, but don't want to spend a bundle as well.

I have a:

Box mod: sigelei 150w non temperature control box mod
Tank: SMOKTECH TFV4 SUB-OHM TANK
Replacement Heads: Triple coil replacement heads
Batteries: efest 2500 mAh 35A batteries, and brand new Sigelei 2500 mAh, 3.7V batteries

I run the set-up at 80w - 100w, 3mg - 6mg nic juice, vape a good part of the day. I'm a bit of a cloud chaser, but don't want to sacrifice flavor. Generally happy with my system, wondering if there are better tanks / boxes out there. Don't really want to mess with re-buildable stuff right now.

Have seen / heard on some of the temperature control stuff, the new Sigelei FUCHAI 200W TC, any tanks people like better?

Any suggestions / thoughts?

Thanks!

NGGrant

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2015
Richmond VA
The tank you have is great if you get a good TC Mod you can try the TC coils for it, or try some of the new Clapton kanthal coils.

As far as mods check out the Reuleaux RX200 it would definetly feel like an upgrade from the sig150.

And for batteries check out mooch's reviews in the batteries and chargers subforum especially at the LG hg2 ;).

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Asked myself the same question. My Sig 150 does it for me. I get a satisfying vape with my tanks and RDA's. I don't feel a need to get something different. I can usually try new gear from my B&M for a week or two and yes it helps to have a friend that owns a shop. Anyway I tried a SX mini M class and a Sig 150 TC, but didn't find anything that would justify a new mod or anything for me atm. I might buy new this summer I'm sure the next latest and greatest will be kicked around then. TC is interesting but it wasn't that game changer that I'm looking for.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I'd built a couple of DNA 40's when they hit the ground and cut everything loose before TC made it's big jumps. If there's nothing 100% game changing by mid summer I might jump on something DNA 200 based. Been keeping an eye on a couple of cheapy Chinese manufacturers that put out Evolv based mods. Prices now are around $130 to $150 plus or minus. Prices should fall even more when I'll look into it and if the mod falls apart in a month or so I'll still have a Evolv board to transplant. Anyway good luck in your search lot's of nice mods on the market.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Stick with your current tank if you like it (they are all I use any more), dump the triple and pick up the quad coils. Night and day flavor and cloud difference. Pick up some TC coils if you want to play with TC. Look at the RX200 mentioned above. That is going to be my next mod to replace my Ipv3 li for work duty.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Hey All,

I have not been keeping up with innovations / new products coming out, I wondering / asking for suggestions if worth upgrading my current system. I'm not super cash strapped, but don't want to spend a bundle as well.

I have a:

Box Mod: Sigelei 150w non temperature control box mod
Tank: SMOKTECH TFV4 SUB-OHM TANK
Replacement Heads: Triple coil replacement heads
Batteries: efest 2500 mAh 35A batteries, and brand new Sigelei 2500 mAh, 3.7V batteries

I run the set-up at 80w - 100w, 3mg - 6mg nic juice, vape a good part of the day. I'm a bit of a cloud chaser, but don't want to sacrifice flavor. Generally happy with my system, wondering if there are better tanks / boxes out there. Don't really want to mess with re-buildable stuff right now.

Have seen / heard on some of the temperature control stuff, the new Sigelei FUCHAI 200W TC, any tanks people like better?

Any suggestions / thoughts?

Thanks!
Aromamizer 6ml, build ur own coils
Sx mini ml class, small, many features

And call it a day lols

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Same boat here,been using the DOVPO E-Mech for a while now,purchased 2 TFV4's and I guess I need more power.Is the Reuleaux any good for those tanks ?

I use TFV4's exclusively now and had them on my Ipv3 li. I recently picked up a Reuleaux and it is my favorite mod I have owned since I started vaping and I have been through quite a few mods. I am actually going to pick up another one just for a backup because they are so awesome. If you don't need all of the features of the DNA chip then the Wismec version may be the best vape deal going right now as far as bang for the buck. They can be had for under $40. I paid a little more for mine because I didn't want to wait.

I was swapping batteries in my 3li halfway through the day and with 3 LG 3000mah batteries in my Reuleaux I am charging it every 2 days. I am no fanboy of any company but this thing is seriously impressive.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I would only consider a Reuleaux if you bought it with Evolve DNA chip , i think the P4U iPV III Li is a superior mod as it's proven with a great chipset by a great chipset manufacturer .

I have never heard of the manufacturer of the Reuleaux (Jaybo) or something lol . I just stick to mods that have proven chipsets and are proven to be rugged as hell because there is no mod out there now that provides a superior vape to what people were vaping a year and a half ago .

It's just design differences , when something does come along thats worth blowing money on i will have the money to buy it but that includes avoiding all these "new name who knows" mods that are flooding the market .

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
first things first, get rid of those batteries and buy decent ones. second, I think the set up you have is hard to beat. The tank puts out the most vapor I have seen, besides RDAs, and has great flavor. I own a Reuleaux RX200 and if I were to go back knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bough it. The only benefit I see is that it holds 3 18650s which is a huge benefit but Based on my own personal experience and what I have read its built like crap.
Also about the only other plus it that is firmware upgradeable.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have a Snow Wolf and a SX Mini TC mods; I just ordered a Reuleaux RX200 today. I chose it over the Sigelei 150TC because it offers Stainless Steel TC and because a bunch of folks over in the MT Thread are raving about it. The consensus there is the RX chip is so good, it's not worth paying for the DNA200. YMMV.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
I would only consider a Reuleaux if you bought it with Evolve DNA chip , i think the P4U iPV III Li is a superior mod as it's proven with a great chipset by a great chipset manufacturer .

I have never heard of the manufacturer of the Reuleaux (Jaybo) or something lol . I just stick to mods that have proven chipsets and are proven to be rugged as hell because there is no mod out there now that provides a superior vape to what people were vaping a year and a half ago .

It's just design differences , when something does come along thats worth blowing money on i will have the money to buy it but that includes avoiding all these "new name who knows" mods that are flooding the market .

Jaybo is the designer and I believe the same designer of the DNA version. The chip is Joyetech which is well known. The DNA version is basically for people that are hobbyists that want to tinker. The RX is for people who just want to vape on a rugged device with great battery life. Mine gets treated the same as my 3li and is holding up fine. No glitches so far, upgradable firmware and gets charged every 2 days. My 3li with same TFV4, same coil and same wattage was going through 2 sets of batteries in a day.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Jaybo is the designer and I believe the same designer of the DNA version. The chip is Joyetech which is well known. The DNA version is basically for people that are hobbyists that want to tinker. The RX is for people who just want to vape on a rugged device with great battery life. Mine gets treated the same as my 3li and is holding up fine. No glitches so far, upgradable firmware and gets charged every 2 days. My 3li with same TFV4, same coil and same wattage was going through 2 sets of batteries in a day.

I won't buy anything from Joytech but i know they have been around a long time , just not a fan of their stuff .

I have much more faith in my iPV's with authentic YiHi chips than i would by anything Joytech related , every single one i own is still performing like new years after i bought it .

Joytech being the parent of Eleaf certainly doesn't help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread