Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome to today's review of the Suorin Ace Micro Pod Kit that was provided to me from Suorin for the purpose of this review. The Ace is as simple as it gets as far as pod systems go being a wattage only device with a 15 watt fixed output working off a 1000 mAH internal battery. While the Ace has a fixed airflow it gives the user 2 choices of firing the device because it provides auto draw or manual button fire. Tiny is the best way to describe the Ace as you will see, so let's meet the Ace Micro Pod Kit from Suorin.

ace_n1.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

KangerTech-Vbar-40W-Pod-Kit-1000mAh_02_02_e1eb53.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

Suorin_ACE_Kit_Contents.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES

• Integrated 1000mAh Rechargeable Battery

• Max. Wattage Output: 15W

• Voltage Output Range: 3.3-4.2V

• Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction

• Dual Firing Mechanism - Button / Draw Activated

• Intuitive Firing Button

• 2mL Refillable Pod

• Ergonomic Mouthpiece

• Side Fill System - Silicone Stoppered

• Integrated 1.0ohm Coil

• Magnetic Pod Connection

• Compatible with Suorin Pod

• Lanyard Attachment Point

• Short Circuit Protection

• Open Circuit Protection

• Low Voltage Protection

• 8S Overtime Protection

• Overcharge Protection

• Type-C Charging Port

KangerTech-Vbar-40W-Pod-Kit-1000mAh_02_04_a02d63.jpg

1000MAH INTERNAL BATTERY

Suorin_ACE_Kit_1000MAH.jpg

NEW MOUTHPIECE CARTRIDGE

Suorin_ACE_Pod_cartridge_new_design.jpg

SIMPLICITY

Suorin_ACE_pod_removed.jpg

TYPE-C AND LANYARD CONNECTION

Suorin_ACE_Charging.jpg

FIVE SAFETY FEATURES

Suorin_ACE_Kit_Protections.jpg

BREAKDOWN

Suorin_ACE_Exploded_view.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The first thing I noticed after opening was just how tiny of a device the Ace was, after picking up the ace and holding it in my hand the Ace disappeared leaving only the mouthpiece visible. Being made of Zinc Alloy and plastic gives the Ace a strong solid feel with no cheap feeling to it. One thing that caught my eye was how small the charge cord was, unless you have a USB Hub charging station this charge cord is almost unusable being only 6 inches long. Only 1 pod is supplied in the kit along with the user manual.

20210607_133706 (1).jpg

The Ace uses replaceable cartridges not coils that attach using magnets as most pod systems do, the magnets are strong so your pod will not fall out, the pod cartridge sits inside the device 3/4 of a inch so for juice viewing the pod must be removed. The capacity of 2ml also includes the semi- tinted mouthpiece, with the main portion of the pod being recessed in the device leaving only the mouthpiece visible makes the Ace very compact.

Looking inside the pod port connection 2 magnets are used, between them are 2 coil contacts with the auto draw's air supply tube between them. Suorin puts a accidental fire sticker on the bottom of the coil that needs to be removed before your first vape, I like that the Ace also is shipped with a protective wrap around it as well.

20210608_134441.jpg

When the sticker is removed the outer magnets and coil contacts can be seen, the airflow supply is cut out in the clear plastic pod between the 2 gold center contacts.

20210608_143447.jpg

Juice fill is done on the side of the pod by lifting the transparent fill plug, the fill port hole is very big and I had no trouble using a Gorilla 100ml bottle tip for mess free filling of the pod.

20210608_143754.jpg

As you can see this is one tiny device that is also very thin as well and if stood up would be easily knocked over, that is why in my opinion Suorin chose to round all the corners of the device even the bottom giving the Ace such a comfortable to hold hand feel.

20210607_135331.jpg

At the top next to the pod is the type-c charge port's location with a cover that blends in very well and also has a small grove cut out for your fingernail to fit inside aiding you in it's opening, it fits into place so well that some people without fingernails might have difficulty.

20210608_142305.jpg

I can see why Suorin decided to include a lanyard connection on the Ace because of it's size but I think one should have been included in the kit

Below the lanyard connection is the fire button if you choose to use it, because the auto draw works so well I don't and I'm a button user normally. At the top of the fire button is a very tiny LED light that illuminates when vaping with either auto draw or manual button activation as well when charging the Ace.

3 colors are used for battery strength when charging as well as showing your battery strength when vaping.

* RED - 30%

* BLUE 30% - 70%

* GREEN - 70% - 100%

20210608_141640.jpg

Branding was kept to a minimum on the Ace with only the front and back of the device having any writing leaving the chrome sides free for a attractive appearance. I was sent the Urban Camo color and really like it although in bright lights you can see it's a fingerprint magnet but in normal indoor lighting it looks great.

20210608_141726.jpg

20210608_141841.jpg

20210608_150343.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I've been using the Ace for a couple of weeks and have been pleased with it's performance. The auto draw works really well and is very smooth also, I consider the Ace to be a MTL device with enough throat hit to keep me happy. Flavor from the pod cartridges is not RTA quality but it's good, I used my MTL juice that I vape in a RTA and definitely knew it's flavor when vaped in the Ace just not as many flavor notes came through but it's a pod device and I knew they wouldn't I just wanted to see how close it could be.

The battery life of 1000 mAH in such a small package is a nice bonus and being made of Zinc-Alloy gives it a solidly built feel.

Appearance of the Ace to me is appealing and I'm very happy the Urban Camo was what was sent to me because I really love it's look.

The Ace would really be great for any Nic Salt users as well as new vapers.

In closing you may ask if I recommend the Ace, I know I will get more pods and continue using it, I will also pick up a lanyard for around the neck because it's weight will be doable using it this way, one should have been included in the kit .

I would like to thank Mira and Suorin for providing the Ace Micro Kit for this review.

BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread