Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Does excess heat in the summer like sitting in a hot mail truck or mailbox effect eliquid? Or does it help steeping?

I am certain that excessive heat ruins liquid. Do NOT leave bottles in an unattended car in the summer, especially in direct sunlight... but... anywhere with it will be over 70 degrees F for any extended period of time.

The weather conditions during transit almost certain effect what arrives in the mail... heat, light, air = the enemy.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I am certain that excessive heat ruins liquid. Do NOT leave bottles in an unattended car in the summer, especially in direct sunlight... but... anywhere with it will be over 70 degrees F for any extended period of time.

The weather conditions during transit almost certain effect what arrives in the mail... heat, light, air = the enemy.

What is an extended period of time? I get it after work but it gots hotter than you know what in Vegas in the summer. Probably 6 hours-ish in the mailbox.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
What is an extended period of time? I get it after work but it gots hotter than you know what in Vegas in the summer. Probably 6 hours-ish in the mailbox.

I would certainly consult the weather before you ship liquid... or have the USPS hold your vapemail for you (inside) so you can go pick it up. Anything over 30 minutes... no bueno.

fraychek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Orlando, FL

The air handler in my house is set at 80 in the summer, that's now through probably the end of October. I'm in Florida where 80 degrees with ceiling fans, t-shirts, shorts and flip flops is cool, compared to outside, and doesn't break the bank. I steep in a stoneware casserole dish that's probably cooler. Juices in rotation are in a drawer. That will have to be cool enough.

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks for the info. Might have to get a stockpile steeping before the summer heat.

Spring and Fall are the best time to order liquid by mail. In the winter the concern is that snow and inclement weather makes USPS 1st Class mail unpredictable (PRIORITY, ALWAYS!!). In the summer - liquid getting heated (and subsequently ruined) is a very real concern. If it were me, i would monitor the weather in Omaha and locally... order 24 hours before it's going to get cool here (since we generally ship same or next day, use guidance as best you can)... and... order 2-3-4 days before an anticipated cool front in your local area (for best results).

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
Spring and Fall are the best time to order liquid by mail. In the winter the concern is that snow and inclement weather makes USPS 1st Class mail unpredictable (PRIORITY, ALWAYS!!). In the summer - liquid getting heated (and subsequently ruined) is a very real concern. If it were me, i would monitor the weather in Omaha and locally... order 24 hours before it's going to get cool here (since we generally ship same or next day, use guidance as best you can)... and... order 2-3-4 days before an anticipated cool front in your local area (for best results).

Is it ok to store juice in the fridge during summer months?

Dominique Hoogduin

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands, Netherlands

Hmm guess ill have to stock up soon then ;) That juice is gonna get cooked being that long in transit during summer.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Hmmm. Wonder if I should mount a small box to the bottom of my mailbox to put dry ice in when I am expecting an order? Hmmmm. I think I have some spare wood and need some styrofoam and aluminum to line it with. Hmmm.

Climate controlled mailboxes. (calls the engineering team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread